kytwell

In 59 voting wards in Philly Romney registered 0 votes

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Sizeable decline in white votes maybe, here are some facts for you: Blacks 93%, Hispanics 71%, Asians 73%, Whites 59%. You keep trying to find failure anywhere else but where it truly lies, Romney himself.

Many Hispanic and Asians have said what you are trying to dismiss, they voted for Obama because the GOP with it's racial dog whistling and talking trash about China: Obama's strong showing of 93 percent among African Americans was all but guaranteed, but the true game changer came with winning 73 percent of the Asian-American vote and 71 percent of the Latino vote. Asians in particular, who tend to be a wealthier, more educated minority population, have remained an elusive swing-voter bloc for decades. Bill Clinton received only 31 percent of their vote in 1992, and Al Gore won 54 percent in 2000. Their decisive support of President Obama might have a lot to do with immigration policy and Republican rhetoric.

Despite the immigration debates being so heavily focused on Latinos, Asians actually outpace Hispanics in population growth, jumping from 11.9 million in the U.S. in 2000 to 17.3 million in 2010 -- a 46 percent increase -- and two-thirds of Asian Americans are foreign-born. They have settled in key swing states like Arizona, Virginia and Nevada (where they outnumber the much-touted Mormon population).

This is the demographic reality in which Republicans waged a culture war demonizing China, the largest of all Asian countries, and framing Obama's Kenyan heritage as inherently problematic. It seems that the GOP made a terrible error: assuming that only black Americans would hear their coded denigrations that the president needed to "learn how to be an American." Perhaps they assumed that Latinos and Asians wouldn't take offense at the Birther calls for Obama to "show his birth certificate" or the "pernicious narrative" that blacks and Latinos are "dependent on government."

Asian Americans can hail from Korea, Vietnam, China, the Philippines or South Asian nations like Pakistan, India and beyond. Latinos share an equally diverse heritage, from the Caribbean to Mexico and throughout Central and South America. But their journey to the United States is in no way different from that of European immigrants who flooded the halls of Ellis Island in the 19th and early 20th centuries.

And herein lies the tone deafness of GOP xenophobic dogma. In the same way that African-American voters were galvanized by restrictive voter-ID laws that reminded them of poll taxes, water hoses and men in white sheets, Asians and Latinos heard the dog whistles and responded in kind.

We don't know how to tell you any other way.

Well said. The complete lack of response from the posters who were asking for answers also speaks volumes.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Well said. The complete lack of response from the posters who were asking for answers also speaks volumes.

Yup. Like I said, this is the best answer they're going to get and they've ignored it.

Filed: Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1352826469' post='5819472]

The GOP is going to evolve into an openly white peoples party. Thats what the base wants.

I thought it was evolving into the rich white man's party. Anyone of color that joins the party is an oreo, or a latte. Any housewife that joins is just too superficial, and doesn't understand the plight of less attractive single women. You have to keep that story straight.

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Sizeable decline in white votes maybe, here are some facts for you: Blacks 93%, Hispanics 71%, Asians 73%, Whites 59%. You keep trying to find failure anywhere else but where it truly lies, Romney himself.

Many Hispanic and Asians have said what you are trying to dismiss, they voted for Obama because the GOP with it's racial dog whistling and talking trash about China: Obama's strong showing of 93 percent among African Americans was all but guaranteed, but the true game changer came with winning 73 percent of the Asian-American vote and 71 percent of the Latino vote. Asians in particular, who tend to be a wealthier, more educated minority population, have remained an elusive swing-voter bloc for decades. Bill Clinton received only 31 percent of their vote in 1992, and Al Gore won 54 percent in 2000. Their decisive support of President Obama might have a lot to do with immigration policy and Republican rhetoric.

Despite the immigration debates being so heavily focused on Latinos, Asians actually outpace Hispanics in population growth, jumping from 11.9 million in the U.S. in 2000 to 17.3 million in 2010 -- a 46 percent increase -- and two-thirds of Asian Americans are foreign-born. They have settled in key swing states like Arizona, Virginia and Nevada (where they outnumber the much-touted Mormon population).

