641 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

so guyz I received a email vary next day from my visit to local office. in this mail, they pretty much said they have many of these type of I-130 and that is why its taking so long. Only thing we can do is wait. they can not tell how long it will take. They reference all my inquiries in this mail: inquiry submitted by senator, inquiry i submitted on the phone on july 17, and inquiry submitted by officer on the day i visited local field office. :-(. One letter and all three of my hopes went down. I dont even know what to do any more. I guess i just have to wait. it has been 9 months now. I do have a lawyer but she sucks. I've contacted her when 7 months were up and she said we need to wait until 10 month is over until she contacts USCIS. I am gona make sure I write bad reviews about this lawyer every where I can once my wife is here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

so guyz I received a email vary next day from my visit to local office. in this mail, they pretty much said they have many of these type of I-130 and that is why its taking so long. Only thing we can do is wait. they can not tell how long it will take. They reference all my inquiries in this mail: inquiry submitted by senator, inquiry i submitted on the phone on july 17, and inquiry submitted by officer on the day i visited local field office. :-(. One letter and all three of my hopes went down. I dont even know what to do any more. I guess i just have to wait. it has been 9 months now. I do have a lawyer but she sucks. I've contacted her when 7 months were up and she said we need to wait until 10 month is over until she contacts USCIS. I am gona make sure I write bad reviews about this lawyer every where I can once my wife is here.

I am sorry to hear that. Your best bet is to keep calling your senators to check for you. Trust me, they can put pressure on USCIS to review your file. I wont mention anything about this email to my senators office though.

Good luck.

USCIS - (221 Days)

09/08/2012 - Married

09/29/2012 – I-130 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 – I-130 Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
11/27/2012 - Transfer to local office (Atlanta)

04/15/2013 – Contacted Congressman and both Senators for help with my case
05/10/2013 – APPROVED!! - NOA2 (Approved 221 days from NOA1)

NVC (129 Days from NOA2)

05/13/2013 - NVC Received

05/17/2013 - NVC logged file as Received

05/29/2013 - Case & IIN # Received

05/30/2013 - DS3032 sent

06/07/2013 – AOS Invoiced

06/10/2013 – DS 3032 Accepted

06/10/2013 – AOS Paid

06/11/2013 – IV Invoiced & Paid

06/12/2013 – AOS & IV Packages expressed mailed

06/13/2013 – AOS & IV Packages delivered to NVC

07/03/2013 - AOS checklists received (AOS checklist response already delivered to NVC on 6/21/2013)

07/03/2013 - IV Checklist received (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
07/05/2013 - IV checklist sent

07/08/2013 - IV checklist delivered to NVC

07/12/2013 - AOS Accepted

07/30/2013 - IV accepted

07/30/2013 - Case Complete

08/12/2013 - Interview date received

Embassy: Accra, Ghana

08/17/2013 - Medical Exam (Holy Trinity)

09/16/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!! (350 Days fron NOA1)

09/20/2013 - Visa in Hand & Paid USCIS Immigrant Visa Fee

09/22/2013 - POE (Atlanta)

09/23/2013 - Applied for SSN

09/27/2013 - Received SSN in mail (5 days after applying)

10/17/2013 - Received GREEN CARD in the mail (25 days from POE)

Timeline

I am sorry to hear that. Your best bet is to keep calling your senators to check for you. Trust me, they can put pressure on USCIS to review your file. I wont mention anything about this email to my senators office though.

Good luck.

I've also received a letter from sanetor along w attached email from uscis which pretty much said the same thing. Uscis did reply to him personally as well with same information. :-(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would make a infopass every week if I were you. I would aka them to get your file so you can see it because they do loose files

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Have you heard anything new from uscis?

Timeline

NO!!!!

Nothing yet. I've talk to my lawyer once again and told her she needs to take an action. She is going to local office tomorrow. Hoping some good news. :(

Timeline

This is what my lawyer emailed me today.

I was at the immigration office today and checked on Nahal’s file. I spoke with one of the officers that I know well and does interviews usually. She indicated to me that Nahal’s file was in fact in the Atlanta office waiting to be assigned to an officer for review. She indicated that since August and September mark the end of the fiscal year for Department of Homeland Security, their focus right now is on citizenship and oath ceremonies and that most likely the I-130 files will not get any attention until October, which marks the beginning of the new fiscal year for DHS.

