Jortiz12885

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I don't get how CR1's are even available since it is fraud to go and marry a partner in any circumstance :/ it seems no matter what way either person enters a any country your not supposed to marry while there :S How is anyone supposed to marry while staying within the law to be able to apply for the CR1?!?!?

People have the option of applying for a K1. We married in Denmark with no problems. There was about a 3 week wait though. There are countries that are more used to marriage tourism that a person could go and visit.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah we are going through the K1 process now, just worrying about if it gets denied since I have 5 kids to come with me. Trying to see what our options are if this doesn't work, boy I wish all of this wasn't so hard we just want to be together :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Am not asking that!!! Main reason am asking is to do the right thing! I can get married in Brazil!! But it will take longer, when here in Nj it takes 1 week or less n then she just goes back.n we START CR1 VISA!!!

There is nothing wrong with getting married in the USA on the visa waiver program or a tourist visa, you are allowed to do that. You are not allowed to enter the USA with the intention of getting married AND STAYING- if that is what you want to do, a K1 is needed. It is a good idea to bring proof of return when she comes to the US to get married- letter from employer, rpoof she is renting an apartment, leaving a minor child behind, that sort of thing.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

The OP is not asking how to commit immigration fraud. They want to marry in the US and apply for IR1 from Brazil. We got married in Indonesia and my travelling to Indonesia to get married was not with the intention of getting married and staying there, it was with the intention of getting married and coming back.

The answer to the OP is this: There is a chance that she will be turned away at the POE if she tells the truth and there is a chance that it will be picked up if she does not. When they ask "purpose of visit" they type it in on that computer thingy at the POE so they do keep up with at least the basic answers. It's a gamble - 5:6 odds and pick 'em

you are asking people on this site how to help you lie and get around the reason for the true visit to the US. I do not understand why this thread has not been closed as you are asking how to commit immigration fraud.

i don't get it.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

The OP is not asking how to commit immigration fraud. They want to marry in the US and apply for IR1 from Brazil. We got married in Indonesia and my travelling to Indonesia to get married was not with the intention of getting married and staying there, it was with the intention of getting married and coming back.

The answer to the OP is this: There is a chance that she will be turned away at the POE if she tells the truth and there is a chance that it will be picked up if she does not. When they ask "purpose of visit" they type it in on that computer thingy at the POE so they do keep up with at least the basic answers. It's a gamble - 5:6 odds and pick 'em

Wouldn't want to be denied entry the ticket, from Brazil is about 2k in the holidays which is the time she has off....so I think if we get an employer letter, and obviously a return ticket and been that is holiday season HOPEFULLY they don't give her too much trouble at the POE, that's her main concern, been denied, now that we acknowledged that is perfectly fine to get married here as long as u go before the I94 expires. She doesn't have kids and lives at her aunts apartment so she doesn't pay rent? Will bank accounts make it easier too? Thanks for your advice n opinions

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

There is no fast process and no guarantees anything will work out even if you get a visa and or get married. Do the right thing, the legal thing, follow our heart be a man and man up, wait legally like the rest of us..

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Wouldn't want to be denied entry the ticket, from Brazil is about 2k in the holidays which is the time she has off....so I think if we get an employer letter, and obviously a return ticket and been that is holiday season HOPEFULLY they don't give her too much trouble at the POE, that's her main concern, been denied, now that we acknowledged that is perfectly fine to get married here as long as u go before the I94 expires. She doesn't have kids and lives at her aunts apartment so she doesn't pay rent? Will bank accounts make it easier too? Thanks for your advice n opinions

If your main concern is getting married, you are not trying to do anything illegal, but you don't want to wait and jump through all of the hoops to get married in Brazil, and you are worried about her being denied entry. Then why not just go to a third country and get married. Some place you know she will not be denied entry. It only takes 3 days to get a marriage license in the DR.

Edited by reese1

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I think people have answered this before for you - she risks being denied at POE even if truthful. There is no guarantee that they'll let her in. Why not make a holiday of it and go to a destination/vacation type country and get married. Many of them have marriage packages and things.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I married in the US whilst on the Visa Waiver Program. Then we applied for CR-1.

At POE I gave my purpose as "visiting fiance". This was true; that was my primary purpose and the wedding was secondary.

You'll just have to weigh up all your options and make a decision. It's sad that this process has to be so uncertain and take so much time and money. But, compared to the rest of your lives, it will be but a short time until you are married and living together :-)

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's interesting "visiting fiancee" they didn't question you about marriage? Or if u intended to get married? Anyway the bottom line is we do have our options and we will make a decision. Thank you

I married in the US whilst on the Visa Waiver Program. Then we applied for CR-1.

At POE I gave my purpose as "visiting fiance". This was true; that was my primary purpose and the wedding was secondary.

You'll just have to weigh up all your options and make a decision. It's sad that this process has to be so uncertain and take so much time and money. But, compared to the rest of your lives, it will be but a short time until you are married and living together :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.