sdchargers

About ready to send, does cover letter and package content look good?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi All,

About ready to send the package off!

Could you please let me know if the cover letter and contents look good:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/21/2012

USCIS California Service Center

P.O. Box 10751

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1075

RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE OF:

Name, xxxxxx

To whom it may concern,

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding Name. Name was awarded Adjustment of Status to Conditional Permanent Residence on xxxxxx.

We are happily living together and jointly request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of Name.

Contents include the following documents, constituting a petition for the Removal of Conditions on the Residence of Name.

• Completed I-751 JOINT Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

• Check for $590 to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

• Photocopy of both sides of Names’s Permanent Resident Card.

Enclosed please also find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

• Copies or our renewal lease agreement and original agreement for our current address. Copies of our lease agreement from our previous address

• Copies of our renter’s insurance summary for current and previous address

• Copy or our IRS return transcripts for 2010 and 2011

• Copy of our joint debit and credit cards from Chase. Copy of our credit cards from Bank Of America

• Copies of the summary of our Chase joint checking account statements

• Copies of current and previous car insurance, health insurance, dental insurance cards

• Copies of gas/electric bills

• Copies of Verizon bills for our family plan

• Copies of pictures taken with our families and during vacation

• Copy of our change of address confirmation from USPS

• Copy of flight itineraries for our trips back to France to see our families and from our vacation

• Copy of our Costco membership card

Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've checked the accuracy of all docs, signed everything so if you think it's all good, I'll include all this in an envelope and send off via USPS Express mail with delivery confirmation and waive the signature requirement. Is that the best way.

Thanks all and happy Thanksgiving!!! :)

I am the US citizen, my wife is the applicant.

Adjusting from J1 Trainee visa:

August 25th, 2010: Filed AOS package to USCIS

August 27th, 2010: Package received by USCIS

September 2nd, 2010: Received I797 for I-130, I-485, I-765

October 14th, 2010: Received biometrics appointment letter (will be on Nov 5th)

AOS interview will be on January 13th, 2011!

January 13th, 2011: Approved at the day of the interview

Next step, removal of conditions

Looks good to me!

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We included our passports, life insurance also.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Looks good...just want to suggest some additional docs that you might want to include if applicable. Copies of Drivers Licenses to show same address, copies of library cards, any kids? if so, copy of birth certificate, any affidavits from family/friends attesting to your ongoing relationship and marriage? Any joint titles on cars?

CR-1 VISA

2010-06-01: Get Married!!!

2010-06-15: Mail out I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative

2010-06-22: I-130 NOA1
2010-09-30: I-130 NOA2
2011-01-26: Interview - APPROVED! (7 months, 4 days)
2011-02-02: Visa issued and in hand!
2011-02-25: POE - JFK (New York City)
2011-03-14: Received Conditional Green Card
2011-04-01: Received SS Card
2012-03-25: Our son is born!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-11-27: Mail out I-751 - Removal of conditions
2012-12-03: I-751 NOA1
2013-01-17: Biometrics

2013-05-13: I-751 Approved

2013-05-17: Received 10 year Green Card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-11-27: Naturalization Eligibility (3 years based on marriage)

2013-11-29: Mail out N-400 - Application for Naturalization

2013-12-03: N-400 NOA1

2013-12-06: Check Cashed

2013-12-31: Biometrics

2014-01-27: Place In-Line for Interview

2014-03-28: Interview Scheduled

2014-04-04: Interview Letter Received

2014-05-06: Interview

2014-05-12: N-400 Approved and Oath Date Scheduled

2014-05-22: Oath Ceremony - Become a naturalized citizen!!!

OUR VISA JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

I think I've seen a lot of people sending 3 years tax records though I don't know if its really required. I was planning on sending in 3 years myself.

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

Looks good to me too... you have pretty much everything we did, and we were recently approved without an interview.

We included our passports, life insurance also.

Passports might be good if you have entry/exit stamps showing trip(s) taken together... if not, probably not needed. Any insurance policy showing joint coverage or designation of spouse as beneficiary is good.

Looks good...just want to suggest some additional docs that you might want to include if applicable. Copies of Drivers Licenses to show same address, copies of library cards, any kids? if so, copy of birth certificate, any affidavits from family/friends attesting to your ongoing relationship and marriage? Any joint titles on cars?

We also sent our daughter's birth certificate, as well as her baptismal certificate and health insurance coverage info showing both my wife (the GC holder) and our daughter as covered dependents on my policy. Affidavits aren't considered particularly strong evidence (see the "I-751 evidence" pinned thread at the top of the forum); you can probably skip them if you have lots of other primary evidence showing cohabitation, intermingling of finances, etc. While they can't hurt, I wouldn't expend a ton of effort on them.

I think I've seen a lot of people sending 3 years tax records though I don't know if its really required. I was planning on sending in 3 years myself.

If you have three years of joint tax filings, it can't hurt to send all three. It all depends on the timing of the marriage and the ROC filing window. In our case, our ROC filing window fell before our 2012 tax filing so we were only able to send two years' worth.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your awesome advice!

In terms of tax returns, 2010 and 2011 were the only years we had income and had to file, which are the returns we incluuded. Also, before that we both lived abroad so didn't have to file. Regarding the passports, do you recommend copying the visa section with the entry stamps? We do have trips overseas together so we can definitely do that! I know I'm terrible but I haven't enrolled in any life insurance yet, and our drivers license doesn't show the same address (mine shows our previous address and my wife's shows the current address). Same for car titles, since I applied for financing for the car alone (since my wife didn't have a drivers license at that time and the bank didn't let her join me in the application) it wouldn't show both our names :(

What we do have is car registrations one with her name for her car and one with my name for my car showing the same address. Would that help?

No kids so far, although we should be able to have that evidence for naturalization :) As far as affidavits, I remember seeing that they were not needed as long as there was a lot of primary evidence as well. Based on the documents we're including, do you think we should add? It would delay the filing so we might want to skip if that's OK?

Once again, thank you so much for your help!

I am the US citizen, my wife is the applicant.

Adjusting from J1 Trainee visa:

August 25th, 2010: Filed AOS package to USCIS

August 27th, 2010: Package received by USCIS

September 2nd, 2010: Received I797 for I-130, I-485, I-765

October 14th, 2010: Received biometrics appointment letter (will be on Nov 5th)

AOS interview will be on January 13th, 2011!

January 13th, 2011: Approved at the day of the interview

Next step, removal of conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.