13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I knew something was wrong when my fiancee' sent me message so fast after returning to St. Luke's today. X-ray appears to have shown something so consequently she will have to undergo a sputum test. Needless to say it looks like we'll have to wait an extra two months for the tests. Words cannot even describe how I feel right now, but I feel worse for her since she's dealing with this all on her own 9000 miles away from me.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I knew something was wrong when my fiancee' sent me message so fast after returning to St. Luke's today. X-ray appears to have shown something so consequently she will have to undergo a sputum test. Needless to say it looks like we'll have to wait an extra two months for the tests. Words cannot even describe how I feel right now, but I feel worse for her since she's dealing with this all on her own 9000 miles away from me.

Deeboe,

I am truly sorry for what you and your fiancee are going through. I hope she is healthy and able to join you soon and this is a false alarm. I will put in a prayer for you, my friend.

Harry

Hi, that's sad but we can do nothing about it. All you can do is to love her more and support her on this time of disappointment. And don't forget that St. Luke's are doing this test for HER own good so that if there's really something wrong with her lungs, it will be cure right away. Just keep the faith and patience. :)

God bless you both.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

And don't forget that St. Luke's are doing this test for HER own good so that if there's really something wrong with her lungs, it will be cure right away.

:thumbs:

I hope everything turns out negative and it's a false alarm. If it IS something, it's good that they found it and can treat her if needed. Hopefully it won't take the full 2 months.

Take care and good luck :thumbs:

I know exactly what you are feeling. We went through the same thing regarding the tests, and more (DOT). In the end all will be well. If negative, then that's great news. IF something is found, then she will be treated and that's great news too. You've got to see it that way, I sure had to come to terms with it. Good Luck.

01/12/2013: POE
02/14/2013: MARRIED ON VALENTINE'S DAY!
03/18/2013: AOS Sent via USPS Express Mail
03/28/2013: NOA - AOS, AP, EAD
04/25/2013: Biometrics

05/28/2013: RFEs for EADs and APs

06/17/2013: AOS Interviews. Approved

06/26/2013: Green Cards Received! (APs and EAD also received but not needed)

Removal of Conditions

===================================

03/25/2015: Mailed I-751

04/06/2015: NOA1

05/05/2015: Biometrics

07/27/2015: RFE

09/07/2015: RFE Response - Additional Evidence Sent

11/19/2015: Interview - APPROVED!

12/15/2016: Green Cards Issued!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can relate, my finace also was flagged for the sputum test. Tomorrow is the third day. We had our interview schedule for 20-Dec. I feel your disappointment, it is emotionally crushing to learn it is required but as others have said her health is of primary importance.

How ironic is it that we wait amost 6 months to hopin to hear something (NOA2), and now we have to wait 2 months hoping to hear nothing?

K1 Visa
Service Center: VSC
Consulate: Manila, Philippines

--------------------------------------------

2013-04-15: AOS Delivered
2013-04-23: Text/Email Arrived -> 11:23PM

2013-04-29: NOA HardCopies Arrived (USPS)

2013-05-03: Biometrics Appointment Letter Rec'd

2013-05-24: Biometrics Complete

2013-06-13: EAD Card in Production

2013-06-19: EAD Card is in the Mail

2013-06-21: EAD/AP Card Arrived! -> 67 days

2013-08-07: SSN/Card Received

2013-08-09: State ID Card Issued

2013-09-06: Interview Waiver Letter Rec'd

2013-10-25: Interview Scheduled

2106-03-03: Divorced

Feel better, Hopefully it turns out to be nothing and u will be with your fiance soon :)

Our Journey

06/12/12 - K-1 Sent

06/19/12 - NOA1

12/15/12 - NOA 2

02/11/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!

"Complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind." - Philippians 2:2

tumblr-love-quotes_large.jpg

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

All our thoughts are with you Deeboe. I hope that your fiancée is fine and this is false alarm, and of course, that you won't have to wait two more months!

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I appreciate all the support. We'll get through this. I always think positive and just chock this up to "everything happens for a reason". I told my fiancee if she has to wait the two months, I'll take a trip to the Philippines mid-January. That perked her up. We haven't seen each other (at least in person) for the last 6 months. It will be my third trip there within the last 10 months. Twist my arm. Not a fan of the cost of the ticket, but I love the Philippines. It all works out in the end.

Chelliot, sorry to hear that. I guess we're in the same boat. Our interview was set for December 21st. It was so tough to cancel it; I could barely bring myself to do it. Glad to see someone on here also living in the Boston area.

My gosh so sorry to hear that! I hope everything turns out alright for you and your fiancee!

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

We are in this same boat waiting the 2 months for results of the 3 day sputum & blood tests. We however did not cancel our appointment. We went ahead with the appointment and got the approval for the visa they just won't stamp it into the passport until the results come back in Jan. : ( So we wait. If he is positive I hear it is an additional 6 month wait while they take antibiotics. I am not up for another delay. It has been a year and we have spent all our money and need to be together finally. Ughhh! Any good advice. We are preparing a letter to our govt officials if necessary. I know it's all going to work out eventually but the sooner the better. : )

Deeboe-

It is sad that you have to wait longer... But believe me- that extra time will be worth it to know she is healthy!!

I work in the medical field and I know as a caregiver what is going on in your minds in this matter... But it is SOOOO much better to kick this health issue to the curb ASAP!

I wish you both well... And the best of luck!

I've been to Phil 2 times in the last 10 mints also- I love it there!!! And yes, the cost hits hard but seeing her smile and feeling her touch is worth every penny!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.