Andrea&Sergio

Three out of four B-2 Visas for my stepsons DENIED

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok VJ, please help, help, HELP!!!!!!!!

I am a USC. We are waiting to get news of my husband's interview date for his CR-1 visa. Optimistic as ever, we applied for tourist visas for his four boys so that they could come spend some time with us maybe around Christmas, God willing and the creek don't rise. None of them have been to the States before.

One of the oldest, 17, was very proactive and went to get his passport and filled out the DS-160 on his own. He interviewed three weeks ago and was approved. My husband takes the three younger siblings today and obviously the process is subjective because our first 17 year old was approved and his TWIN was denied today, along with their younger brothers! What's the deal, Guadalajara Consulate, someone pee in your Cheerios today???

So my question is this: WHAT CAN WE DO TO INFLUENCE THE NEXT OUTCOME IN OUR FAVOR?

They asked for a few papers that my husband didn't have on hand (birth certs, the boys' mom's passport photo, etc) that we will obviously include in the next trip. I'm thinking we will include the divorce decree that shows the boy's mother has custody, and I don't know if a notarized letter from myself stating that the boys have no intent to live here right now and a copy of my own passport picture would help as well.

It's so frustrating to do things by the book, have no intentions of misusing the visas, and still be denied. It's more frustrating when one turns in an identical app and is approved and three others are denied. You can't imagine the heartache in our family right now, thinking of their dad being here soon (again, God willing) and them not being able to come spend time with him. It's not ok, and I am looking for any advice, any help from anyone who went through something similar, or anyone who can think of something we can use to prove their intent to return to Mexico after each visit that I may just be too upset to think of right now.

:help: :help: :help:

Jiaem6.png
CR-1 Visa Timeline:
07-09-12 - Express-Mailed I-130 Packet
08-31-12 - Received NOA2 Approval via SMS

USCIS COMPLETED IN 49 DAYS
09-10-12 - Case Received at NVC
09-14-12 - NVC Case Number Assigned
09-20-12 - DS-261 Submitted/I-864 Invoiced/Paid
09-28-12 - IV Bill Invoiced/Paid
10-02-12 - IV Bill Shows Paid/Completed DS-260 Online
10-11-12 - NVC Case Complete

NVC COMPLETED IN 31 DAYS
11-02-12 - Interview Appointment Letter e-mail Received
12-11-12 - Interview in CDJ - APPROVED!!!!

12-22-12 - POE Nuevo Laredo

144 DAYS FROM MAILING OF PETITION TO INTERVIEW DAY

12-10-2014 - Express-mailed ROC packet

Patience, n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.
-Ambrose Bierce

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can imagine trust me.

I applied for my parents (60 and 53 ), and the first time they were denied and treated so badly at the embassy even though I am here in the US, legal and clean. Also my parents got jobs and sister/brother to get back to. But they denied them and I made a big issue with the embassy sending to the consular general there as well as involving my senator. They applied again and got the visas for 5 years multi entry. I tried to get my sister who is in her final year (before her exams)in college, but they denied her even though she wont risk wasting college education before graduation by two month to be here. So, in short, nothing you can do rather than applying again making sure they have all documents they need and hope they get approved.

Good luck

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Ok VJ, please help, help, HELP!!!!!!!!

I am a USC. We are waiting to get news of my husband's interview date for his CR-1 visa. Optimistic as ever, we applied for tourist visas for his four boys so that they could come spend some time with us maybe around Christmas, God willing and the creek don't rise. None of them have been to the States before.

One of the oldest, 17, was very proactive and went to get his passport and filled out the DS-160 on his own. He interviewed three weeks ago and was approved. My husband takes the three younger siblings today and obviously the process is subjective because our first 17 year old was approved and his TWIN was denied today, along with their younger brothers! What's the deal, Guadalajara Consulate, someone pee in your Cheerios today???

So my question is this: WHAT CAN WE DO TO INFLUENCE THE NEXT OUTCOME IN OUR FAVOR?

They asked for a few papers that my husband didn't have on hand (birth certs, the boys' mom's passport photo, etc) that we will obviously include in the next trip. I'm thinking we will include the divorce decree that shows the boy's mother has custody, and I don't know if a notarized letter from myself stating that the boys have no intent to live here right now and a copy of my own passport picture would help as well.

It's so frustrating to do things by the book, have no intentions of misusing the visas, and still be denied. It's more frustrating when one turns in an identical app and is approved and three others are denied. You can't imagine the heartache in our family right now, thinking of their dad being here soon (again, God willing) and them not being able to come spend time with him. It's not ok, and I am looking for any advice, any help from anyone who went through something similar, or anyone who can think of something we can use to prove their intent to return to Mexico after each visit that I may just be too upset to think of right now.

:help: :help: :help:

With your husband having a pending CR-1, it may have looked like you were trying to get the kids into the states for a permanent home. What were the reasons the consulate gave for their denial.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiance was denied a Tourist Visa at the Guadalajara Consulate as well, almost a year ago.

He saw/heard of some very unlikely candidates get approved - and himself denied.

I think someone pees in their Cheerios EVERY morning. :hehe:

XO

Timeline

I can imagine trust me.

