SWEETEPIPHANY67

VISA DENIED CONTINUES

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, it has been a week since my fiance's visa was denied based on marijuana use and failure to prove that this is a bonefide relationship and not just for immigration purposes. We are still crushed but more determined than ever. I was in Jamaica for 5 days with him and we are even more in love.

At the interview, he was given a letter stating that he failed to prove that this is a bonefide relationship. But he wasnt given anything concerning marijuana use or a ban? Should he have been provided with something written, explaining all of the reasons for the denial and what the options are?

We are considering just going ahead and getting married in Jamaica. I know that if we do that, it will change our status and we will have to start over. How long does it normally take to get a visa approved for a spouse?

Thank you all for your help and your words of encouragement. GOD bless you all and miracles, love and blessings to you and yours.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Here's a comparison chart where you can read about processing times.

http://www.visajourn...content/compare

Disregard the K3 option, as it's an obsolete visa.

**Moved from K1 to Regional forum, as the situation may be best addressed by other members going through that consulate.

Edited by Celeste & C

Timeline

Here's a comparison chart where you can read about processing times.

http://www.visajourn...content/compare

Disregard the K3 option, as it's an obsolete visa.

**Moved from K1 to Regional forum, as the situation may be best addressed by other members going through that consulate.

Thank you. This information is very helpful. GOD bless you and yours.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, it has been a week since my fiance's visa was denied based on marijuana use and failure to prove that this is a bonefide relationship and not just for immigration purposes. We are still crushed but more determined than ever. I was in Jamaica for 5 days with him and we are even more in love.

At the interview, he was given a letter stating that he failed to prove that this is a bonefide relationship. But he wasnt given anything concerning marijuana use or a ban? Should he have been provided with something written, explaining all of the reasons for the denial and what the options are?

We are considering just going ahead and getting married in Jamaica. I know that if we do that, it will change our status and we will have to start over. How long does it normally take to get a visa approved for a spouse?

Thank you all for your help and your words of encouragement. GOD bless you all and miracles, love and blessings to you and yours.

Well, congrats for staying in love, still! :dance: That is awesome! Glad for both of you. Keep loving always. Yeah, it is better to marry and apply for spousal visa. It is a little more wait than K-1, but, at least your fiance gets GC few weeks after POE. What matters most is you two love each other forever and ever ! God bless you and your fiance.

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

In your last post, I presented everyone one of your red flags in a question forum. It's not just about getting married, it's also about correcting these red flags. The drug rehab, follow-up is a MUST. It was noted in his files so don't think it was ignored by the CO.

Your interview dated for the new petition must be a year after the orginial date of denial. So timinig in filing is very important.

The first question the CO focused on was you have been to Jamaica 8 times, never once did you bring your children to be formally introduce to their new expected step-father.

I forgot to add you still have work to do regarding the K1, you will have to official withdraw it if you are going to go the CR1 route. You must wait to hear back from USCIS before you can proceed in a new filing. Search on the words NOIR, or NOID.

Timeline

Well, congrats for staying in love, still! :dance: That is awesome! Glad for both of you. Keep loving always. Yeah, it is better to marry and apply for spousal visa. It is a little more wait than K-1, but, at least your fiance gets GC few weeks after POE. What matters most is you two love each other forever and ever ! God bless you and your fiance.

Our love has endured and we wont give up. Thank you so much for the encouragement. GOD bless you and yours. Miracles, love and blessings.

Timeline

In your last post, I presented everyone one of your red flags in a question forum. It's not just about getting married, it's also about correcting these red flags. The drug rehab, follow-up is a MUST. It was noted in his files so don't think it was ignored by the CO.

Your interview dated for the new petition must be a year after the orginial date of denial. So timinig in filing is very important.

The first question the CO focused on was you have been to Jamaica 8 times, never once did you bring your children to be formally introduce to their new expected step-father.

