one...two...tree

Tea Party Leader Thinks Women Suffrage Was a Mistake

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Surprise me. How many women agree with this? I assume you've done your research.

Actually the Cornell graduate Ann Coulter has made the same case.

Women desire security over liberty, so they gravitate in that direction in the voting booth.

Oddly enough women who are married are less likely to look to at big Gov to provide it.

So Big-Gov plays the roll of Hubby until one comes along.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Actually the Cornell graduate Ann Coulter has made the same case.

Women desire security over liberty, so they gravitate in that direction in the voting booth.

Oddly enough women who are married are less likely to look to at big Gov to provide it.

So Big-Gov plays the roll of Hubby until one comes along.

Oh really? We're going to use Ann Coulter as an example of rational thinking?

That proves, somehow, that a "surprising number" of women agree with the sentiment in the post?

Doubtful. Your sexist bullsh*t is so tiring. Men who feel the need to speak on behalf of women rarely say anything intelligent.

And for those unaware, here are some other opinions the Cornell graduate Ann Coulter has:

God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, "Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours."

My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building.

"If you wanted to teach people about the great things about America, a college campus is the last place you’d send them. Even fanatical Muslim terrorists don’t hate America like liberals do."

"Ethnic profiling is the only reasonable security measure that has been thwarted in the war on terrorism."

(talking to a disabled Vietnam vet) "People like you caused us to lose that war."

Yeah. We should listen to her more. :blink:

Edited by Evylin

omg

That was seriously one of the funniest posts I've read on VJ in a while.

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

(composing myself so I can go in search of security over liberty)

Edited by Honey Crumpet

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

omg

That was seriously one of the funniest posts I've read on VJ in a while.

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

(composing myself so I can go in search of security over liberty)

Seriously one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read here.

Women like big government making their choices until they find a man to marry them and make their choices. :rofl:

If my husband ever said anything like that (and truly meant it), I couldn't be on a plane back to Canada fast enough.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Women like big government making their choices until they find a man to marry them and make their choices. :rofl:

If my husband ever said anything like that (and truly meant it), I couldn't be on a plane back to Canada fast enough.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

He's actually half-right. There again though the comment is sexist because he's sterotyping as it applies to many men as well.

There's a 'security blanket' so to speak that a lot of people need to rely on. Be it a spouse or an idea that someone is out there looking out for them. The idea of being 'alone' is quite scary to many men and women. Some need temporary security, others needs something a little more permanent.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

He's actually half-right. There again though the comment is sexist because he's sterotyping as it applies to many men as well.

There's a 'security blanket' so to speak that a lot of people need to rely on. Be it a spouse or an idea that someone is out there looking out for them. The idea of being 'alone' is quite scary to many men and women. Some need temporary security, others needs something a little more permanent.

I think everyone likes and needs security.

To say, though, that women actually want security over LIBERTY is flat out ridiculous.

Just as ridiculous as stating that women like big government to make their decisions before they meet a husband to do the same thing.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think everyone likes and needs security.

To say, though, that women actually want security over LIBERTY is flat out ridiculous.

Just as ridiculous as stating that women like big government to make their decisions before they meet a husband to do the same thing.

As I said, it's not just women. Not all human beings like the idea of a free society. Liberty scares the hell out of a lot of people.

People like to be guided, like to feel included, like to feel as if they are a part of something bigger and aren't standing out all alone.

It's the reason we've seen dictators take power and keep power time and time again throughout history. It's not fear the initially brings them to power, it's a society looking for someone to take care of them, that 'security' to keep them from being alone in a cold/dark world.

Unless you're a loner/hermit/recluse, etc... then most need some form of security, even if it means they aren't 'free' or that freedome is an illusion.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

Lets pin you down here.

Are you saying women do not desire security at greater rates than men?

(time to back pedal)

William Penn

Lets pin you down here.

Are you saying women do not desire security at greater rates than men?

(time to back pedal)

You can try to pin me down here all you want, your comments were sexist and offensive.

Do you have anything to back up your ridiculous comments other than Ann Coulter?

I am not saying women don't desire security at all. It's the fact that you're implying two things:

A) Women desire security over liberty.

B) Women depend on government for said security until they find a husband and then he takes over.

Do you have anything to back up these ridiculous claims? Or is this just your personal belief so once again, you're stating it as if it's a fact?

You can accuse me of back pedalling all you'd like, by the way. Not gonna work. There's another thread where you blasted me and told me how wrong I was about Romney's economic plan... and I (and other posters) have asked you what that plan is. It's a thread you've chosen to now conveniently ignore.

So continue to spew your ignorance. You won't get a response out of me anymore. :thumbs:

Edited by Evylin

Timeline

You can try to pin me down here all you want, your comments were sexist and offensive.

Do you have anything to back up your ridiculous comments other than Ann Coulter?

I am not saying women don't desire security at all. It's the fact that you're implying two things:

A) Women desire security over liberty.

B) Women depend on government for said security until they find a husband and then he takes over.

Do you have anything to back up these ridiculous claims? Or is this just your personal belief so once again, you're stating it as if it's a fact?

You can accuse me of back pedalling all you'd like, by the way. Not gonna work. There's another thread where you blasted me and told me how wrong I was about Romney's economic plan... and I (and other posters) have asked you what that plan is. It's a thread you've chosen to now conveniently ignore.

So continue to spew your ignorance. You won't get a response out of me anymore. :thumbs:

Now thats cowardly... ask me to go to the trouble to produce research and then you avoid having to respond back by running off.

And why? Have I ever insulted you or done anything but challenge your sometimes wrong ideas?

If I failed to check back in to a post ... forgive me, I have a lot of area to cover here at VJ. :lol:

William Penn

Not cowardly at all. I have no interest in dealing with men who believe they understand women better than actual women do.

You may think you're simply voicing an opinion, but in reality, you're being sexist and generalizing an entire group of the population with your beliefs.

So no, I can't say I'm interested in continuing the conversation.

I'm a woman, and I know what matters to me, and nothing you can come up with will convince me that you know better.

Thanks.