Bad_Daddy

Mourdock: God at work when rape leads to pregnancy

11 posts in this topic

http://news.yahoo.com/mourdock-god-rape-leads-pregnancy-005625738--election.html

By TOM LoBIANCO | Associated Press – 15 mins ago

NEW ALBANY, Ind. (AP) — Indiana Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock said Tuesday when a woman is impregnated during a rape, "it's something God intended."

Mourdock, who's been locked in a tight race with Democratic challenger Rep. Joe Donnelly, was asked during the final minutes of a debate whether abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest.

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happened," Mourdock said.

The race between Mourdock and Donnelly has been one of the nation's most expensive — and most watched — Senate races since the Republican unseated veteran U.S. Sen. Richard Lugar in May's GOP primary. Mourdock's comments come two months after embattled Missouri GOP Senate candidate Rep. Todd Akin said during a television interview that women's bodies have ways of preventing pregnancy in cases of what he called "legitimate rape."

Since his comment, Akin has repeatedly apologized but has refused to leave his race despite calls to do so by leaders of his own party, from GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on down. It was not clear what affect, if any, Mourdock's comment might have during the final two weeks before the Nov. 6 election.

But it quickly placed the tea party-backed candidate on the defensive, one day after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell came to Indianapolis for a fundraiser and after the campaign released a spot from Romney asking Hoosiers to support Mourdock.

Indiana Republican Party spokesman Pete Seat referred comment to the Mourdock campaign. A spokesman for the National Republican Senatorial Committee and a spokeswoman for Romney did not immediately return a request for comment Tuesday night.

National Democrats quickly picked up on Mourdock's statement and used it as an opportunity to paint him as an extreme candidate, calling him a tea party "zealot."

Mourdock further explained after the debate he did not believe God intended the rape, but that God is the only one who can create life.

"Are you trying to suggest somehow that God preordained rape, no I don't think that," Mourdock said. "Anyone who would suggest that is just sick and twisted. No, that's not even close to what I said."

In response, Donnelly said after the debate in southern Indiana that he doesn't believe "my God, or any God, would intend that to happen."

Mourdock's ad featuring Romney started airing Monday and is the latest effort to break open the Senate race. Republicans need to gain three seats, or four if President Barack Obama wins re-election, and seats that were predicted to remain or turn Republican have grown uncertain.

Top Republicans have been flocking to Indiana. Arizona Sen. John McCain and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham campaigned for Mourdock last week, and New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte is due in the state Wednesday.

Romney's coattails carry special significance in deeply conservative Indiana, where Mourdock has underperformed Romney by 12 points in most public polls. Karl Rove's Crossroads GPS also has bought another $1 million of airtime in Indiana, making his group the biggest player in Indiana's Senate race. A message left for Crossroads GPS spokesman Nate Hodson was not immediately returned.

More recently, Mourdock, who ran unsuccessfully for Congress three times before becoming state treasurer, has been trying to woo moderate voters as Donnelly has played up his moderate, three-term voting record in the House.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Wow. Nutter :(

This should make for some good S-N-L skits.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

wow.gif

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sometimes this happens when you try to articulate (on the spot ) a topic which is ... well not easy to A) understand and B) to express.

there is a normal desire for most people to avoid labeling any child a "mistake" or a punishment,

Christian culture has always embraced an "optimism" that believes God can not only heal the broken and transform the wicked but he can also wipe the tears of tragity and usher in joy.

It takes a very gifted speaker to dance around the triangle

1. The women who are victims of Rape and the damage it does.

2. The value and worth of every child, no matter who or what his father might be.

3. People who for political gamesmanship use 1 & 2 for their purposes.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sometimes this happens when you try to articulate (on the spot ) a topic which is ... well not easy to A) understand and B) to express.

there is a normal desire for most people to avoid labeling any child a "mistake" or a punishment,

Christian culture has always embraced an "optimism" that believes God can not only heal the broken and transform the wicked but he can also wipe the tears of tragity and usher in joy.

2. The value and worth of every child, no matter who or what his father might be.

4. Confusing the value and worth of every child with the value and worth of every embryo!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's not that difficult to differentiate between letting a child feel they are precious and further violating the victim of rape.

There's a boy who was on my son's basketball team who is a child of rape. I'm sure it has been explained to him on some level, however, neither he nor his mother should ever need to be told that God intended for her to get pregnant from the rape. Even from a spiritual angle, the rape was not some kind of will of God, but rather that creation happens in spite of the circumstances, and all life is sacred.

But it quickly placed the tea party-backed candidate on the defensive, one day after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell came to Indianapolis for a fundraiser and after the campaign released a spot from Romney asking Hosers Hoosiers to support Mourdock.

Corrected the typo in the article.

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg