A and T

Is this impossible? Tourist visa to the USA for my wife

34 posts in this topic

The illegal Mexicans need to be dealt with as well. You can go anywhere you choose,and who accepts you. Or you can vote to legislate different laws, if you like.

I personally prefer the USA to err on the side of caution, rather than let dangerous people in.

US$10,000? lol That's it? Thank GOD we do not allow that.

INS is not the generic term for USCIS. I think what you meant was ICE. Which INS is still not a generic term for. INS does not exist. Has not for years? Was I in the Army? Or should I say I was in the Army Air Forces?

Kleenex is not generic for tissue either. Kleenex is a specific brand ;)

Thank you! At lest someone here is intelligent and knows there is no such thing as the DREAM Act!

You were in the Army Air Forces.. Wow that would make you well over 70 years old. You have held up well to be that age.

Saying there is no Dream Act is like saying there was no ERA.. What your trying to say and can't quite verbalize is that it did not pass congress.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/md-voters-deciding-on-dream-act-law/2012/11/06/d539fe66-282f-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html

Here is proof to my "silly claim." Please try a simple Google search next time.

Edited by vaughandw

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Geez Louise...

... if flaming me for saying that improved your self esteem then I am ok with it.

This guy only seems to come around to flame and stir the waters... :huh:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thats true, but i just assumed since the USA has no problem with illegal immigrants crossing in and staying or kids being brought over as illegal and growing up in the states that the legal path would be a lot more accepted.

Example

Immigrant crosses the border, has no visa brings a child not born in the usa, that kid gets to stay under the dream act

Me, married my wife and have a son. My wife can't even visit for a short time after following all legal channels.

For me, yes i do see a difference in those.

If the wife of a usa citizen and mother of a usa citizen has no right, then illegals should also have no right. But instead it seems they have more rights than those of us that follow the laws and steps and wait our time (years)

I agree the US is so F--- up. A married US citizen has to jump through hoops to bring a family member but someone from Mexico can just walk over have a baby and the baby gets to stay. My wife is Filipina and became a US citizen last March. It took us 8 months to get her parents to the US. Her sister and brother will have to wait 10-20 years. This country is so worried about helping other countries and not US citizen that's why the US economy is so bad now

DON'T even try for the tourist visa. You will not get it an just waste your money to file.

Edited by ChrisB0707

This guy only seems to come around to flame and stir the waters... :huh:

I was wondering ? I don't stray back in here much. He was off the chain. Of course anyone who has just been thru the K-1 in the past year knows there is no suc thing as the INS, but of course we all say green card and that is not exactly correct either.

Anyway keep your good work. I do see your posts from time to time and you do help a lot of people in here. You must have the patience of Job.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First, as others have said, getting a tourist visa in this case will be impossible. She's already married, you have a pending petition to bring her over, you'll never be able to convince them that she's going to go home.

As to this whole Dream Act / Hispanic Illegal thread. Wow. The amount of complete BS being thrown around here is astounding. The same criteria that allows a Hispanic Baby born in this country to stay is the same that would allow YOUR Baby to be an automatic US Citizen, just for being born here. This is the general rule of law in most countries. It's not designed to help Hispanics any more than it's designed to help you, or people from any country.

There is no Dream Act. An ACT, as in an act of congress, was never passed. So it doesn't exist as law. What Obama said he's doing to do is not the same as the Dream Act.

Immigration is a problem in this country. But it's not because of illegal Hispanics. It's because like most government it's become too complicated in red tape, too many agencies, forms, understaffed offices, and apathetic customs and consular officers. I don't disagree that it should be easier. It should be.

But if you think that the US just has an open door for any Mexican to wander across the border, you're not paying attention. Hundreds of thousands are still stopped at the border, caught here and deported or held in detention.

And I'm sorry, but the notion that some kid, who was brought here by his parents when he had no choice, who's going to college or wants to serve in the mIlitary, the idea of extending to that person citizenship is a great idea. These are the people we WANT in this country.

Thats true, but i just assumed since the USA has no problem with illegal immigrants crossing in and staying or kids being brought over as illegal and growing up in the states that the legal path would be a lot more accepted.

They do have a problem with illegal immigrants, that's why the PI is not on the visa waver program.

Example

Immigrant crosses the border, has no visa brings a child not born in the usa, that kid gets to stay under the dream act

Your preaching to the choir. Did you vote, are you actively engaged in politics, do you demonstrate your discontent in the streets or to the politicians. I think not!

