Vagina Journey

Helpful or Harmful for K1

28 posts in this topic

On Steves last visit 10-05 to the US he was on the VWP and denied entry to the US...In order for him to get back in the states again he has to file for a holiday visa...he has an appoitment set up for March 20, 2006 for this and with this i am also gathering all our info for the K1..so my question is would it be helpful or harmful to add the transcripts of his denial on 10-05 to the K1 packet? Any help would be appreciated :)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On Steves last visit 10-05 to the US he was on the VWP and denied entry to the US...In order for him to get back in the states again he has to file for a holiday visa...he has an appoitment set up for March 20, 2006 for this and with this i am also gathering all our info for the K1..so my question is would it be helpful or harmful to add the transcripts of his denial on 10-05 to the K1 packet? Any help would be appreciated :)

I am sure others will respond................my opinion, his denial won't come up until the interview stage. On one of the forms it asks if your fiance was ever denied entry, or denied a visa. Be honest and you should be fine(providing he was just denied entry for an overstay or something simple like that).

As for the b-2................if he does not have strong ties to his home country he MAY get denied(the same thing happend to my man). The b-2 should have no impact on the k-1.

I will let some of the others give their words of wisdom ;)

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

I am sure others will respond................my opinion, his denial won't come up until the interview stage. On one of the forms it asks if your fiance was ever denied entry, or denied a visa. Be honest and you should be fine(providing he was just denied entry for an overstay or something simple like that).

As for the b-2................if he does not have strong ties to his home country he MAY get denied(the same thing happend to my man). The b-2 should have no impact on the k-1.

I will let some of the others give their words of wisdom ;)

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Touch 08/22/06

Left NVC 08-25-06

Packet 4 11-20-06

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

We did not add the interview transcripts in but the overstay itself comes up at a later date, after NOA2 when you prepare the next forms. They know it anyway.... See my timeline, I had one day overstay in 2003... But it is not always as bad.

Good luck, Anja

08/10/2009 - sent off I-751 to CA service center

08/16/2009 - check cashed

08/28/2009 - received NOA1

09/11/2009 - biometrics in Portland

03/30/2010 - done for the next 10 years.............

just keep it handy you might require it at the interview stage as the I129F does not hv a question asking were you denied entry to the US

this shall be coming under DS156k which is at later stage

so i would not recommend now as it is not asked for..

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

just keep it handy you might require it at the interview stage as the I129F does not hv a question asking were you denied entry to the US

He was denied for not having enough funds and had just been over for 3 months and then tried coming over again 2 months later..

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Touch 08/22/06

Left NVC 08-25-06

Packet 4 11-20-06

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I did not bring it for the interview, I only had my old passport with the stamp in there - that was enough - and the officer was asking me questions out of the interview at the POE I was denied. They already have everything on hand at stage of the interview.

I'm clear today that the turn away at the POE delayed everything for us. No need to tell about that at this stage, like pri said it comes up later in the form DS-156K.

08/10/2009 - sent off I-751 to CA service center

08/16/2009 - check cashed

08/28/2009 - received NOA1

09/11/2009 - biometrics in Portland

03/30/2010 - done for the next 10 years.............

Timeline

He was denied for not having enough funds and had just been over for 3 months and then tried coming over again 2 months later..

As the others have said-just hang on to all the paperwork for the k-1 interview. Just so you are aware-they will see the record of his denial when he goes for the b-2. My fiance was denied a b-2, and I do belive the fact that he was denied entry played a part(even though the official denial was 'not having sufficient ties to Ireland"). I am not saying he won't get the b-2..............but just know that the k-1 is for people that want to live here(an immigrant visa) where as the b-2 is non-immigrant and from what I have heard, much harder to obtain.

He must show tons of proof that he will return home after his visit(a mortgage/lease, car payments, loan payments,)

I am only speaking from my experience with Dublin and my fiance-others may have completely different advice for you

good luck

Edited by irishgirl73

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

As long as he volutarily withdrew, not relevant. Nor would a B2 refusal.

How has situation changed to justify a B2 application.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Anja,

What overstay? QDilly didn't write anything about an overstay in her fiance's situation.....

Yodrak

We did not add the interview transcripts in but the overstay itself comes up at a later date, after NOA2 when you prepare the next forms. They know it anyway.... See my timeline, I had one day overstay in 2003... But it is not always as bad.

Good luck, Anja

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

If he has a K1 pending, he stands no chance of getting a B2. In order to obtain a B2 one has to have proof of significant ties to the home country, not an intention to immigrate. I think that option is going to be out.

Also, the denial on the VWP would have been due to his entry and exit patterns - like the fact that he stayed for three months and then exited to try and return within a relatively short period of time. Even if he DOES manage to get a B2 (which I consider improbable), that's no guarantee that the POE won't do exactly what they did with the VWP - turn him round and send him home. Particularly once a K1 is in processing.

Good luck.

:star:

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
If he has a K1 pending, he stands no chance of getting a B2. In order to obtain a B2 one has to have proof of significant ties to the home country, not an intention to immigrate. I think that option is going to be out.

Also, the denial on the VWP would have been due to his entry and exit patterns - like the fact that he stayed for three months and then exited to try and return within a relatively short period of time. Even if he DOES manage to get a B2 (which I consider improbable), that's no guarantee that the POE won't do exactly what they did with the VWP - turn him round and send him home. Particularly once a K1 is in processing.

Good luck.

Many people travel to the US with K1 applications pending, I did.

There is undoubtedly the situation with substantiating non immigrant intent, which is why I asked my question.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Good luck.

There is undoubtedly the situation with substantiating non immigrant intent, which is why I asked my question.

I was wondering why he was denied entry in the first place......was it b/c he was back and forth a lot, or did he overstay on the vwp????

As I said earlier-he will have to show SIGNIFICANT ties to his home country or he can forget the b-2, which honestly, with a k-1 in the works-probably won't happen anyway.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Good luck.

Travelling with a K1 in process is one thing, trying to get a tourist visa with a K1 pending is going to be bordering on the impossible. B2's are hard enough to get from VWP countries at the best of times, and with the K1 showing CLEAR immigrant intent I can't see a single good reason for a B2 to be granted - and I don't know what change in circumstances could get around that. Having been turned away on the VWP already and the K1 also in the pipeline I would think that another trip to the US would result in a lot of flying and no entry.

Of course, I could be wrong. If the OP has the money to burn trying it, then it's entirely their call.

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There is no K-1 pending.

I think the B app is going to be a waste of a hundred bucks, but you can't get one if you don't ask.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.