Bad_Daddy

Do Black People Support Obama Because He's Black?

79 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Exactly. By all rights, Hillary should have been the Democratic candidate, she out classed Obama in every way. There is only one thing that gave Obama the nod over Hillary and that is the color of his skin.

The Hillary ticket carried with it the fresh stank from Bill's personal foibles, at least for enough Democrats who grew tired of political dynasties.

The Hillary ticket carried with it the fresh stank from Bill's personal foibles, at least for enough Democrats who grew tired of political dynasties.

I would say if anything, Bill's being unfaithful helped Hillary garner sympathy and made people want her to succeed even more. As for Democrats not liking political dynasties, can you say Kennedy?

If a well known white person had made the same comments as quoted in the OP as to voting for Romney because he's white it would make headline news and people would be calling for that person's head on a platter. Double standards.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

If a well known white person had made the same comments as quoted in the OP as to voting for Romney because he's white it would make headline news and people would be calling for that person's head on a platter. Double standards.

:thumbs:

Those white people really do have it rough.

So it would be ok for some white guy to lose his job for saying the same thing that black people get praised for?

So it would be ok for some white guy to lose his job for saying the same thing that black people get praised for?

Not at all.

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1350320058' post='5756991]

White Evangelicals routinely cite the evangelical status of a candidate in their decision to vote for him or her at all levels of electoral politics.

Why is it suddenly a problem if black people do the same?

Is evangelical a race?

Not at all.

Just checkin. :P

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

If a well known white person had made the same comments as quoted in the OP as to voting for Romney because he's white it would make headline news

http://politicoopinion.newsvine.com/_news/2012/10/14/14434686-are-white-people-voting-for-romney-because-hes-white

Are White People Voting for Romney Because He's White?

In an effort to be " Fair and Balanced " this question needs to be asked. Why some may ask? Because of this same question being asked on the vine regarding black people voting for President Obama. Do Black People support Obama Because He's Black?Someone in their infinite wisdom thought this is of valid concern. Black people are just like anyone else on this planet. Issues are just as important to them as they are to white people. How do I know this? I'm black (African American) and have been my whole life. Issues are important to me, just like they were important when I voted for "white" Presidents. I'm an independent and have voted across the aisle since casting my first vote in 1972 when I voted for George McGovern. In 1976 I casted an absentee ballot while stationed in Wildflecken West Germany for President Gerald Ford. I've voted for Reagan (twice), Bush 41, Kerry and McCain. I'm also military still on active duty status and President Obama is my 7th Commander in Chief starting with President Ford.

Why is it the question isn't asked if white people are voting for Romney because he's white? As I said earlier, in an attempt to be "fair and balanced" I'm asking it. There are some that want to imply African Americans support the President strictly because of racial reasons. That may be true for some however, I submit some European Americans are voting against the President strictly because he's Black. Question? Does the opinion of those African Americans who are supporting the President because of racial reasons represent the ideology of all African Americans? It is obvious to me some will say yes, and I would like to believe the majority will say no. For those who say yes then I submit the ideology of this gentleman and

represents that of all European Americans... No you say? Why? Why does the opinion of a minority of African Americans represent the opinion of the whole but the opinion of these guys doesn't do the same for European Americans?

Objective people will interject and say, no one has made that claim about the opinion of African Americans. I will say, no one has made that claim directly. In my view, the entire premise of the article asking if black people support the President because he's black implies that is the primary reason the President garners African American support, otherwise the question would have never been asked because true objectivity suggests it doesn't make any difference.

So, it goes back to my original question. Are White People supporting Romney because he's white? In 2008 candidate Obama recieved less votes from white males than McCain and the President is currently trailing among that same demographic. Why? Could it be because a lot of them feel like this? Again, some will say yes and some will say no. If white people and other demographics can choose their candidate based on political issues and not predominately racial concerns, this same quality exist among African Americans like myself because I have been exhibiting this quality my entire political life. I vote for the candidate which share some of my values, this is the same quality every voter expresses when they vote.

No one ever votes for a candidate who thinks entirely opposite than they do.... As an African American, I did not vote for Shirley Chisholm, Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpten, Alan Keyes or Barack Obama for President. However I do support the President at this juncture. Why? Because I believe in equal pay for equal work, I believe in everyone should have health care insurance coverage, not just those who can afford it, I believe in a woman maintaing the right to make decisions regarding her reproductive health and that decision should be between her and her physician and no one else. I believe in everyone getting a fair shot.

The military is not a perfect institution and we in the military have risked our lives for others on this planet to share these same rights. We also live by values and one of our primary values is treating each and every Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine and Coast Guardsman as equals because we know when bullets fly and IED's detonate, we are all in it together... and we got each others' 6 no matter what uniform we wear..........

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

Is evangelical a race?

It's identity. Being black in America is identity too.

Get over yourself. People are free to vote for any reason they want. White people vote for the silliest reasons - who do I want to have a beer with? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? :rofl:

A racist by the looks of that post.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1350320913' post='5757017]

It's identity. Being black in America is identity too.

Get over yourself. People are free to vote for any reason they want. White people vote for the silliest reasons - who do I want to have a beer with? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? :rofl:

You are the one who is trying to justify the reasoning, not me. I think it's all foolish. Anyone who votes for someone for any other reason than helping their community and their country, should just stay home.