Thank you for your response. I already have my suspicions as to what caused the red flags. It has more to do with the Chapter 13 question. But that was a situation that had nothing to do with my fiance. It was long before he came into the picture. I never followed through with it and it was cancelled.I mentioned it to him before but didnt think it was improtant. But I could see how that must look to a CO. My fiance presented western union receipts (which I thought would show that I am capable of supporting him when he is here) but I had been in Chapter 13. That wouldnt look too good to me either. Still it wasnt what it seemed.

Now if it did have something to do with the fact that I hadnt taken my children, then that would say to me that there is a major flaw in the system. How can someone who has children and never taken them to visit (some right here on VJ)get approved and we get denied for the same? Makes no sense. Still if that was an issue then that would be something that should be explained by me. Keep in mind, this man has been in our lives for well over a year now. My kids interact with him in their own way. So the next time, we will share the yahoo conversations between him and the children. We will show the daily texts and phone logs for them.

As far as drug rehab. I dont see where that is requested nor required. However, we will do the random drug testing as I feel that is a great idea. By the time the USCIS has received the packet back from the Embassy, the approval will have expired and they will not reopen an expired case. And we are not planning to marry until January. We will then file at the end of January. My parents and stepparents will be in attendance along with a couple of my siblings, my children and my cousin and a close friend. If we had known the things we know now, we would have gotten married last year. This is a learning process. Unfortunately, sometimes life teaches us lessons that we have to pay for before we learn.

Again...thank you so much for you help. GOD bless you. Miracles, love and blessings.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you for your response. I already have my suspicions as to what caused the red flags. It has more to do with the Chapter 13 question. But that was a situation that had nothing to do with my fiance. It was long before he came into the picture. I never followed through with it and it was cancelled.I mentioned it to him before but didnt think it was improtant. But I could see how that must look to a CO. My fiance presented western union receipts (which I thought would show that I am capable of supporting him when he is here) but I had been in Chapter 13. That wouldnt look too good to me either. Still it wasnt what it seemed.

Now if it did have something to do with the fact that I hadnt taken my children, then that would say to me that there is a major flaw in the system. How can someone who has children and never taken them to visit (some right here on VJ)get approved and we get denied for the same? Makes no sense. Still if that was an issue then that would be something that should be explained by me. Keep in mind, this man has been in our lives for well over a year now. My kids interact with him in their own way. So the next time, we will share the yahoo conversations between him and the children. We will show the daily texts and phone logs for them.

As far as drug rehab. I dont see where that is requested nor required. However, we will do the random drug testing as I feel that is a great idea. By the time the USCIS has received the packet back from the Embassy, the approval will have expired and they will not reopen an expired case. And we are not planning to marry until January. We will then file at the end of January. My parents and stepparents will be in attendance along with a couple of my siblings, my children and my cousin and a close friend. If we had known the things we know now, we would have gotten married last year. This is a learning process. Unfortunately, sometimes life teaches us lessons that we have to pay for before we learn.

Again...thank you so much for you help. GOD bless you. Miracles, love and blessings.

Im wishing you gods richest blessings. with whatever you choose to do in life. a denial really hurts especially after investing so much time and money but it will be worth it in the end :thumbs:

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

you and ur fiance will be just fine, reason i say this is because u guys are in love and not giving up! in the end, it will work out just fine! :)

and if u dont mind me asking, what was the question on chapter 13?

Timeline

you and ur fiance will be just fine, reason i say this is because u guys are in love and not giving up! in the end, it will work out just fine! :)

and if u dont mind me asking, what was the question on chapter 13?

He was asked if he was aware that I had filed Chapter 13. Im assuming that was because he had presented Western Union receipts. And they were probably thinking that it the Chapter 13 is because of my helping him. But that isnt the case at all.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our love has endured and we wont give up. Thank you so much for the encouragement. GOD bless you and yours. Miracles, love and blessings.

Ohh thank you! :)

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.