Yo-Adrien

Waiting on NOA2; Headed to Philippines; What Next?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

. . .Good Morning. . .I am headed to the Philippines 11/30 to be with LadyFriend while waiting for my NOA2 ( NOA1 is June 25 ). Question: How will I be notified of a NOA2? By:Text? eMail?? Regular mail??? I am bringing copies of paperwork from initial I-129F filing & copies / paperwork of Tax Returns, I-134, DS-156K, DS-156,DS-157, ETC. Any thoughts on what else wiould be helpful to bring with me. Reason for my posting this is that I would like to be prepared in the event that I get the NOA2 while there, we can complete the Visa process while I am there ( Only got a 1 way ticket an am able to stay ther for an extended time period ) & Fiancee can come to USA with me. I appreciated any feedback from people experienced with this & Thank You. . .

:time: so we know how far are you in the process. It takes an average of 90 days for CSC and more than 6 mons for VSC to get the NOA2

If you've signed up for email and text notification, you'll get it. Get a Letter of Employment from your current employer.

Good luck!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

My finace recieved only a text message, no email - also check the uscis case status onlice while being abroad

21/03/2012 - sent 129F to Dallas Lockbox
25/03/2012 - I129F recieved
26/03/2012 - NOA1
24/09/2012 - NOA2 text message
02/10/2012 - NVC left case sent to Bulgaria ;o)
15/10/2012 - Packet 3 recieved
27/10/2012 - Medical exam
29/10/2012 - Interview - APPROVED
25/11/2012 - POE Miami
01/02/2013 - married

AOS
02/01/2013 - AOS sent
02/12/2013 - NOA1 text and email
02/16/2013 - recieved biometrics appointment letter
02/26/2013 - biometrics appointment

08/29/2013 - received notice of potential interview waiver case

10/23/2013 - Interview approved ;o)

11/01/2013 - green card received

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

. . .Good Morning. . .I am headed to the Philippines 11/30 to be with LadyFriend while waiting for my NOA2 ( NOA1 is June 25 ). Question: How will I be notified of a NOA2? By:Text? eMail?? Regular mail??? I am bringing copies of paperwork from initial I-129F filing & copies / paperwork of Tax Returns, I-134, DS-156K, DS-156,DS-157, ETC. Any thoughts on what else wiould be helpful to bring with me. Reason for my posting this is that I would like to be prepared in the event that I get the NOA2 while there, we can complete the Visa process while I am there ( Only got a 1 way ticket an am able to stay ther for an extended time period ) & Fiancee can come to USA with me. I appreciated any feedback from people experienced with this & Thank You. . .

Bring an updated letter of intent and a new affadavit of support with most recent pay stubs and W-2.

Get a Letter of Employment from your current employer.

^^^ This... :thumbs:

Bring an updated letter of intent and a new affadavit of support with most recent pay stubs and W-2.

^^^ And this... :thumbs:

Timeline

. . .Have not filed a timeline & probably will not. . . I am from the Left Coast - Columbia, CA . . . I am close to 4 months since NOA1 ( 6/25 ) . . . Retired, so no pay stubs but do have copy of last years returns, copies of IRA's, bank statements, etc. . . I will appear with her for the interview, so a letter of intent can easily be done. . .Anything else for recommendation. . .And THANKS!!! for replys. . .

Hey just a heads up as others answered your questions well. One item as you travel to Philippines is you will be required to purchase a return airline ticket or onward airline ticket as the Philippine Government will not allow you entrance with a one way ticket. This is due to people coming there to disapear with no form of income then it becomes messy for the RP Government etc. So a few options is have your return ticket open ended or purchase an onward ticket on Cebu Pacific to Hong Kong so you have no hassles. I have seen people not be able to board in the USA without a return or onward ticket.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey just a heads up as others answered your questions well. One item as you travel to Philippines is you will be required to purchase a return airline ticket or onward airline ticket as the Philippine Government will not allow you entrance with a one way ticket. This is due to people coming there to disapear with no form of income then it becomes messy for the RP Government etc. So a few options is have your return ticket open ended or purchase an onward ticket on Cebu Pacific to Hong Kong so you have no hassles. I have seen people not be able to board in the USA without a return or onward ticket.

