ryna

Education Credentials Validation

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I've been looking into getting my wife's foreign degrees evaluated for their U.S. equivalency. I've done some Google searches for education credential validation but, I don't know, they all seem to have a certain "scam" sense to them. It's probably just my unfamiliarity with the process but I still want to be cautious.

Does anyone have any experience with these services? I understand that they would be necessary if she wanted to go to grad school here in the U.S. (or to take the exams to become a licensed professional), but speaking from my own personal work experience, only once in my life have I been asked to show proof/verification of my (U.S.) degree for employment purposes so I don't know if it would be worth it just to be able to claim the degrees she has on her resume.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

ECE and WES are most often used. My sister used WES: http://www.wes.org/ I used ECE: https://www.ece.org/ - for education purposes only. No one has EVER asked me for my degree evaluation for work purposes.

So, unless your wife is going to continue her education, I would not be evaluating her degree.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been looking into getting my wife's foreign degrees evaluated for their U.S. equivalency. I've done some Google searches for education credential validation but, I don't know, they all seem to have a certain "scam" sense to them. It's probably just my unfamiliarity with the process but I still want to be cautious.

Does anyone have any experience with these services? I understand that they would be necessary if she wanted to go to grad school here in the U.S. (or to take the exams to become a licensed professional), but speaking from my own personal work experience, only once in my life have I been asked to show proof/verification of my (U.S.) degree for employment purposes so I don't know if it would be worth it just to be able to claim the degrees she has on her resume.

try the http://www.wes.org/ or ask the school that she planning to continue her degree but almost all the college and university accept that..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

ECE and WES are most often used. My sister used WES: http://www.wes.org/ I used ECE: https://www.ece.org/ - for education purposes only. No one has EVER asked me for my degree evaluation for work purposes.

So, unless your wife is going to continue her education, I would not be evaluating her degree.

As of now, she isn't so I don't really think it's worth it but as I mentioned, I'm pretty unfamiliar with the whole process. As for the work degree validation thing.. Yeah, even in my case I found it strange and it was the only time I've ever had it happen in my life. Just that company's policy of verifying that I actually hold the degree that I claimed to have, I guess.

Either way, it's good to know of a couple reputable services should the need ever arise in the future. Thanks!

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

• 2 weeks later...

I would try www.josefsilny.com. I had my evaluations here and it's fast and the procedure is very easy. Their main office is in Miami Florida but you do it online.

Goodluck!

I would try www.josefsilny.com. I had my evaluations here and it's fast and the procedure is very easy. Their main office is in Miami Florida but you do it online.

Goodluck!

Interesting - that website leads to - NOTHING - placeholder for could be websites. Not sure when you evaluated your degree(s) but I have never heard of that place. WES and ECE on the other hand, very well known in academic circles.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

my school adviser did it for me. i didnt pay anything for it.. but there some company going to ask your college diploma or transcript of record just to make sure that you actually graduated in bachelor degree or whatever degree u had.

Edited by .MythaG-

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

• 2 weeks later...

It is not abnormal to eval college degree for high paying job.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.