arabianprincess

Denied I129F filed I130

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

No interview.. Did your husband(then-fiance) pay the MRV(visa) fee? Because if he didn't, then they'll extend the validity of the NOA2 but only until they consider it abandoned/expired and then it's send back.

Please read under "fourth" on page 3 here; http://photos.state.gov/libraries/jerusalem/328666/visa_forms/pkt_3_for_k_visa_applicants.pdf

I'd suggest making an info pass appointment and figure out why it was denied to eliminate any potential red flags on your journey.

Edited by moomin

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

No he didnt they just called and asked him to send in a copy of his passport, birth certificate, and some passport pictures. After that he never received a checklist or a packet or anything from them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

No he didnt they just called and asked him to send in a copy of his passport, birth certificate, and some passport pictures. After that he never received a checklist or a packet or anything from them.

It's up to the applicant to do medical exam and be on top of things when not having a lawyer, including sending in the one page called "request to schedule an interview(ds-2001)". I'm sorry for the wait it has caused you. Please don't assume that this is the reason however to me, it sounds like you missed a few steps in the process.

In the check list it says "You will receive no communication from our office until you request an appointment." and "After we hear from you, we will send you an appointment letter. "

Edited by moomin

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Do u have a number for them

DOS 202-663-1225

NVC 603-334-0700

USCIS 800-375-5283 ask for tier 2

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

It also sounds to me like you may not have filled out all the necessary steps once the petition got to the state department (NVC and or Embassy). By the way it is possible to be put in AP at any point of the process, though it is usually done after the interview. You need to call any of the three numbers Ebunoluwa has kindly listed for you on Monday and get a status update. But since you got married you will have to close this I-129F petition and you should speak to them and make sure you get clear instructions on doing that. Unfortunately you are going to have to start over now and file a spouse petition. This website has really great step by step guides on the IR-1/CR-1 process. Guide is Here.

Because your husband is from Palestine, for sure he will be put back in AP. It can take a really long time to clear past that stage sometimes so you just have to be patient and make sure you have followed all the application guides and instructions to the T, so that at least the petition won't be held up through any fault of your own. Best of luck!

Thanks everyone, on the paper work issue I did have a lawyer for that process who told me that he will fill out everything once they send a packet out which theu never did. Do all Palestinians get pug in AP?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Well we never received anything that actually said denied just an email that said the consulate is unable to issue a visa at this time but he was never actually interviewed. And he has never been to the US and he has a clean record.

I just figured that the email saying we are.unable to issue a visa at this time means it was denied.

Yes, it means the same thing. The reason was something appeared incorrect or fraudulent to the Consulate. One of you, probably knows what was wrong. If it's not you, ask your spouse.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Just wanted to update everyone that advised me through this situation that I called USCIS after waiting for two hours on hold I was told to call the Dept of State who said the I129F is still under review at USCIS and I need to call the consulate to find out why they sent an email saying they were unable to issue a visa at this time. I think I am going to email them instead of calling that will probly get me an answer quicker.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.