Mariya and Tim

Do I need legalized Birth Certificate?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

So I finally started translating all my documents for the interview.

On the letter from the embassy they stated that the docs have to be translated only, they do not need them legalized.

However, I was wondering if on a later stage a legalized translated copy of my Birth Certificate will be needed?

My problem is that if it is needed, I will have to get a new BC which will take forever, as mine is "too old to be legalized" =/

Help, please :(

98040280.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

You will not need a legalized translation of your birth certificate, unless someone other than USCIS requests it from you.

Remember to add this http://www.visajourn...nt/translations at the end of your translation.

When it comes to the Birth Certificate being legalized, you would have to check with the Embassy and see what they request from the Bulgarian consulate. If they take long, you may want to go get a new one, today.

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

So I finally started translating all my documents for the interview.

On the letter from the embassy they stated that the docs have to be translated only, they do not need them legalized.

However, I was wondering if on a later stage a legalized translated copy of my Birth Certificate will be needed?

My problem is that if it is needed, I will have to get a new BC which will take forever, as mine is "too old to be legalized" =/

Help, please :(

If it translated by sworn translator, it should be fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I got an international birth certificate from my civil registry office, everything is shown in English and French as well. Maybe that is available in your country as well?

06-13-2012 - I-129F sent

10-11-2012 - NOA2

01-09-2013 - Interview (approved)

01-18-2013 - Visa received by DHL

-------------------------------------------------

02-21-2013 - One-way-flight to San Diego

03-22-2013 - Wedding

04-16-2013 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent

07-26-2013 - Green Card approved

05-11-2015 - I-751 sent

08-12-2015 - ROC Approved

05-14-2016 - N-400 sent

05-17-2016 - NOA1

06-10-2016 - Biometrics

12-16-2015 - Interview

418 days (1 year, 1 month and 23 days) from Sending out I-129F to Green Card in Hand

K1 Process: 219 days from Sending out I-129F to K1 Visa in Hand

AOS Process: 111 days from Sending out I-485 to Green Card in Hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

L + T, I've never heard of something like that.. I have to check.

And as to the phrase to be added to the translations - isn't this for the petition only and not the interview?

98040280.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

L + T, I've never heard of something like that.. I have to check.

And as to the phrase to be added to the translations - isn't this for the petition only and not the interview?

Well, in theory, for the interview you won't need translations; unless your interview will be help at a different consulate other than the one in your home country.

You will need translations for AOS (after you get married).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.