LoveLife2

USPS Express mail international missing?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Received a phone call today from USPS and seems the Philippine Postal service now claims the package is at Zamboanga post office. My Fiance calls them and they tell her no it's not here but you will pay 40 pesos plus 20% of declared value to get the package. I sure have learned alot about how the Philippine post office operates and will not be sending anything through them again if I have the choice.

Thanks everyone for your experience on what works best. I appreciate it.

Brad

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/01/2012 - Met in person
04/02/2012 - Became engaged
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview
00/00/2013 - Visa in hand
00/00/2013 - CFO Completed
00/00/2013 - Arrived in Minnesota
00/00/2013 - Married in Minnesota

Timeline

Agree to the above posts. Its not USPS but the Philippine Postal System that is at fault here... the thing is... the place that has more problem is the local Philippine Postal System local office. Hopefully, it will just take awhile since the this is Christmas season.

The Philippine Postal System is so corrupt back home, they either steal packages or they ask you for money "under the table" and this happens most during the holidays.

Follow the above post and scan and sent to your fiancee your receipt and even the tracking receipt. Then she should go to the local post office and tell them about it. Then if in case by miracle it appears, and she will be ask to pay for "taxes", tell her to tell the post office that they are all gifts and not for sale, so there shouldn't be any "taxes" paid. The cost should just be under 100 pesos for processing.

Goodluck!!!

Isnt That the Truth!

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Timeline

never, ever use USPS to send stuff to the Philippines. the problem isn't w/ USPS here, but with Phil Post like the others have mentioned. if it ever reaches customs, its as sure as daylight that they're gonna charge a lot more for tax, sometimes more than the value if the contents of the package.

it'll be better (and cheaper) to just send a balikbayan box.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Gosh I'm glad I ran across this post. I bought my fiancé an iPad for Christmas and was planning on mailing it and two iPhones after the Christmas holiday. Not sure I want to take the chance on mailing it and her never receiving it!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Received it yet?

Timeline

I have very good news!

My box of Christamas gifts to the Boys and their Mama was received the day after Christmas... But not just because of luck.

I had contacted USPS on 3 occasions and discussed the investigation of why this box that supposedly was scanned at the destination could be denied received by the destination city of Zamboanga. Since bar codes and scanner don't lie, someone physicly touched that box and scanned it. It took 3 calls to get this fact through to the USPS and they did contact Philpost for answers but I think it was my insitance with my communication with Philpost asking the same questions, But in a polite manner,somehow shook the box free. My love was contacted dec 26, 2012 even though the box had been scanned as received at Zamboanga Post on Dec 6, 2012 at 6:36 Am. Another nice note is that my love was previously told by Zamboanga Post that the box will cost her the 40 php PLUS at minimum 20% and possibly much more. But She paid only 40 php and walked out with all of the gifts with a decalred value of $200 which was underestimated by me purposely.

I think after all my writting and calling both USPS and Philpost that someone thought, We need to shake this box loose or we will never hear the end of it. Either that or it was pure prayers that made it happen :) I was so sad on Christamas day when I talked to the Boys and they asked where their presents were, all I could say was I'm trying so hard and will not let them down. Thank God for Christamas miracles.

PS. I won't be using USPS Express International with tracking as the name implies it's safe but in fact once it reaches Philpost it's all a gamble. I will use the replied posts here and I thank you so much for your caring, support, and recommendation for the future.

Happy new year.

Brad

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview

While it erases the element of surprise, for gifts like that until she's here, I'd send money through xoom.com.

That way you know she'll get it ;)

Gosh I'm glad I ran across this post. I bought my fiancé an iPad for Christmas and was planning on mailing it and two iPhones after the Christmas holiday. Not sure I want to take the chance on mailing it and her never receiving it!

