Danno

Survey says..."men want more traditional women".

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Men want women to be more traditional - and women 'are HAPPY to be the housewife'

article-0-026FBCE600000578-69_468x371.jpg

It was the feminist dream of the 1960s – a world in which men and women share the load equally.

But it seems the fairer sex has all but abandoned the struggle. According to research published today, most men want a traditional wife – and women are often only too

happy to oblige.

In turn, it claims that the husband women most desire is a 'retrosexual' – meaning they are more hunter gatherer than a 'metrosexual' stay-at-home father.

More than 1,500 adults were asked about the attributes that they 'most valued' in a spouse or partner. Their answers could have been taken from a manual to happy married life in the 1950s.

At the top of the men's list was 'taking care of the home', followed by cooking, cleaning and great parenting.

Only 16 per cent said they value 'financial stability' in a woman – which means most men put domestic bliss above a wife who calls the shots in the boardroom.

The research from.the Yorkshire Building Society found many women are making equally conventional choices.

article-0-026FBC8000000578-196_468x592.jpg

Nearly 40 per cent said 'financial stability' is one of the most important qualities in their husband and they rank gardening as more important than an ability to cook or clean.

Tanya Jackson, corporate affairs manager at the building society, said: 'A lot of women used to think they wanted a metrosexual man.

'But then they realised they were fed up with a man who spent longer in the bathroom than they did.

'Many women now feel they actually want a hunter-gatherer and they will look after their man in return.'

Figures from the Office for National Statistics bear out the claims. More than 2.1million women say they do not work because they are 'looking after their family or home'.

Only 193,000 men gave the same answer – a figure which has fallen by 6 per cent over the past year.

http://www.dailymail...-housewife.html

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove inappropriate editorial comment inserted in article

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

Love when men tell women why they think the way they do. It's always a good read.

Well, well, well.

Earlier we had a discussion about what women want I I made the case that women seek security .... are you realizing that you are not alone in that? Come out and admit, you are like nearly every other women.

If you won't confess that.... at least admit I was right on the point when speaking of women at large.

:thumbs:

William Penn

Well, well, well.

Earlier we had a discussion about what women want I I made the case that women seek security .... are you realizing that you are not alone in that? Come out and admit, you are like nearly every other women.

If you won't confess that.... at least admit I was right on the point when speaking of women at large.

:thumbs:

Yes, Danno, you know everything about women. You know why they vote the way they do and what they think about their role in society. :rofl: Whatever you want to hear that'll make you happy.

It's a good thing you're here to explain it to us womenfolk.

It's why I went with a RUB gal Danno. :yes:

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

(inappropriate editorial comment inserted into article by OP and quoted here removed)

now that, is completely offensive.

people, in general, seek security. considering the time we live in - generally a family needs two incomes to make it. and i know i see plenty of guys on these boards b*tch about having to pay child support and alimony. tradition has nothing to do with reality.

Edited by Kathryn41

And the amazing thing is that he'll get away with it. You can talk ####### about women and gays on VJ as long as you don't mention anyone by name.

And the amazing thing is that he'll get away with it. You can talk ####### about women and gays on VJ as long as you don't mention anyone by name.

That post of yours offends me for the fact you don't agree with every thing I think and do.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

That post of yours offends me for the fact you don't agree with every thing I think and do.

Cool. Post a picture of two men cuddling or some sheep or whatever it is you do to make yourself feel better. It'll pass.

Edited by Evylin

Timeline

people, in general, seek security. considering the time we live in - generally a family needs two incomes to make it. and i know i see plenty of guys on these boards b*tch about having to pay child support and alimony. tradition has nothing to do with reality.

Actually I find it offensive too, because here I was, raised up with intelligent women, full of smarts, dignity, and feistiness (and self-reliant) then when you get out in the real world ... well it's a little disappointing and as you said Offensive.

Team-Obama is smart, they know the number of Single women have surged and so they exploit them, playing to their insecurities and yes their desire for security.

But don't take my word for it ask'em

- Women do you like flowers? Yep

-Women do you seek security? Yep.

Edited by Danno

William Penn

Actually I find it offensive too, because here I was, raised up with intelligent women, full of smarts, dignity, and feistiness and self-reliant when you get out in the real world ... well it's a little disappointing and as you said Offensive.

Team-Obama is smart, they know the number of Single women have surged and so they exploit them, playing to their insecurities and yes their desire for security.

Sexist and disgusting. That's all there is to it.

Because women vote for a guy you don't like doesn't mean they aren't capable of thinking for themselves or they're being exploited. Jesus.

Edited by Evylin

who were you asking?

i'm a woman but don't care for flowers. especially if they are a costly arrangement, please save your money for something long lasting.

HUMANS seek security. the problem with being a girl is, men have quite a market on financial security. makes it rough.

Timeline

Sexist and disgusting. That's all there is to it.

Because women vote for a guy you don't like doesn't mean they aren't capable of thinking for themselves or they're being exploited. Jesus.

Sis, what more do you want from me?

I let you sit at my knee that you might learn and you then doubt my wisdom.... ok, I get that I am a skeptic too but then I bring you the hard numbers and you still linger in denial.

What am I to do?

:P

William Penn

Sis, what more do you want from me?

I let you sit at my knee that you might learn and you then doubt my wisdom.... ok, I get that I am a skeptic too but then I bring you the hard numbers and you still linger in denial.

What am I to do?

:P

I, unfortunately, haven't learned my lesson with you yet. Everyone tells me how pointless it is to try and talk to you like a normal person, yet here I am. You will not change. You'll still have your sexist beliefs and talk down to anyone you don't agree with. Life will go on. Have a good night.