Breno

So this is my case

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ok, so me and my fiancee have known each other all throughout high school, I think we both knew we liked each other, but none of us had the guts to tell each other, When I left (18 yrs old) to Brazil, we both figured out that we actually loved each other, and a month later I proposed to her, but due to financial problems and my father having inoperable prostate cancer that is pretty far in (58%), I have not been able to return to see her the past 2 years, but we've been in contact for a long time, in the beginning not so much because to get internet where I live is very hard. We want to file the fiancee Visa, but we are scared of being denied for two reasons, one is the fact we've never met in the past 2 years and we don't have photos with each other because we were not bf/gf back in high school, and the second reason is that we're both very young, I'm 20 and she's 21, she's in college so she doesn't have a full time job to be able to be a sponsor, do you guys have any insight to give us? My dad is much better now and I have been working like a dog to be able to pay for all of this, I just want to be with her, I miss her. Unfortunately I don't have the money to take a trip and back and then apply for the visa because Minimum wage in Brazil is about 300 dollars a month. Any help would be appreciated. I am sure she can get some documents from school that prove that we even had classes together. Also another thing, I was undocumented for about 4 years there, but I was a minor, I left right on the 180th day of my 18 years old limit ( I turn 18 on august 28th and left on feb 28th) So I should not have any ban. How can we make this as smooth as possible?

Timeline

Primary requirement of K1 visa approval is HAVING met in PERSON WITHIN 2 YEARs of filing the petition.

So does that mean that there's nothing we can do, and we're never even going to marry? :(

Does the fact that we went to high school together help on nothing?

Edited by Breno

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

So does that mean that there's nothing we can do, and we're never even going to marry? :(

Does the fact that we went to high school together help on nothing?

It doesn't mean you can NEVER marry... it just means you have to save up and see each other again first. Going to high school together does not help meet the initial requirements.

Timeline

Medroni is right. You have to see each other, then file the petition. The petitioner should also meet the poverty guideline. i don't have the link of the poverty guideline but you can search it here in VJ.

She goes to a really Nice college, I don't think that she is below the poverty line, also, is it possible to get a co-signer?

Also, it may not be proof of us actually meeting, but I still have proof of the time that I left the country, It's still in the 2 year period (will expire in about 4 months) but I don't have like a picture of me and her together, does that help?

Timeline

She goes to a really Nice college, I don't think that she is below the poverty line, also, is it possible to get a co-signer?

Also, it may not be proof of us actually meeting, but I still have proof of the time that I left the country, It's still in the 2 year period (will expire in about 4 months) but I don't have like a picture of me and her together, does that help?

Ok, so I have Been doing some research and It seems that pictures are secondary evidence, I have been reading some people on here have done ok, just with passport and the air tickets, I am sure I can get them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Ok, so I have Been doing some research and It seems that pictures are secondary evidence, I have been reading some people on here have done ok, just with passport and the air tickets, I am sure I can get them.

You said you had not seen her in over two years. You will need proof you saw her in the last two years. Just leaving the same country during that time frame does not prove this. You can try and get by with it, but my guess is they will request you prove it at some point.

Edited by MedRoni

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can search if co-sponsor is allowed in your country, because in Philippines it's rare. Well, the consul or the interviewer usually asks pictures of you and your fiancee together, with Date Stamps. So i suggest you secure those things first. Save your emails, snail mails, chat logs, phone logs, even remittances if you have.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

you are trying to do something that has ZERO chance at success. stop and listen to the advise you are getting. you do not have good enough reasons to get past the meeting within 2 yrs requirement. Also it doesnt matter about nice college or how expensive it is that means more expenses. There is no immediate good news here. First try and meet again then proceed.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Timeline

you are trying to do something that has ZERO chance at success. stop and listen to the advise you are getting. you do not have good enough reasons to get past the meeting within 2 yrs requirement. Also it doesnt matter about nice college or how expensive it is that means more expenses. There is no immediate good news here. First try and meet again then proceed.

Okay, so maybe her coming here would be a better solution? this will probably take much longer, but I guess I'll have to wait.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

yea have her come and visit you. aside from meeting the requirements it would be nice seeing her right? and take some pics and stuff. she can afford it if she really wants to make this happen.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Timeline

yea have her come and visit you. aside from meeting the requirements it would be nice seeing her right? and take some pics and stuff. she can afford it if she really wants to make this happen.

I meant having the spousal visa instead of the fiancee, because if she's here, we might as well get married right? :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sorry, but you might actually have a ban. I count 184 days between august 28 and feb. 28. Hopefully a more senior member of the forum can comment on this, but it's definitely an extra thing to check out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.