akihon

Is there some sort of US-Taiwan agreement regarding GCs?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

When you go to renew or reenter it will come to light.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they tell you that they are LPR and don't file taxes, this may well be true. Many people commit illegal activities. Some (many, I like to think) get caught, though.

my parents are not LPRs as I am not a citizen yet. I'm just saying that they probably don't know that they have to file US taxes and that the US taxes foreign income as well, if you are an LPR or citizen.

The hotel owner in Tanjay Philippines was able to get a green card but they told me that have go to the USA once every so many months to keep it valid.

They live in Tanjay Phillipines.

frequent coming and going from the US is suspect to immigration too, so I don't think they'll be able to keep it up very long.

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Country: Taiwan
Timeline

If you invest in US, yes they will give you visa and let you do AOS, but if you stay out of US with GC for too long, next time you return, they will take it away at the POE. Taiwan president used to have GC, but he give it up to become a president, his daugther were born in US, so they are US citizen and taiwanese citizen.

so I guess my original question is moot. It doesn't matter what country it is, if you have a GC you MUST live in the US or face status revocation.

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

there is an agreement but its on a need to know basis. sorry but you are not going to get further with this without proper clearance.

haha

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.