01/15/12 - Sent Aya a message on a dating site
03/10/12 - We became "exclusive"
03/15/12 - We told each other "I love you"
08/17/12 - 2 week trip to the Philippines to be with her
08/27/12 - I asked her to marry me (in Cebuano), she cried and said yes
09/02/12 - I came back to the USA

Started on the paperwork

09/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
09/25/12 - Saw on USPS that the package was delivered in Texas
09/28/12 - NOA1
10/08/12 - Received hard copy NOA1
12/19/12 - CFO Counseling Session (to get it out of the way)
04/27/13 - NOA2
05/06/13 - NVC Received and MNL # assigned
05/21/13 - Medical Exam Day
06/04/13 - Interview Day
xx/xx/xx - Visa Arrived
xx/xx/xx - Off to Chicago

I paid $135 to have the USPS deliver with Tracking a 16"-16"-15" box filled with Christams presents to my Fiance in Zamboanga City Philippines. It was last scanned and stated:

Arrival at Pick-Up PHILIPPINES 12/06/12 6:36am

Point

My Fiance has called the Zamboanga City, Philippines Post office, and the Airport post office as that seems more likely where this last scan came from. But they state that No package has arrived from the USA even though this box was scanned to show it is there. I contacted the USPS to perform an investigation and I really thought something would be done as boxes of this size and fact that is was scanned shows it is located somewhere at delivery point!!!

Instead I recieve this email from USPS:

Date: 12/13/2012

BRADLEY MCCULLOUGH:

In response to your request dated 11/29/2012, we regret to inform you that we were unable to

locate any delivery information in our records regarding your item number XXXX xxxx 806U

S.

If you require additional assistance, please take this receipt to your local Post Office or postal

representative.

Sincerely,

United States Postal Service

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel sick knowing all my Christmas gifts for the kids and her is going to someone who stole them. I pray that it just may take a bit more time to show up but am so disgouraged by USPS to have paid $135 to have someone steal my presents and hold no one in the Pilippine postal service accountable.

This box was scanned so there is a trail but no one cares to follow.

Any suggestions, Is it possible that it will take more time or should I try to replace all my gifts and never use USPS again? I really hope its's just going to show up and my Girl is devasted that the toys for the kids are now gone.

I thought paying $135 with USPS Express mail and tracking was as safe as I could go?

I'm so sad right now...

Brad

The problem is that it gets handed of to the Philippines Post office and USPS has no control over that. I would be shocked if you mailed Christmas presents to the PI and they actually got there. Use Fedex, DHL or plan ahead and use a Balikbayan box. Those are about your only 3 options, and to be honest with customs being what it is .. Balikbayan is your only real option for gifts unless you are super wealthy .

I have very good news!

My box of Christamas gifts to the Boys and their Mama was received the day after Christmas... But not just because of luck.

I had contacted USPS on 3 occasions and discussed the investigation of why this box that supposedly was scanned at the destination could be denied received by the destination city of Zamboanga. Since bar codes and scanner don't lie, someone physicly touched that box and scanned it. It took 3 calls to get this fact through to the USPS and they did contact Philpost for answers but I think it was my insitance with my communication with Philpost asking the same questions, But in a polite manner,somehow shook the box free. My love was contacted dec 26, 2012 even though the box had been scanned as received at Zamboanga Post on Dec 6, 2012 at 6:36 Am. Another nice note is that my love was previously told by Zamboanga Post that the box will cost her the 40 php PLUS at minimum 20% and possibly much more. But She paid only 40 php and walked out with all of the gifts with a decalred value of $200 which was underestimated by me purposely.

I think after all my writting and calling both USPS and Philpost that someone thought, We need to shake this box loose or we will never hear the end of it. Either that or it was pure prayers that made it happen :) I was so sad on Christamas day when I talked to the Boys and they asked where their presents were, all I could say was I'm trying so hard and will not let them down. Thank God for Christamas miracles.

PS. I won't be using USPS Express International with tracking as the name implies it's safe but in fact once it reaches Philpost it's all a gamble. I will use the replied posts here and I thank you so much for your caring, support, and recommendation for the future.