This is the demographic reality in which Republicans waged a culture war demonizing China, the largest of all Asian countries, and framing Obama's Kenyan heritage as inherently problematic. It seems that the GOP made a terrible error: assuming that only black Americans would hear their coded denigrations that the president needed to "learn how to be an American." Perhaps they assumed that Latinos and Asians wouldn't take offense at the Birther calls for Obama to "show his birth certificate" or the "pernicious narrative" that blacks and Latinos are "dependent on government."

Asian Americans can hail from Korea, Vietnam, China, the Philippines or South Asian nations like Pakistan, India and beyond. Latinos share an equally diverse heritage, from the Caribbean to Mexico and throughout Central and South America. But their journey to the United States is in no way different from that of European immigrants who flooded the halls of Ellis Island in the 19th and early 20th centuries.

And herein lies the tone deafness of GOP xenophobic dogma. In the same way that African-American voters were galvanized by restrictive voter-ID laws that reminded them of poll taxes, water hoses and men in white sheets, Asians and Latinos heard the dog whistles and responded in kind.

We don't know how to tell you any other way.

They're all naturalized? I didn't think the foreign born could vote in Federal elections until naturalized...

People seem to forget that we've had two more AA run for President before Obama, and guess what? No one voted for Jesse or Al. I know it's hard for people to wrap around the concept, but maybe he was just the better candidate between the two.

I guess Alan Keys got De-blacked because he is conservative. Of course you mean Liberal blacks right.

You also forgot Shirley C, Carol Braun... I guess women don't count either..

How about Julian Bond although I am not quite sure he is considered black.(joking)

Seriously am I going to have to give you a black history lesson.

I guess Alan Keys got De-blacked because he is conservative. Of course you mean Liberal blacks right.

How about Julian Bond although I am not quite sure he is considered black.(joking)

You forgot this lunatic Alan West.

94%

No one vote for Jesse. You better do some research my friend. He finished third in the Primary with a huge chunk of the AA vote.

You forgot this lunatic Alan West.

He ran for President.. Do tell ?

Lol, my original post had her name in it, but I had to move from my computer to go to a meeting. I didn't even hear about Alan Keys, that goes to show you that being black doesn't mean you will get the vote.

No one vote for Jesse. You better do some research my friend. He finished third in the Primary with a huge chunk of the AA vote.

I had all the stats in my original post, but had to start over and didn't feel like typing it all over again. My point was it takes more that the AA vote to secure the presidency.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

No, he did not. But he ranks there with Alan Keyes. Both equally nuts.

I love you libs. Peace, Love, Tolerance and everybody that disagrees with me is nuts. Your so compassionate but at the same time so angry. You hardly ever post without a derogatory insult or name being hurled at someone that does not think like you. Odd.

I love you libs. Peace, Love, Tolerance and everybody that disagrees with me is nuts. Your so compassionate but at the same time so angry. You hardly ever post without a derogatory insult or name being hurled at someone that does not think like you. Odd.

Um do you even read the RWN's comments on here?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I love you libs. Peace, Love, Tolerance and everybody that disagrees with me is nuts.

No, not at all. There are many people that I disagree with politically that I have not once called nuts because I actually respect them. Take Sen. Coburn, for example. I don't like his poltics but I have respect for the man. He's a straight shooter. A no bullshite kind of guy. Take Chris Christie. Again, I don't care for his politics all that much but I like the guy and would not say that he's nuts. Looking around, there's Orrin Hatch, ####### Lugar, Haley Barbour, Mitch Daniels and so many others that I have deep respect for. That does not mean I support them politically - I sure don't. But these are men of substance and conviction that one can respect. No such thing can be said about Alan West and Alan Keyes - bombastic bullshitters both of them. Political lightweights lacking any substance whatsoever. Telling that you can't distinguish...

Um do you even read the RWN's comments on here?

I did not know there were any RWN's on this board ?

Hilarious. You must miss the countless times I'm called stupid or ignorant because I disagree with a Romney supporter. Or how I'm told to go play in the games forum because it's more my speed, simply because they don't happen to like what I'm saying.