8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone. I just came here to the united states and I have recieved a permanent resident card. I want to know, now that I am here, is there any thing else I need to do as far a paper work etc... I called nvc and they said there is 4 more forms that I still need to fill out and I still have to pay over 1,000.00 for a permanent resident card. I am confused because I have the card. They also said I need to see another doctor here. Is any of this true. Thanks for all your help in this matter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** Moving from CR-1 spousal visa to ROC as this seems to be the next step for OP ***

If you have a greencard due to immigrating as the spouse of a citizen, your next step is to Remove Conditions in a little under 2 years: http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Can you provide a little more information, if you have a green card you should be done. Do you have any entry paperwork of stuff from them in writing?

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Hello everyone. I just came here to the united states and I have recieved a permanent resident card. I want to know, now that I am here, is there any thing else I need to do as far a paper work etc... I called nvc and they said there is 4 more forms that I still need to fill out and I still have to pay over 1,000.00 for a permanent resident card. I am confused because I have the card. They also said I need to see another doctor here. Is any of this true. Thanks for all your help in this matter.

What type of GC you have?marriage?Investor?dv lottory?special skill?

Elaborate your story and we could help you with some informations here

May God Bless Us All In This New World.We All Have Come From Afar And We Need The Lord's Guidance For Success.

NB:I am not an Immigration Attorney, All i say here is based on my personal experiences through K-1 visa process and CR1/IR1 visa process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

What type of GC you have?marriage?Investor?dv lottory?special skill?

Elaborate your story and we could help you with some informations here

Hello! I am here on a marriage gc. I married my wife a year and a half ago and went through all the paper process, did my interview and got approved for my visa. Now I am here and I received a perminant resident card in the mail along with my welcome letter. I just want to make sure there is nothing else that my wife and I have to do to complete the process. Plus I am ready to get out there, work and start my life here with my wife in the US. Thank you for all of your help.

How long were you married before had your interview? If you were married for less than 2 years then you probably got a Conditional Green Card which lasts 2 years, at which point you need to file to remove conditions. You need to do this within the 3 months before your green card expires, otherwise you will be out of status, when you file you should get a NOA (notice of action) in the mail extending your status for another year while your case is being processed. When you file you'll have to submit evidence that you entered the marriage in good faith and that you have built a life together, so pictures, bank statements, tax returns, credit card statements, affidavits from friends and families, etc. Whether they'll call you in for another interview is up to them, it depends on whether they think you have a legitimate marriage and whether you have the evidence to support that. As far as processing times, it depends on where you file and how backed up they are, it could be anywhere from 6 months to a year and a half or more. Good Luck!

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Did you got ur Social security card? If not , then you need to go SSA office and apply it . That's it , you don't need to do anything else after that. Please let us know that what is the expiration date on your GC? Based on that we will find out that whether you are IR or CR & we will guide you accordingly for future process.

IR-5 for Parents

02-28-14 -> I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.
03-03-14 -> USCIS received. (Priority Date)
03-09-14 -> NOA1 received.
06-04-14 -> NOA2 received. Approved.
06-18-14 -> NVC Received case.
07-03-14 -> NVC Assigned Case#(Got Case# & IIN Over the Phone).
07-22-14 -> DS-261 Completed.
07-25-14 -> AOS fee Payment.
07-29-14 -> AOS fee shows PAID.
07-30-14 -> AOS Package Sent.
07-31-14 -> AOS Package delivered.
09-15-14 -> IV fee Payment.

09-17-14 -> IV fee Shows PAID.

09-18-14 -> IV Package Sent.
09-20-14 -> IV Package Delivered.

10-20-14 -> Case Complete.

10-28-14 -> Case Complete Email Received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.