Happy new year.

Brad

You got real lucky on several fronts. Congrats

Hi Brad!

Congrats on that and great job! I hope you don't mind me asking, how did you do it? I'm experiencing the same problem as you had, sent e-mails but got no response yet.

Oh, I'm the recipient by the way. :)

Thank you!

I have very good news!

Happy new year.

Brad

CR-1 VISA

USCIS

06/20/2012 - I-130 mailed

06/27/2012 - NOA1 (SMS)
08/28/2012 - I-130 Approved (2 months after NOA1; No RFE)
09/01/2012 - NOA2 (Mail)

NVC
09/18/2012 - NVC Case number, I-864 invoice and DS-3032 received via e-mail (3 weeks after I-130 Approval)
09/18/2012 - I-864 fee paid; DS-3032 e-mailed(used DS-3032 e-mail template)
10/02/2012 - DS-3032 acknowledged(2 weeks after e-mailing DS-3032)
10/03/2012 - IV invoice received via e-mail
10/04/2012 - IV fee paid
10/22/2012 - I-864EZ packet delivered
11/05/2012 - I-864EZ accepted (No RFE)
11/09/2012 - IV packet delivered
11/27/2012 - Confirmed case complete via phone call; received NVC instruction letter with interview date via e-mail

US EMBASSY - MANILA
12/18 & 26/2012 - Medical
01/04/2013 - Interview @ 6:15 AM (APPROVED @ around 10:10 AM)
01/10/2013 - Passport and IV packet delivered (in 4 business days)

04/30/2013 - POE: SEATTLE, WA

05/14/2013 - SSN received

05/21/2013 - GC received

10/07/2013 - 1st Day @ 1st Job

ROC

02/21/2015 - I-751 mailed via USPS

02/27/2015 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Receipt date: 02/23/2015)

05/14/2015 - Biometrics appointment (Original 3/24)

08/28/2015 - GC ordered

Naturalization

05/16/2016 - N-400 mailed via USPS

05/23/2016 - Received NOA

06/15/2016 - Biometrics appointment

Timeline

Hi Brad!

Congrats on that and great job! I hope you don't mind me asking, how did you do it? I'm experiencing the same problem as you had, sent e-mails but got no response yet.

Oh, I'm the recipient by the way. :)

Thank you!

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are going through the same ordeal. As the sender. I was very persistant with the USPS and also in emails to Philpost. My box was sent USPS Express Mail International which does have scanning. Since the box stated it had been scanned at the destination then that is what my questions kept refering to. Do you know the last scan location of your package? perhaps the sender may want to start with the USPS. I did contact Philpost and here is my last communication to the via email:

Sent to:

ems.cs@philpost.gov.ph

Hello,

I would like to have this USPS International Express Mail further investigated by the Philpost as the Zamboanga post office has been contacted on a daily basis since December 13, 2012 and the Zamboanga post office insists this package never arrived and Zamboanga post is stating that it is most likely in Manila waiting to be flown to Zamboanga. This is confusing as the USPS tracking shows it as located at:

EGxxxxxxxxxUS

Express Mail International®

Arrival at Pick-Up Point

December 06, 2012, 6:36 am

PHILIPPINES

My questions are this:

•Was this packaged 'Bar code Scanned' at the destination of Zamboanga Philippines? and if so then why is the Zamboanga Post office denying the package was ever received?

•Is there a PhilPost tracking system that could identify where this package is located or is the USPS Express Mail international code the only one used?

Shipping information:

TO:

xxx xxxx

Zamboanga City

USPS Interantional Exress Mail tracking Number:

EGxxxxxxxUS

I have the USPS also following up with an investigation of why this package can not be located and the extreme delay of the delivery.

Thank you for any information you can provide in this matter.

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview

Thank you, I feel frustrated because those are gifts and like you, I felt sad that I wasn't able to hand over the gifts on Christmas day. I was hoping I can give the gifts on New Year's, but I guess that's not happening either...

