jack999

I-751 still pending..

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Folks, my case is still in pending status (filed in March this year). I just wonder to avoid receiving a potential RFE, does it help to submit more evidence to USCIS (e.g. new banking statements, photos, utility bills, new health insurance plan, etc.)? Has anyone here done so before? Appreciate your comments!

Vermont is processing ROC at 8-10 months right now. Why don't you join a March filers thread and compare notes with them. Adding more evidence won't make it go faster, but do know that it is normal for right now. You are not alone.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for your comment. Actually there is nothing I want to compare of...I understand the process is quite long and painful.. I just wanted to know if anyone submitted any additional documentations after initial package sent out and whether such action is allowed by USCIS. I'm just trying to avoid receiving a RFE letter rather than speeding up my case.

Yeah, you've still got a few months to go, most likely. I wouldn't add anything after the fact -- there's always the possibility it confuse things. Best to just wait, and if you get an RFE, send stuff in then.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Wanna hear a joke? I've already took my oath ceremony and became an US citizen, but my I751 is still pending.

I'm not kidding.

Wow!I knew they were behind but that is ridiculous! We filed in November and we got it in September.

VT must really need to hire some staff.

Wanna hear a joke? I've already took my oath ceremony and became an US citizen, but my I751 is still pending.

I'm not kidding.

When did you file your I-751?! Yikes!

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

I'm not kidding.

What? Took them this long? So if it takes them over a year to decide, one can automatically slide into citizenship?

Wow!I knew they were behind but that is ridiculous! We filed in November and we got it in September.

VT must really need to hire some staff.

When did you file your I-751?! Yikes!

June of 2011 to CSC. Got RFE, responded to then it got relocated to LA office and that's the last time I heard from them. Got my congressman involved while filed for N-400.

One-Two-Punch and totally "skipped" the I751.

Still a big mystery to me.

What? Took them this long? So if it takes them over a year to decide, one can automatically slide into citizenship?

Check the N-400 qualification sheet. Usually if you are still married, 3 years since your PR Since date on your GC, minus 90 days is when you are qualified to file.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.