Jim&Julie

I-134 supporting docs for self-employed fiance

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi vj'ers i just want to know what are the supporting docs needed for the affidavit of support my fiance is self-employed, he said he only have 1040 would that be ok for our I-134? please :help:

and also is it ok if it is scan and i will just print it? Thanks!

06/05/2012:I-129F sent via USPS Priority

06/07/2012:I-129F received at Texas Lockbox

06/11/2012:NOA1 Notification Email with receipt number (sent to CSC)

8/28/2012:NOA2!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi vj'ers i just want to know what are the supporting docs needed for the affidavit of support my fiance is self-employed, he said he only have 1040 would that be ok for our I-134? please :help:

and also is it ok if it is scan and i will just print it? Thanks!

A tax transcript would be better than the whole tax return. He can get a transcript for free.

Line 22 of the tax return is the income amount used for the affidavit of support.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

A tax transcript would be better than the whole tax return. He can get a transcript for free.

Line 22 of the tax return is the income amount used for the affidavit of support.

Hi Anh map! thanks so much for the quick response :) . I will tell my fiance about this. :dance:

GOD bless you!

06/05/2012:I-129F sent via USPS Priority

06/07/2012:I-129F received at Texas Lockbox

06/11/2012:NOA1 Notification Email with receipt number (sent to CSC)

8/28/2012:NOA2!

• 2 weeks later...

i was refused and got put on a section called public charge. even i had a cosponsor who made enough money.

can anyone guide me how to over come this section?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i was refused and got put on a section called public charge. even i had a cosponsor who made enough money.

Can you supply more information?

What exactly was given as the reason? What did your sponsor submit as proof of income? Is the sponsor self employed or a wage/salary earner?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

hello, may i have read these conversation and i have a question, you mentioned about the line 22 right... And, what i saw in his itr in line 22 was enclosed with open and close parentehesis.. ( $........) and what does it means?? thanks! 2nd thing is, does self employed need to send hid bank statement as well?

goofy.gif J nd J goofy.gif

What exactly was given as the reason? What did your sponsor submit as proof of income? Is the sponsor self employed or a wage/salary earner?

here is my story; I had an interview in Islamabad embassy Pakistan. And they put the public charge section and 221(g) over my case because my fiancé is unemployed and currently looking for a job. She just graduated from collage and we also had her mother as cosponsor (she makes 35000% per year) but the CO said we don’t allow cosponsor in k1 visa. And he returned me my co-sponsor i-134 forms and crossed it on front page. But so far I have seen people using cosponsor in k1 visa got approved with no problem in Islamabad embassy :(. Just one week before my interview a guy interviewed and they used the cosponsor but he didn’t got put on 212 (a) (4) public charge section.

Maybe it has to do with a fact that my cosponsors affidavit of support i-134 forms had some mistakes like she checked I do not intend etc. At item 11. And when I realized this mistake I have them filled out corrected forms where she stated that she takes 100% full responsibility of me. But CO officer didn’t ask for anything.

Please guide me what has to be done, I’m very dismayed.

Anh PLEASE REPLY AS I AM SO CONFUSED WHAT TO DO!! my fiance is looking for a job as she recently got graduated from collage and my cosponsor is salary earner.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.