The last scan says the package was at customs clearance last Dec 16. I waited during that week until Dec 21, which was a Friday, thinking it will arrive. But, to no avail. I sent emails after Chirstmas to Philpost but they have not responded. Unfortunately I was busy with family obligations I didn't get the chance to visit the local post office after Christmas. I will just visit once they open after New Year's (today's a holiday here as well); but usually if they have it already it just gets delivered, just like the other boxes sent to me (these are just small packages). I'm really wondering. Whenever they delivered mails, I would usually ask if another package arrived already. We're like one of the oldest families here in our town, everything usually just gets delivered. I'm assuming it's stuck at the main Philpost, maybe they would only respond when USPS tries to investigate on the matter...

Thank you for sharing! I will do what you did, hopefully it works for me too.

Thanks again!

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are going through the same ordeal. As the sender. I was very persistant with the USPS and also in emails to Philpost. My box was sent USPS Express Mail International which does have scanning. Since the box stated it had been scanned at the destination then that is what my questions kept refering to. Do you know the last scan location of your package? perhaps the sender may want to start with the USPS. I did contact Philpost and here is my last communication to the via email:

Sent to:

ems.cs@philpost.gov.ph

Hello,

I would like to have this USPS International Express Mail further investigated by the Philpost as the Zamboanga post office has been contacted on a daily basis since December 13, 2012 and the Zamboanga post office insists this package never arrived and Zamboanga post is stating that it is most likely in Manila waiting to be flown to Zamboanga. This is confusing as the USPS tracking shows it as located at:

EGxxxxxxxxxUS

Express Mail International®

Arrival at Pick-Up Point

December 06, 2012, 6:36 am

PHILIPPINES

My questions are this:

•Was this packaged 'Bar code Scanned' at the destination of Zamboanga Philippines? and if so then why is the Zamboanga Post office denying the package was ever received?

•Is there a PhilPost tracking system that could identify where this package is located or is the USPS Express Mail international code the only one used?

Shipping information:

TO:

xxx xxxx

Zamboanga City

USPS Interantional Exress Mail tracking Number:

EGxxxxxxxUS

I have the USPS also following up with an investigation of why this package can not be located and the extreme delay of the delivery.

Thank you for any information you can provide in this matter.

CR-1 VISA

USCIS

06/20/2012 - I-130 mailed

06/27/2012 - NOA1 (SMS)
08/28/2012 - I-130 Approved (2 months after NOA1; No RFE)
09/01/2012 - NOA2 (Mail)

NVC
09/18/2012 - NVC Case number, I-864 invoice and DS-3032 received via e-mail (3 weeks after I-130 Approval)
09/18/2012 - I-864 fee paid; DS-3032 e-mailed(used DS-3032 e-mail template)
10/02/2012 - DS-3032 acknowledged(2 weeks after e-mailing DS-3032)
10/03/2012 - IV invoice received via e-mail
10/04/2012 - IV fee paid
10/22/2012 - I-864EZ packet delivered
11/05/2012 - I-864EZ accepted (No RFE)
11/09/2012 - IV packet delivered
11/27/2012 - Confirmed case complete via phone call; received NVC instruction letter with interview date via e-mail

US EMBASSY - MANILA
12/18 & 26/2012 - Medical
01/04/2013 - Interview @ 6:15 AM (APPROVED @ around 10:10 AM)
01/10/2013 - Passport and IV packet delivered (in 4 business days)

04/30/2013 - POE: SEATTLE, WA

05/14/2013 - SSN received

05/21/2013 - GC received

10/07/2013 - 1st Day @ 1st Job

ROC

02/21/2015 - I-751 mailed via USPS

02/27/2015 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Receipt date: 02/23/2015)

05/14/2015 - Biometrics appointment (Original 3/24)

08/28/2015 - GC ordered

Naturalization

05/16/2016 - N-400 mailed via USPS

05/23/2016 - Received NOA

06/15/2016 - Biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.