charlie s

Approved N-400 Interview Case Status Changed to RFE Right before 120 day deadline

13 posts in this topic

Had a strange thing while checking my online status...

applied in April

interview in August and approved at the interview

my CRIS status did not change from Testing and Interview...

now when checking over the weekend it has gone to RFE...

the status states

"On November 14, 2012, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

It is less than 2 weeks away from the 120 days deadline.

is this a fluke... or has something dramatically changed?

Again, my application was approved at the interview.

I'd give them a call... now go back to the "result" sheet from your interview, if it's checked as everything looks fine and wait for final decision then only thing I can think off is something went wrong during that final decision.

Once you get the RFE and see what do they want to see, then go from there.

Keep us updated!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wait a few days. When you will receive that letter, I guess it will be invitation to the Oath (my point is they did mistake on the online status). Less likely, but possible, they want something easy to send them. Don't worry! (although I would worry too in your place, USCIS is a Pandora box, I will never sleep good until I'll done with them)

Filed: Other Timeline

The online system is notoriously unreliable. I had become a US citizen over a month earlier before the system had scheduled me for the Oath. Pay NO attention to it.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

That is very unusual. Call USCIS immediately.

1353262254[/url]' post='5830071']

Had a strange thing while checking my online status...

applied in April

interview in August and approved at the interview

my CRIS status did not change from Testing and Interview...

now when checking over the weekend it has gone to RFE...

the status states

"On November 14, 2012, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

It is less than 2 weeks away from the 120 days deadline.

is this a fluke... or has something dramatically changed?

Again, my application was approved at the interview.

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

I went down to the District Office and did an InfoPass appointment.

They alternately said that something was mailed out and also said that the entry must have been the last time that the IO looked at the file.

Mailings from the local office arrive the next day.

They said it was mailed on Friday, thus I should have gotten it on Sat.

But nothing on Sat, Mon, Tues, or Today.

I am beginning to think that it is some sort of computer fluke.

They have sent everything to me at my address before, so they have my correct address.

There is part of me that wants to "guess" at what they want and bring it down.

But part of me that just thinks that I should simply wait.

Sorry Friday was the 16th...

The online status said 14th...

So a few more days that I should have gotten something.

The lady at the counter said that it might be something that the supervisor wants that was forgotten at the interview.

It this was a BIG thing wouldn't they have notified me by now?

What is the procedure for a 2nd interview?

It that what I am facing?

Filed: Timeline

Charlie,

I don't think you should worry much at this stage especially when you haven't got the mail yet to know what is actually being sent to you. If you would assume things then it would drive you crazy which is not a healthy thing if you ask me. Just relax and calm down, and wait for the mail. More anxious you would get, more it would bother you. Besides, you don't have any choice at this time than just wait for the mail.

In my opinion, it could be a simple thing that officer might have forgotten to ask you at the interview but realized later on before closing down your file. So don't worry much about it. There won't be second interview, but officer might ask you some clarification/explanation on something or may be asking a simple document to provide. When I was in the process of naturalization a few years back, the adjudication officers called me twice on different dates to get clarification/explanation on many different things which she realized only after many days of my interview. In my case officer called to get explanation, but probably in your case they need in writing or some documents. Just chill out man and relax. Everything would be just fine, trust me.

Good luck...

• 1 month later...

Folks...

The waiting was worth it...

CRIS states "On December 28, 2012, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

Cleared...

Thanks for all the help...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations. I'm glad that everything has fallen properly into place.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

Folks...

The waiting was worth it...

CRIS states "On December 28, 2012, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

Cleared...

Thanks for all the help...

Didn't I tell you to chill out, relax, don't worry and everything will be alright? You were worried like a hell and so much into guessing game. Anyway, congratulation....

Wilerao59

yeah... i know sometimes you need to just wait...

Everyone one else I know told me to chill out also...

I think they were getting tired of me talking about the same topic..

Thanks for your help...

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

They said I passed the interview and the next thing I received is RFE notice online. Been waiting for my RFE notice to see what is request for submit and it has been 16 days since my interview. Called the immigration hotline and they said they will resend it. Waiting... waiting again.... #######

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.