Yes this is happening now. Just started a few months ago!!! Spread the word to other FLI-AM's

God Bless

Mr. Pangga :)

5 OCT 2011 Meet on a Free Christian Website www.jaderune.com
19 OCT 2011 Agree to be exclusive GF & BF after seeing her CENOMAR
10 NOV 2011 He Purchased Round Trip Ticket to Meet Me and Family.
7 to 27 FEB 2012 We Meet and Spent 21 Wonderful Days in Bohol.
26 FEB 2012 Engagement.
12 MAR 2012 I-129F Mailed to Dallas, TX Lock Box.
19 MAR 2012 USCIS email NOA1 and sent to California Service Center.
22 MAR 2012 NOA1 Letter I-797C received from snail mail.
20 APR 2012 Another NOA1 Letter I-797C this time with Alien # Added.
15 AUG 2012 She travels to Cebu an Obtained: NSO, NBI, BC and CFO Seminar Certificate in hand.
28 AUG 2012 NOA#2 I-797, received text and confirmed on dashboard. 162 days from NOA#1.
28 AUG 2012 FEDEX my packet to Her. Added I-134, Newly dated Intent to Marry Letter.
4 SEP 2012 FEDEX received in Bohol.
5 SEP 2012 MNL#, IIN# and BID# all retrieved from NVC.
6 SEP 2012 BPI payment made.
26 SEP 2012 St Lukes Medical PASSED smile.png
9 NOV 2012 Embassy Interview Date: Result = APPROAVED
15 NOV 2012 2GO Visa Delivered

22 NOV 2012 Point of Entry, Detroit, Michigan USA

28 NOV 2012 Marriage License

7 DEC Applied SSN, 17 DEC recieved SS Card

29 DEC Married

Adjustment of Status filed in Mid MAR 2013

AOS has 3 each NOA1 recieved

Biometrics was done mid April 2013.

SS Card changed to Married Name with Madien Name now middle name.

EAD / AP combo-card approved 18 MAY 2013.

AOS Interview was 28 MAY 2013, Approved.

Green Card with EAD/AP recieved 15 June 2013.

Timeline

Yes, , ,I have a 90 day Visa & do have a ticket out of the Philippines that is cancelable. .Appreciate the great input. . .This will be 5th time there; my son was there when Pinatubo blew. . .

Yes this is happening now. Just started a few months ago!!! Spread the word to other FLI-AM's

God Bless

Mr. Pangga :)

Timeline

Not at all. . .My LadyFriend is also my Fiancee ( just got off phone with her ); also just renewed my 1 year Visa into Philippines 2day & saw my son in SFO - he was helping the Filipinos when Pinatubo blew 20 years ago. . .I head over on Tuesday for an indefinate time. . .I think???

Won't your fiancée be jealous?...:)

• 5 weeks later...

:time: so we know how far are you in the process. It takes an average of 90 days for CSC and more than 6 mons for VSC to get the NOA2

If you've signed up for email and text notification, you'll get it. Get a Letter of Employment from your current employer.

Good luck!

Is NOA2 good for at least 6 months? My fiance is coming again January and my timeline says our case will be adjudicated between Nov. 29 - Jan. 13

What if he is here in PH while the NOA2 arrives? Just want to make sure that the NOA2 won't expire until we can manage the medical and interview appointment.

THANKS. :)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Good luck!

Just to clarify some people have never received an email and text notification and did not know until they received it in the mail. OP you might want to have a trusted family member or friend check your mail and if they notice anything from the USCIS to have them open it and and see if it is the NOA2 or an RFE. I will say from personal experince everything we have signed up for we did receive an email and text. Good luck on your journey.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just to clarify some people have never received an email and text notification and did not know until they received it in the mail. OP you might want to have a trusted family member or friend check your mail and if they notice anything from the USCIS to have them open it and and see if it is the NOA2 or an RFE. I will say from personal experince everything we have signed up for we did receive an email and text. Good luck on your journey.

awwwww is it true some others .. dont receive text,email, hmmmm that would be exciting if noa2 just mailed it wow

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is NOA2 good for at least 6 months? My fiance is coming again January and my timeline says our case will be adjudicated between Nov. 29 - Jan. 13

What if he is here in PH while the NOA2 arrives? Just want to make sure that the NOA2 won't expire until we can manage the medical and interview appointment.

THANKS. :)

I think the NOA2 is good for 4 months, and the K-1 for 6 months (from time of medical)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.