Me, married my wife and have a son. My wife can't even visit for a short time after following all legal channels.

I was married in the PI ,my bio daughter was born there as well so your not telling anything new. I played by the rules and my family is with me now. 7 months of waiting is worth never having too look over our back, hide or deal with a ban from the US!

File your I-130 'wife' and CRBA for your bio child he has claim to US citizenship, that is if you as the US citizen meet the requirements?

For me, yes i do see a difference in those.

What's the difference file your I-130 and be done with it.

If the wife of a usa citizen and mother of a usa citizen has no right, then illegals should also have no right. But instead it seems they have more rights than those of us that follow the laws and steps and wait our time (years)

Years, took me 7 months! The bio child has claim to US citizenship, I'd call that rights, that is if you as the US citizen and child meet the requirements? As for your wife, marrying a foreigner gives you no inherent rights, the US goverment extends the privilege for you and I to bring our immediate family members to the US. Some countries would never do that or make it very difficult. file your I-130.

I get the feeling your in the same position you've complained about 'illegal immigrant' If not stop the poor lil-me ####### and be done with it, file your I-130

Never happen.

Way too many criminals, visa/marriage scammers and over-stayers from the Philippines.

Why are you having visa problems? Sounds like someone already committed a crime...

:thumbs:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Because the risk is too great. To economic stability and national security. America needs to be assured that we know who is here, where they are, and that our nation is secure. Paying a small bond to give free passage to a citizen from a nation known for crime, fraud, and terrorism is NOT a good trade off.

These laws are here to protect America. Don't like it? Then leave.

This is the delusion of people who cannot see the tens of millions of illegal immigrants that are here just since the last amnesty act in 1986. The government does not have their names, their addresses, or their criminal backgrounds. That's something delusional people convince themselves of in spite of the facts.

It is the also the delusion of people who cannot see that 9/11 was perpetrated by people who not only came over on "legal" visas, but the plot was run by the uncle (khalid Mohammed) of the fist world trade center bomber (Ramzi Youseff) and their plot (then called Bojinka) was taken off their computer hard drive when their apartment in the Philippines caught fire from the explosives they were preparing.

Your government is that stupid, hypocritical, and deceitful enough to lie about it and say they had no idea of any hijacking plot. The Philippines National Police gave them that hard drive, gave them Ramzi Youseff, and let them know Khalid Monammed had escaped. Straight to Osama Bin Laden, who financed the completion of the plot.

As a 28 year pilot I can tell you how ludicrous the airport security is - a huge show for the public and major inconvenience/expense to travelers but just like immigration some men with box cuttrers can kill thousands because of the incompetence and ineffectiveness of it all.

People like you who operate on the basis of delusions give our government all it needs: All they have to do is lie to you and you are blind to the facts right in front of your face. The people who founded this country had intelligence enough to think for themselves instead of swallowing whatever propaganda their King peddled. Now it is populated by a lot of blind dupes.

94% Catholic? LOL You obviously know little about the Philippines.

It was just an example. Like yours relating my information about US laws to that of Iranians and Holocaust victims... though I find that a bit distasteful and confrontational. Whatever.

Officially the count is 81% of the Philippines is Catholic. Other Christian sects represent 9% and Muslims take up another 5%. The remainder are Buddhists and indigenous religions. Only one half of one percent (0.5%) identify as atheist or non-religious. Given your posting history I think you are here mainly to stir up trouble.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, our immigration is at a stand still and at some point we might just cancel it all together. We would be happy if my wife could just get a tourist visa to the states and visit my family for maybe a month and us return to the philippines.

How impossible is it for the wife of a usa citizen to get a tourist visa?

Hi there! Since we are not living in the States, we opted Tourist Visa route so I can visit US and meet my husband's family and friends. I once denied once but tried for the second time. I was granted a 10-year multiple entry Visa and now I am in the States for one month.

God bless

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised" Proverbs 31:30

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi there! Since we are not living in the States, we opted Tourist Visa route so I can visit US and meet my husband's family and friends. I once denied once but tried for the second time. I was granted a 10-year multiple entry Visa and now I am in the States for one month.

God bless

You were granted a 10 year tourist visa while you had a pending petition for an immigration based visa?

What did you do differently on the second attempt than the first. Would you say your ties to the country are the same as hers? Is your husband a legal resident of the PI? The answers to these questions could be very helpful to the O P.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.