Unfortunately, the officers are no longer allowed to pull files as a directive by the supervisors were given because they are trying to adjudicate and complete files in order of date. So Nahal’s file is still pending. I will do another appointment in November if we have not received an answer on her case.

Does this sound believable? I mean can they do that? just hold files?

I was at the immigration office today and checked on Nahal’s file. I spoke with one of the officers that I know well and does interviews usually. She indicated to me that Nahal’s file was in fact in the Atlanta office waiting to be assigned to an officer for review. She indicated that since August and September mark the end of the fiscal year for Department of Homeland Security, their focus right now is on citizenship and oath ceremonies and that most likely the I-130 files will not get any attention until October, which marks the beginning of the new fiscal year for DHS.

Unfortunately, the officers are no longer allowed to pull files as a directive by the supervisors were given because they are trying to adjudicate and complete files in order of date. So Nahal’s file is still pending. I will do another appointment in November if we have not received an answer on her case.

This is what they did from Aug 2012 - May (??) 2013. I think maybe one person from Atlanta was approved in that time. I really think a petition from people waiting in Atlanta is needed to the senator or congressman. It's ridiculous!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I was at the immigration office today and checked on Nahals file. I spoke with one of the officers that I know well and does interviews usually. She indicated to me that Nahals file was in fact in the Atlanta office waiting to be assigned to an officer for review. She indicated that since August and September mark the end of the fiscal year for Department of Homeland Security, their focus right now is on citizenship and oath ceremonies and that most likely the I-130 files will not get any attention until October, which marks the beginning of the new fiscal year for DHS.

Unfortunately, the officers are no longer allowed to pull files as a directive by the supervisors were given because they are trying to adjudicate and complete files in order of date. So Nahals file is still pending. I will do another appointment in November if we have not received an answer on her case.

It sounds like a big load of s**t if you ask me. Atlanta is so screwed up. Maybe try another info pass.

The problem is that they have not changed their I-130 processing rate, even after NBC started sending additional petitions to field offices. September 2012 shows a clear spike in petitions received in Atlanta, but I guess they don't have the resources to manage it all. They continue to process all other types of documents at a steady rate. USCIS made a decision to centralize filing, but was not prepared to handle the workload. To make matters worse, DCF was eliminated for most abroad petitioners, thereby creating even more of a backlog at the National Benefits Center.

07/29/2014 - NOA1

11/19/2014 - Transfer to TSC

12/19/2014 - NOA2

01/15/2014 - NVC Received (TSC held it for 3 weeks...)

02/19/2014 - Case no. and IIN assigned; requested embassy change

02/27/2014 - DS-261 available and submitted

02/28/2014 - AOS available and paid

03/19/2014 - AOS mailed

03/27/2014 - AOS entered into system

03/24/2014 - New case no. assigned

03/25/2014 - IV fee invoiced and paid

03/28/2014 - IV package sent via FedEx

04/26/2014 - case complete

06/01/2014 - passed interview

Timeline

This is what they did from Aug 2012 - May (??) 2013. I think maybe one person from Atlanta was approved in that time. I really think a petition from people waiting in Atlanta is needed to the senator or congressman. It's ridiculous!

I agree!!

I also think my lawyer is BSing. Do lawyer get to decide who do they want to meet when they visit local office for status check? When I went they did not ask me. I was giving a number, and which ever window calls my number i would go and talk to that officer. Therefore, I think my lawyer is making up things so that i dont keep bugging her. What do you guyz think? I mean her reply does not seem to be making sense.