I applied for my parents (60 and 53 ), and the first time they were denied and treated so badly at the embassy even though I am here in the US, legal and clean. Also my parents got jobs and sister/brother to get back to. But they denied them and I made a big issue with the embassy sending to the consular general there as well as involving my senator. They applied again and got the visas for 5 years multi entry. I tried to get my sister who is in her final year (before her exams)in college, but they denied her even though she wont risk wasting college education before graduation by two month to be here. So, in short, nothing you can do rather than applying again making sure they have all documents they need and hope they get approved.

Good luck

Thank you for sharing your experience, it gives me hope to know others were denied and approved later. Did you send any correspondence directly to the consulate after the initial denial? Did your parents offer any additional evidence the second time around of their intent to return after their visit?

With your husband having a pending CR-1, it may have looked like you were trying to get the kids into the states for a permanent home. What were the reasons the consulate gave for their denial.

Yes, that occurred to us when the oldest twin applied. We held our breath until he came out of the consulate with the approval. Now, three weeks later, we felt a little more confident that the pending CR-1 wouldn't be a problem. Obviously, way TOO confident. I know that adults can go in there and show business ties, show that they have dependents there in their home country who require them to come back. What can we show for three teenaged boys? The only reasons that were given was that they don't have enough ties to keep them in Mexico and, get this, that their mother does not have a current B-2 visa. Bwar???

I think someone pees in their Cheerios EVERY morning. :hehe:

XO

rofl.gif

Thank you, I needed that!

Edited by Andrea&Sergio

Jiaem6.png
CR-1 Visa Timeline:

NVC COMPLETED IN 31 DAYS

-Ambrose Bierce

Thank you for sharing your experience, it gives me hope to know others were denied and approved later. Did you send any correspondence directly to the consulate after the initial denial? Did your parents offer any additional evidence the second time around of their intent to return after their visit?

Yes, that occurred to us when the oldest twin applied. We held our breath until he came out of the consulate with the approval. Now, three weeks later, we felt a little more confident that the pending CR-1 wouldn't be a problem. Obviously, way TOO confident. I know that adults can go in there and show business ties, show that they have dependents there in their home country who require them to come back. What can we show for three teenaged boys? The only reasons that were given was that they don't have enough ties to keep them in Mexico and, get this, that their mother does not have a current B-2 visa. Bwar???

rofl.gif

Thank you, I needed that!

The reason they want the boys Mother to have a B2 visa is that they want the boys to travel with the Mother, she is their proof of ties to Mexico. Without the Mother having a B2 visa and traveling with the kids it looks like the kids may be intending to live in the US, especially with their Father having a pending CR-1. It is going to be tough, if not impossible, for all of the kids to get visitor visas without the Mother. You may want to consult an immigration lawyer to get some more insight on this. Good luck.

Timeline

The reason they want the boys Mother to have a B2 visa is that they want the boys to travel with the Mother, she is their proof of ties to Mexico. Without the Mother having a B2 visa and traveling with the kids it looks like the kids may be intending to live in the US, especially with their Father having a pending CR-1. It is going to be tough, if not impossible, for all of the kids to get visitor visas without the Mother. You may want to consult an immigration lawyer to get some more insight on this. Good luck.

Well from that perspective it makes sense. She applied already for her tourist visa, just this last week. She and her parents were also plannig on soon taking the kids for vacation in the States. I guess we try again after she has her visa approval, maybe send her in to interview with the boys instead of their dad. Thank you so much for the input!

Jiaem6.png
CR-1 Visa Timeline:

NVC COMPLETED IN 31 DAYS

-Ambrose Bierce

Well from that perspective it makes sense. She applied already for her tourist visa, just this last week. She and her parents were also plannig on soon taking the kids for vacation in the States. I guess we try again after she has her visa approval, maybe send her in to interview with the boys instead of their dad. Thank you so much for the input!

You're welcome. That's good that she applied for her tourist visa and that you have an open line of communication with her, I was wondering about that as I was typing to you. She is probably the only means the boys will have of getting a tourist visa until they turn 18 and get jobs and homes of their own.

Filed: Other Timeline

Don't take this the wrong way, but you need to know that there are about 9 million illegal aliens from Mexico living in the United States. So if a Mexican national with ties to the U.S. just wants to "visit" the U.S. of A., the default assumption that they would want to live in the United States forever is very difficult to overcome.

In addition, every denied B2 visa application will make it harder to get approved.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

Don't take this the wrong way, but you need to know that there are about 9 million illegal aliens from Mexico living in the United States. So if a Mexican national with ties to the U.S. just wants to "visit" the U.S. of A., the default assumption that they would want to live in the United States forever is very difficult to overcome.

In addition, every denied B2 visa application will make it harder to get approved.

<----- Yes, I live in Texas so I am hyperaware of the situation with illegal immigration.

I do not assume the consulates are out there handing out rainbows and lollipops along with approved visas. I get that we have to overcome an assumption of ill-intent, more so now that the last three have been denied. My question is posted simply to help better understand the reasons for the denial (shout out to Teddy B!), and to help us compile the most comprehensive #$%*load of compelling evidence to prove intent to return by my stepsons. While the consulate must be cynical in their approach in order to prevent fraud, they do every now and again approve a visa despite red-flags, as evidenced by my oldest stepson's shiny new DHL delivery. I just want to get three more waybills, and need advice on HOW.

But thanks for the tough love. :thumbs:

Edited by Andrea&Sergio

Jiaem6.png
CR-1 Visa Timeline:

NVC COMPLETED IN 31 DAYS

-Ambrose Bierce

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.