riblet

New USCIS website

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey,

I don't really post here too much, just read and see what's is going on in general...But today, i decided to check my case status on-line as well as processing dates...Oh, Boy..USCIS changed their web site :o , and to be honest with you, i can't find anything useful there..it's complete circular logics without any helpful information..i spent over an hour trying to figure out how to get to the time line, and i failed.. :wacko:

may be it's just me, who is stupid and cannot understand anything, :crying: but it really makes me mad, what have they done?Seems to me that they just spent more taxpayer's money to make information even more difficult to get..I do not know.. :wacko:

What are your opinions?? :hehe:

At the risk of repeating myself, I have to say I could think of better things that the department could do with their funds. It is cumbersome, unpleasant (with the split screens) and not user friendly. Not an improvement in my mind. :)

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

I agree it's a bad website but I chalk it up to the fact that it's a government website and everything to do with the government always seems to be circular and you never get the answer to the questions you ask! If when you say timeline you mean processing times, just click on the link at the top of this website that says processing times and select the DO you're looking for.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
I agree it's a bad website but I chalk it up to the fact that it's a government website and everything to do with the government always seems to be circular and you never get the answer to the questions you ask! If when you say timeline you mean processing times, just click on the link at the top of this website that says processing times and select the DO you're looking for.

Thanx, I will try to do it right now...i do not know, may i just a bit overreacted..but who didn't with all the stress that goes on and on with immigration processes?.. :hehe:

.....And the White Sox have won the World Series

Our History::

06/03/2005-my trip to the US.

07/26/2005-I met my perfect guy in the pool:)

07/29/2005-he asked me to be his..girlfriend. First kiss....

08/04/2005-or first date in Chicago. He LOVES me-he said:)

09/06/2005-moved in together.

07/20/2006-"Sheril, will you marry me"

08/05/2006-I'm NewlyGreek!!!!Our Wedding on the steps of the Crown Point Court House!

08/11/2006-Mailed I-485, I-130, I-764, I-864 to NCS (0 day)

08/22/2006-NOA for I-485, I-130, I-764.(11th day)

08/26/2006-All forms are "touched"(15th day)

08/29/2006-receipt for biometrics appt.(18th day)

09/05/2006-Biometrics are taken(25th day)

Comments: I had the worst day in my life so far. Was treated worse than an animal, screamed at and and threatened. What is wrong with these ppl???

09/05/2006-touched.(25th day)

09/06/2006-touched. (26th day)

09/09/2006-touched. (29th day)

09/18/2006- Infopass! everything went smooth,my case is still pending, no touches, though (38th day)

10/30/06-touched(80 day)

11/14/06-initial interview in Chicago-wish us gooood luck!(95 day)..

.png

115645415985980.gif

The new USCIS WEbsite is f*cked up. No bookmarked URLs redirected and the new URLs are ungodly long.

I sent the Webmaster 2 e-mails to complain about it. Not an improvement over the previous version.

He is the e-mail address to complain: uscis.webmaster@dhs.gov

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have found that pages that were previously bookmarked no longer work now that you have updated the Website. Can't you make the old links redirect or somehow shorten the new URLs?

To find a field office the old URL was:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/index.htm

Now it's:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00048f3d6a1RCRD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to find link to "How Do I Bring My Fiancé(e) to the United States?"

I can find it through a search using the keyword "fiance", but I can't find a direct link.

This is the ungodly long URL that comes up clicking on the search link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1____

I would assume it should be under "Permanent Resident Green Card," but there is no link on that page that I can see links to How Do I Bring My Fiancé(e) to the United States?"

PLEASE bring back the FAQ section!!!

Typical government change for the sake of change to spend their IT budget.

Looks like it's a work in progress.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Q : How do these FAQs work together?

We will ask Eric.

This is our first response.

You could look at the wireframes for guidance.

Typical government change for the sake of change to spend their IT budget.

Looks like it's a work in progress.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Q : How do these FAQs work together?

We will ask Eric.

This is our first response.

You could look at the wireframes for guidance.

Yes, and what the "dickens" is that????????? Evidently, Eric is the guy that authorised the project :)

If not fully functional, why launch now? They could have had the other running, until all bugs were worked out of the new platfor!

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

:lol::lol: I could actually just cry. I agree DM, for those that don't know what they are looking for, the new website is going to be totally useless. What ever possessed them is beyond me.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, I've just had my first run at it--looking for the 'how do I remove conditions' page. It took me over 15 minutes and a lot of frustration.

There are several pages that appear to still be missing by virtue of no links to them.

PLEASE bring back the FAQ!

quickie edit--I was meaning to post this a few days ago...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404912

An e-mail from within CIS, I do NOT have the screen shot.

Dear friends,

For much of the last year, the USCIS website has been undergoing extensive review to streamline navigation into more customer-friendly categories and to improve the technology platform to allow for a more modern, interactive site. To that end, USCIS will launch the new website in late October 2006. I wanted you to know about this change before it happens so you will know how to find the major sections of our website in their new locations, and also so you can inform your constituency. Unfortunately, despite all best efforts, transitions are never totally wrinkle-free. There may even be imperfections or lapses. In giving you all a heads up on this I hope to at least help to mitigate any frustration you and/or your clients may experience during this period.

I have attached a screen shot of the new uscis.gov homepage and pasted yellow arrows next to the main sections to help you navigate. The layout is a significant change from our old homepage. The new website layout is a lot "shallower" than before, meaning most users will be able to find content with fewer clicks. For example, on the old website, to find forms, users had to click twice from the home page; now customers can get to all forms by clicking once on "Immigration Forms" in the top navigation bar. As one navigates the site, your "trail" is indicated by "breadcrumbs" near the top of the screen, showing your path.

Some of you asked if your present links and bookmarks would still work after we migrate over to the new site. I was told that the answer is "No." We ask for your patience while re-tracing your paths and further more appeal to you to reserve judgment until the website goes live and you have had time to go through it. As always, please do continue to think of me as your "communications pipeline." I will do my best to get you answers as well as reflect your comments.

There are other sections of the new site I can may be brief you on, and I hope to provide you with a more detailed navigation template in the next week or so. For now I just wanted to let you know that this change is coming and give you the basic framework you need to get through the initial transition.

(post courtesy of folinskyinla)

Edited by meauxna

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I am going to go out on a limb and sya that in the past week the USCIS site has indeed improved and is looking much nicer and usable than possible before for the new user. Still the URL's are complex an I do not like that but for the average user it looks like if they continue updating it based on feedback it may be pretty good long term.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for pointing out this find, Cap'n!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.