riss

Medical

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everybody, can I ask some advice on the topic of medicals again?

I don't have much at all in the way of immunisation records, especially having moved countries as a child. I think I need to have a blood test to determine what I've had done. The hospital where I was born no longer exists and I doubt I could find my childhood doctor.

So do I make an appointment with the same recommended immigration doctor, and ask them to do this test for me? And they just know what it's all about and what I need to be tested for? And then would they get back to me with the results and call me in to do the next stage, i.e. any additional shots that I need? Just wondering if that sounds like the right procedure.

Thanks for reading,

Riss. :)

Feb 24, 2012 - NOA1

Sep 5, 2012 - RFE

Oct 22, 2012 - RFE reply sent

Nov 5, 2012 - NOA2

Nov 27, 2012 - Packet 3 received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everybody, can I ask some advice on the topic of medicals again?

I don't have much at all in the way of immunisation records, especially having moved countries as a child. I think I need to have a blood test to determine what I've had done. The hospital where I was born no longer exists and I doubt I could find my childhood doctor.

So do I make an appointment with the same recommended immigration doctor, and ask them to do this test for me? And they just know what it's all about and what I need to be tested for? And then would they get back to me with the results and call me in to do the next stage, i.e. any additional shots that I need? Just wondering if that sounds like the right procedure.

Thanks for reading,

Riss. :)

Hi there,

I was in a similar situation as yours - didn't have my immunisation records at all.

I just went for the medical and had all the required vaccinations then and there....Can't remember how much it cost but it was better than just going back and forth to the doctor.

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I took the other route, I got a test for immunization prior to going to my medical, I just took the letter the visa medical sent me, and my doctor sent me to pathology, luckily for me, I went to one of the panel doctors for New Zealand, which was very helpful. I was told, that if I hadn't had a tetanus shot in the last 10 years, I'd get a booster anyway, so don't ask for the blood test if that was the case. so IF you choose to get a blood test prior, they will only need to test for MMR and Varicella (chickenpox).

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

Don't forget the immunization tests are almost always cheaper than getting the immunizations from the panel doctor

Just go to your GP and get tested for all of those things they're looking for: MMR, DTAP, etc etc, and take the printout of the results with you to your panel physician appointment

Hi Riss,

I had trouble telling my Dr what I needed, however it was still easier to get the lab tests done through her than have the panel physician do it. Had I known I would have taken a copy of the DS 3025 form. It shows exactly what the panel Dr is going to fill in and what he will be asking proof of from you. follow the link below, it will open up a copy of the form which you can take with you to your Dr.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=423

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Edited by Chippy's girl

AOS Timeline
Filed 15th June, 2012
NOA date 18th June
Bio appt 20th July
Transferred to CSC 21st July, 2012
EAD/AP approved 27th August.
Received Green Card 6th October. No Interview. Amazing!
Thanks for all the help, see you again in June 2014

ROC Timeline

Mailed Package 30th June 2014

I-797 received 5th July, 2014

Biometrics Appointment 07/30/2014.

Is it not cheaper to just go and get the immunisations that you need?

I'm wondering this at the moment. I had MMR in the last 5 years, and know I've had chicken pox, however I know I need tdap.

Since immunisations would be something that I assume fall under medicare - wouldn't they be quite heavily subsidised?

Thanks

See my timeline for my expedited I-130 application due to military pcs

n-400

Expedited naturalization (under s 319(b) INA) due to military pcs

n-400 sent: 2013-02-02

NOA1: 2013-02-15

Biometrics date rec: 2013-02-15

Biometrics date: 2013-03-07 (EB walk in 2013-02-20)

Second biometrics: 2013-03-19 (First set unclassifiable)

Inline for interview: 2013-03-21

Testing/interview date: 2013-03-27

Oath ceremony: 2013-03-27

Moving to Germany! 2013-04-13

I'm A United States Citizen

Timeline

The Sydney panel doctor told me that one of the immunisations came under medicare - might have been flu injection - but you could only claim around $5.

The NZ panel doctor I inadvertently saw to get my blood test to check for immunity said that chicken pox scars are ok as proof, but they would need to be on the trunk or legs, face are not accepted as they could easily be acne.

N400

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

ROC

AOS

Timeline

The Sydney panel doctor told me that one of the immunisations came under medicare - might have been flu injection - but you could only claim around $5.

The NZ panel doctor I inadvertently saw to get my blood test to check for immunity said that chicken pox scars are ok as proof, but they would need to be on the trunk or legs, face are not accepted as they could easily be acne.

For chicken pox, they have to trust your word. Not everyone gets scars. I think I have one on my belly.. or had one :S But s/he'll ask when approximately. I had the exact date in my baby book thanks to mum!

Timeline

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I guess I'll take that DS 3025 list that Chippy's girl gave me the link to (thank you!) to my GP and see if they can get me sorted out.

Is there any harm in just getting them to test me for everything? I think I have records of maybe 2 of the 8 or 9 things on that list. Can they do them all (i.e. the remaining six or seven) in the one blood test?

(F)

Riss

Feb 24, 2012 - NOA1

Sep 5, 2012 - RFE

Nov 5, 2012 - NOA2

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I guess I'll take that DS 3025 list that Chippy's girl gave me the link to (thank you!) to my GP and see if they can get me sorted out.

Is there any harm in just getting them to test me for everything? I think I have records of maybe 2 of the 8 or 9 things on that list. Can they do them all (i.e. the remaining six or seven) in the one blood test?

(F)

Riss

There is a table here http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/vaccination-panel-technical-instructions.html#tbl1 that informs you of the vaccination requirements. You won't need all of them, many are age appropriate. I only needed The TDap, MMR and told the Dr I had chicken pox in 2010, I had the flu shot, but on the day it wasn't necessary as it is no longer flu season. I got the shots from my GP before the medical, the MMR was free.

Hope this helps

Guys I've never had a print out of my record from a doctor of test results.

I went to the doctor about something unrelated and got a test slip for clinipath to check my immunity for MMR and varicella.

When that comes back as being immune (which I know it will) - what do I need to ask the doctor for? What will the physician need?

Thanks!

n-400

Timeline

Guys I've never had a print out of my record from a doctor of test results.

I went to the doctor about something unrelated and got a test slip for clinipath to check my immunity for MMR and varicella.

When that comes back as being immune (which I know it will) - what do I need to ask the doctor for? What will the physician need?

Thanks!

just a copy of the diagnostic results. the doctor can easily print it out for you.

N400

ROC

AOS

just a copy of the diagnostic results. the doctor can easily print it out for you.

Thank you! Will get the blood test tomorrow then :)

n-400

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

JEC, thanks for your reply too, I did find it helpful. :)

I have a question about timing now and I'm wondering if you guys can help. I've heard that the medical test results are valid for 12 months, and that if things are timed nicely, I may be able to use these test results at a later stage of the immigration process and avoid having to do another medical test when in the US. Can someone tell me when that is, that I would need this further medical test?

I'm thinking that if I do the medical now and my NOA2 comes within the coming month (we had an RFE and just sent in the new birth certificate, so hopefully that gets sorted out shortly), then it would be hopefully no more than 3 or 4 months before I can go to the US - but if we run into any more hitches later on, or perhaps the NOA2 doesn't come as soon as I'm hoping, it might end up being 5 or 6. Once I'm in the US, L and I will probably be married within a month or two. So when would I need to use the results of the medical test again? Basically just wondering if it'd be better for me to wait until I have that NOA2 notification before booking the medical.

Thanks for reading, everybody. :)

Riss

Feb 24, 2012 - NOA1

Sep 5, 2012 - RFE

Nov 5, 2012 - NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.