6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi VJ members. I've been gone for a while, but we finally got I-601 approved and fiancee (now my wife) and step daughter are here with me now. :D

We have pretty much all the documents prepared and ready to file AOS. However, I am really confused on the medical exam requirements still.

They were at the Consulate in Ciudad Juarez in September 2012 and did their exam there. I don't have a copy of a DS 3025, we only had whatever they submitted upon their arrival at POE.

I'm unclear of what we have to do in terms of the I-693? Do we have to do a whole new medical again for each of them? Or do we just need the vaccination part of the form updated by a civil surgeon and signed and sealed?

Thanks for your help. I'm glad to be back! It felt like we would never get to this AOS part.

Timeline

Well I went ahead and scheduled an appointment for the full medical on Monday. I'm in the SF Bay Area and they quoted me for $150 each (my wife and step-daughter) plus any immunizations that may still be needed. Does that price sound about right?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

When was their medical? If it's less than a year ago, no need for a full new medical.

What about their vaccinations? Do you know if everything required was up to date at the time of their medicals?

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

Hi - my step-daughter has pretty much all of them since she is 11 and she needed most of them before she could enter the school system here. My wife, however, has had them done in the past as a child, so she might need some of them again. But they did the TB test and all that two months ago for sure in Juarez. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Well I went ahead and scheduled an appointment for the full medical on Monday. I'm in the SF Bay Area and they quoted me for $150 each (my wife and step-daughter) plus any immunizations that may still be needed. Does that price sound about right?

$150 is really reasonable! While you don't need a new medical, from memory Mexico doesn't do ANY shots or give a copy of the sheet so I'd go ahead and do it if you can afford it. Someone I know paid $1,500.00

Timeline

Thanks. I've researched this as much as possible and I'll just get the vaccine portion filled out. If they require the exam then I understand we will get an RFE and we'll handle it immediately if that happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.