uscitizeninca

Green Card Expiry is Near

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

I filed the Removing of Conditions (Form I-751) for my wife & daughter. Their conditional CR1/CR2 Green cards are expiring on Oct 31st. According to the FedEx tracking number, the USCIS received my documents on September 17. I have not yet received the Receipt Notice. The check for the fees has not been cashed yet.

Please inform what should I do now?

In the event if Oct 31st comes around & Green cards expires, & if I still have not received the Reaeipt Notices, then what can happen? Do they have to leave the USA? Or try to get the stamp on passport by going to Info Pass appointment? What happens if no stamp on passports, card expires & we are still waiting on USCIS to send Receipt Notices & approvals?

Thanks & Best Regards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello,

I filed the Removing of Conditions (Form I-751) for my wife & daughter. Their conditional CR1/CR2 Green cards are expiring on Oct 31st. According to the FedEx tracking number, the USCIS received my documents on September 17. I have not yet received the Receipt Notice. The check for the fees has not been cashed yet.

In the event if Oct 31st comes around & Green cards expires, & if I still have not received the Reaeipt Notices, then what can happen? Do they have to leave the USA? Or try to get the stamp on passport by going to Info Pass appointment? What happens if no stamp on passports, card expires & we are still waiting on USCIS to send Receipt Notices & approvals?

Thanks & Best Regards

Phone the service center. The letter might have got lost. You should have got it long before now.

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello,

Thanks & Best Regards

i would give them a call and tell them your story, they will send you back the NOAs again if necesary at least you have a proof from fedex that it has been delivered. I hope that you have a persons signature too, that will work good.

salam, my friend this is my advise to you you saying the check has not been cached yet so i don't think they gonna stamp you passport

if i was you i will wait until one week before card expired if the check still not cached than i will send everything again before card expired

and use usps certified mail. do not trust fedex do not trust fedex for uscis document good luck 3id mobarak.

Timeline

Hi. Please inform what happens if I am waiting on response from Home Land Security (for the inquiry we made about why the check has not been cashed yet) & in the meantime the Green Cards expires? I am thinking of re sending everything but wanted to find if someone knows about the consequences. I have send in all the documents, forms & correct fees to USCIS 1.5 months before the date the Green Card expires. Green cards expires on Oct 31st. Please help. I have started to feel very nervous now.

Thanks & Best Regards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

You only have the FedEx tracking number, it's shown the USCIS received my documents on September 17, and the check is not cash yet, I don't think calling them will do any good because they don't have your file in the system yet. They check your information using the receipt number, not your name nor address. My suggestion is to open an infopass and ask them in person, show them your FedEx tracking and then ask them what is your next step.

Well, I've been there before. Do it ASAP!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for all the sugegstions. I wanted to post what I know now so that others may benefit as needed.

It turned out that USCIS did not accept my application. The reason being they figured out that there was a mistake made by the officer at port of entry when my wife & daughter entered into USA. They say that the officer should have granted them a normal Permanenet Resident instead of conditional. The reason being is that at the time of admitting into the USA, we were married just one day plus 2 years. Since the law is for 2 years marriage condition, hence, they should not have been conditional. So, they are now correcting that mistake & do not require us to file the removal of condition. We now have to file a regular Green Card replacement & there status has been updated as Permanenet Residents in their system.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.