Tough_Era

Emergency

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi VJ members!

I want to reschedule my appointment that is scheduled on 25th Sep.2012 to another day.

The reason why this decision has been taken is cause of the I-134 Affidavit of Support..

My fiancee mailed it to me a week ago and i didn't receive it yet and today is friday, I didn't get it sigh.

I don't want to wait to get the mail tomorrow cause i don't think i will get the mail tomorrow saturday and sunday they don't work, it will be left only monday. Well, there's no guarantee i will receive the mail on monday and tuesday 25 i have the appointment..

I'd like to know how to reschedule this appointment for another day please?

by the way, my fiancee has just turned 46, it's her birthday today, no birthday gift will be enough to make up for the the gift she gave me - the gift of her love and I want to be her gift this year.. ;)

I hope everything will work out well.

thanks for reading.

Edited by zagray

Hi VJ members!

I want to reschedule my appointment that is scheduled on 25th Sep.2012 to another day.

The reason why this decision has been taken is cause of the I-134 Affidavit of Support..

My fiancee mailed it to me a week ago and i didn't receive it yet and today is friday, I didn't get it sigh.

I don't want to wait to get the mail tomorrow cause i don't think i will get the mail tomorrow saturday and sunday they don't work, it will be left only monday. Well, there's no guarantee i will receive the mail on monday and tuesday 25 i have the appointment..

by the way, my fiancee has just turned 46, it's her birthday today, no birthday gift will be enough to make up for the the gift she gave me - the gift of her love and I want to be her gift this year.. ;)

thanks for reading.

I would have your fiance email you a scanned copy...then you can print it out to have at the interview, rather than changing the day. The consulate might ask you to return with the original, but I don't believe that moving the interview is your best option. If you are approved based on all other things, they would just give you a form and ask you to return with the original.

Good luck with the interview.

Jackie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi VJ members!

thanks for reading.

I agree with the comment above: don't reschedule, go to the interview with wahtever you have and explain that the originals did not arrive in time, but on their way. Print out the scanned documents as suggested.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Go to the interview. Bring a scan as the PP mentioned. You may be ok, or the worst case is that you must return with the needed original documents.

And in the future use FedEx/UPS/DHL to get important items sent overseas. Saving a few $$ just doesn't make sense. Being cheap at this point just causes stress.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Agreed. From what I understand sending things overseas via USPS could take a month or more. I used Fedex to send my husband documents for the interview. It took roughly 10 days to get to him and while it was pricey (about $100 for a large envelope) it was well worth it for the peace of mind I got. Also, she should have probably sent that document weeks ago instead of waiting until the last minute. I agree with others who have said to have your fiancee scan the documents and you print them out. It's a way better option than postponing your interview.

Go to the interview. Bring a scan as the PP mentioned. You may be ok, or the worst case is that you must return with the needed original documents.

And in the future use FedEx/UPS/DHL to get important items sent overseas. Saving a few $$ just doesn't make sense. Being cheap at this point just causes stress.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Agree with everyone else here. Definitely don't miss your interview or you could be stuck a lot longer. I myself am going to send everything by FEDEX this week. Don't ruin your chances of getting approved that day.. Incha'allah you get it Monday. But if not, what everyone else said. Good Luck!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

Dang, I didn't realize your fiance was so much older than you!!

Everyone knows she's older than me.. i wonder why you realize that very late

Agree with everyone else here. Definitely don't miss your interview or you could be stuck a lot longer. I myself am going to send everything by FEDEX this week. Don't ruin your chances of getting approved that day.. Incha'allah you get it Monday. But if not, what everyone else said. Good Luck!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

I didn't get the mail this monday.. so my fiancee is gonna send it to me this evening..

i wanna know something... do i have to print it in color or just black?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Affidavit of support isn't a colored document so b&w is fine.

Good luck tomorrow! We'll all be waiting with baited breath to hear the results. :)

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

I didnt't reschedule.. i'm going tomorrow ;)

One last bit of advice for your interview: Whatever you do, don't refer to your fiancee as "my queen."

:star:

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.