18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi we are a k1 fiance visa applicant and i had my interview just this october. Unfortunately, the consul handed me a form (221g) after the interview. It is stated there that we need to present more proofs of evidence, domicile and a letter of employment. Me and my Fiance live in together for 1 1/2 year. During the interview i presented pictures and receipts coz thats all we have since we are always together. There are calls and text logs from my fiance, his mom and other relatives and friends that i can present though as additional proof. There are no more additional pictures that i can present as we both worked abroad and didnt had a trip outside the country.. A bank of statement, cars title and ownership, taxes, and paystub, house title and ownership and some utility bills can be use as a domicile. However, during the interview, we thought that he will stay in his job for a long period of time. But the company announced that they will lay off a lot of people from their company and my fiance is one of them. Although he is still getting money from the company, that will not be for long and he tried to get employment letter but the company refused since it is ended. Please help us on what else we can possibly do. We are thinking about using a cosponsor. 3 of his immediate family is willing to help us and be our sponsor. Question: do you think the proof of relationship (calls and text logs ive mentioned) domicile i stated above and submitting a 3 cosponsor INSTEAD of letter of employment would help alot for us to get approved? thank you

Timeline

Hi we are a k1 fiance visa applicant and i had my interview just this october. Unfortunately, the consul handed me a form (221g) after the interview. It is stated there that we need to present more proofs of evidence, domicile and a letter of employment. Me and my Fiance live in together for 1 1/2 year. During the interview i presented pictures and receipts coz thats all we have since we are always together. There are calls and text logs from my fiance, his mom and other relatives and friends that i can present though as additional proof. There are no more additional pictures that i can present as we both worked abroad and didnt had a trip outside the country.. A bank of statement, cars title and ownership, taxes, and paystub, house title and ownership and some utility bills can be use as a domicile. However, during the interview, we thought that he will stay in his job for a long period of time. But the company announced that they will lay off a lot of people from their company and my fiance is one of them. Although he is still getting money from the company, that will not be for long and he tried to get employment letter but the company refused since it is ended. Please help us on what else we can possibly do. We are thinking about using a cosponsor. 3 of his immediate family is willing to help us and be our sponsor. Question: do you think the proof of relationship (calls and text logs ive mentioned) domicile i stated above and submitting a 3 cosponsor INSTEAD of letter of employment would help alot for us to get approved? thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi Ms. Celeste. Im sorry but how am i suppose to move this to waiver and ap? Pls. Thanks

You don't have to move anything no0pb.gif I moved the post for you. This forum is for people going situations like yours, so you should be able to get better replies here. yes.gif

Timeline

from what I have read here in VJ, the US embassy here in the Philippines is not allowing a co-sponsor for k1. And i think one of the reasons that the consul gave you that 221g form is because your fiance does not have a work and maybe the consul thinks that you will be just a gov. liability coz your fiance can't support you. But did your fiance tried to contact his company and ask them if they can give him an employment letter? Maybe he could talk to them and tell them that he just need it for your interview.

Timeline

from what I have read here in VJ, the US embassy here in the Philippines is not allowing a co-sponsor for k1. And i think one of the reasons that the consul gave you that 221g form is because your fiance does not have a work and maybe the consul thinks that you will be just a gov. liability coz your fiance can't support you. But did your fiance tried to contact his company and ask them if they can give him an employment letter? Maybe he could talk to them and tell them that he just need it for your interview.

Yea we tried to get letter but they refused. For some reason his company seemed really strict. Our visa is here in kuwait, we tried to ask them if they accept cosponsor and they said yes. But well ofcourse for me, i was thinking if cosponsorship would help a lot. 3 of his family is willing to be our coaponsor and my fiances dad have a business. And im pretty sure we wont be a public charge. :( i really dont know what to do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You need a co sponsor, choose the most qualified of those that are willing and get those forms. If you don't have a place back in the states you need to show that you have plans to live there as that is the intent of the visa. Also that he has something to make money. Will is father offer a job on return ? Would he put that in writing ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

the USEM Manila has been know to deny K1 visa petitions with co-sponsors. However, each case or petition is approved/denied based on its own unique merits. That being said, the USEM Manila has also been known to approve K1 visa petitions that have co-sponsors. I truly believe that when a petition is denied by the USEM it is because of issues with the petitioner and not solely because of the need for a co-sponsor. But, since you are applying for your visa in Kuwait using a co-sponsor may not be a problem. Your fiance', the USC is going to need a letter of employment, this is a requirement. Also, his ITR should be enough for the domicile requirement.

Best of luck!

Timeline

You need a co sponsor, choose the most qualified of those that are willing and get those forms. If you don't have a place back in the states you need to show that you have plans to live there as that is the intent of the visa. Also that he has something to make money. Will is father offer a job on return ? Would he put that in writing ?

We have a place back in the u.s he have his own house and living all by his self. And his dad will be one of the cosponsor. We are still trying to consider using his dad as an employer at the same time. And my fiance will work for his dad. Also, my fiance is also planning to have his own business, which he is starting to buy things he need for the business like the new truck. Is it not possible to consider co sponsor until such time he can get a better job

Timeline

the USEM Manila has been know to deny K1 visa petitions with co-sponsors. However, each case or petition is approved/denied based on its own unique merits. That being said, the USEM Manila has also been known to approve K1 visa petitions that have co-sponsors. I truly believe that when a petition is denied by the USEM it is because of issues with the petitioner and not solely because of the need for a co-sponsor. But, since you are applying for your visa in Kuwait using a co-sponsor may not be a problem. Your fiance', the USC is going to need a letter of employment, this is a requirement. Also, his ITR should be enough for the domicile requirement.

Best of luck!

Well true that we need a letter of employment, but as i have said, his company announced laying off of people and my fiance is one of them. So basically we cannot have a letter of employment anymore. Although we tried to get one, but they refused. They asked my fiance to email some paper with his signature but then he was informed that they will not give him as his employment is ended. But currently, he is still getting paid from his employer now. So my concern is if we cant have a letter of employment, do you think a cosponsor will work as a substitute of letter of employment just to prove that we will never ever be a public charge in the u.s.. And thank you for trying to help :) are you with my same situation?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yea we tried to get letter but they refused. For some reason his company seemed really strict. Our visa is here in kuwait, we tried to ask them if they accept cosponsor and they said yes. But well ofcourse for me, i was thinking if cosponsorship would help a lot. 3 of his family is willing to be our coaponsor and my fiances dad have a business. And im pretty sure we wont be a public charge. :( i really dont know what to do.

Usually, a letter of employment states when the employee was hired, how much the employee is making and most importantly that the company has every expectation of continuing to employ the employee for the foreseeable future. If you fiance asked his employer to lie in the letter of employment that they would continue to employ him even after he was notified that he would be laid off then of course his request for letter of employment would be denied.

If they told you that you may use co-sponsors then use them.

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

Timeline

Usually, a letter of employment states when the employee was hired, how much the employee is making and most importantly that the company has every expectation of continuing to employ the employee for the foreseeable future. If you fiance asked his employer to lie in the letter of employment that they would continue to employ him even after he was notified that he would be laid off then of course his request for letter of employment would be denied.

If they told you that you may use co-sponsors then use them.

No my fiance didnt asked his employer to lie about his employment. He just asked for a letter and the company asked my fiance to mail paper which they will suppose to mail it back. That is the 2nd time he asked for a letter. His first attempt was when he is still here, he personally asked them also but like i said they seemed really strict. For some reason we cant understand. So thinking that his paystub would be enough proof, we just stick with the paystub.

Is it possible to use cosponsor as a replacement of employ,ent letter along with a personal letter stating his statis now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.