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi,

I am fed up the Atlanta office. They don't know what they are doing. Here is a rundown of my nightmare. We got approved on may 24, 2013. I have been calling the NVC since June to find out if my case was sent there. The NVC keeps saying they don't have it. I called uscis they kept saying it can take up to 90 days. I contacted my local congressman's office, they inquired on my behalf and uscis told them my case was still here in Atlanta and their system is saying it was sent to NVC, but it was not. They said they needed to look into why this happened, and they would contact the congressman when they sent out my case. I also received a letter from the local office saying they had my case and would forward it to nvc, but they could not give me a date. I got a phone call from the congressman this morning and now uscis is saying our case along with many others were sent to the National Records Center by mistake and they are in the process of getting them back. I can't believe this. I did make an info pass appointment at the local office and they never called my number. I waited all day. I was beyond pissed. I also spoke to tier 2 supervisors and I filed a complaint with the uscis ombudsman. The ombudsman has yet to get back to me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi,

I am fed up the Atlanta office. They don't know what they are doing. Here is a rundown of my nightmare. We got approved on may 24, 2013. I have been calling the NVC since June to find out if my case was sent there. The NVC keeps saying they don't have it. I called uscis they kept saying it can take up to 90 days. I contacted my local congressman's office, they inquired on my behalf and uscis told them my case was still here in Atlanta and their system is saying it was sent to NVC, but it was not. They said they needed to look into why this happened, and they would contact the congressman when they sent out my case. I also received a letter from the local office saying they had my case and would forward it to nvc, but they could not give me a date. I got a phone call from the congressman this morning and now uscis is saying our case along with many others were sent to the National Records Center by mistake and they are in the process of getting them back. I can't believe this. I did make an info pass appointment at the local office and they never called my number. I waited all day. I was beyond pissed. I also spoke to tier 2 supervisors and I filed a complaint with the uscis ombudsman. The ombudsman has yet to get back to me.

My heart is bleeding with anger as I read these things. First of all, I am sorry about that. Most of us here had enough of Atlanta, but I guess I was lucky because my file made it to NVC within 2 business days with no problem. You are definitely doing the right thing.

One question I have for you is related to the infopass. Did they give you a ticket inside the office, and never called your number? I think you were waiting for them to call your appointment number that you printed off the infopass website. If this accurate, then that never happens. When you have an infopass appointment, you go to the office, and security will direct you to a big room on the first floor. Once you enter, you need to go and get a ticket at a window (located at your immediate left when you enter) before you wait for them to call that number at the other windows.

If my assumptions are inaccurate, then it’s advisable to go back, and talk to a supervisor. I am really sick and tired of these idiots in the Atlanta office. Also put more pressure on your congressman/senators to follow up for you.

Good luck!!

USCIS - (221 Days)

09/08/2012 - Married

09/29/2012 – I-130 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 – I-130 Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
11/27/2012 - Transfer to local office (Atlanta)

04/15/2013 – Contacted Congressman and both Senators for help with my case
05/10/2013 – APPROVED!! - NOA2 (Approved 221 days from NOA1)

NVC (129 Days from NOA2)

05/13/2013 - NVC Received

05/17/2013 - NVC logged file as Received

05/29/2013 - Case & IIN # Received

05/30/2013 - DS3032 sent

06/07/2013 – AOS Invoiced

06/10/2013 – DS 3032 Accepted

06/10/2013 – AOS Paid

06/11/2013 – IV Invoiced & Paid

06/12/2013 – AOS & IV Packages expressed mailed

06/13/2013 – AOS & IV Packages delivered to NVC

07/03/2013 - AOS checklists received (AOS checklist response already delivered to NVC on 6/21/2013)

07/03/2013 - IV Checklist received (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
07/05/2013 - IV checklist sent

07/08/2013 - IV checklist delivered to NVC

07/12/2013 - AOS Accepted

07/30/2013 - IV accepted

07/30/2013 - Case Complete

08/12/2013 - Interview date received

Embassy: Accra, Ghana

08/17/2013 - Medical Exam (Holy Trinity)

09/16/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!! (350 Days fron NOA1)

09/20/2013 - Visa in Hand & Paid USCIS Immigrant Visa Fee

09/22/2013 - POE (Atlanta)

09/23/2013 - Applied for SSN

09/27/2013 - Received SSN in mail (5 days after applying)

10/17/2013 - Received GREEN CARD in the mail (25 days from POE)

Timeline

Hi,

gosh that is insane. So sorry to hear this. You would think that putting something in the mail to the right address would be a simple task, but I guess their case not so much. Tha need some major restructuring on how the conduct business in Atlanta. And what the heck is the national records center?

Maybe we should protest the Atlanta office.

Protest and get a little media attention

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.