~kiyah~

Returning Petitions to the United States via 221g

830 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Jen..

the reason why the priority is favorable to k-1s are because, the goverment has heads up on whom you are bringing over to marry. when you marry withou their knowledge they get pissed off about. they dont have warning so they pentalize us. bottomline the goverment can not play cupid.

shon.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jenn I think you answered your own question.

Respect. The CO's dont respect our men.

Being there in Moroc possibly shows the CO that you have a valid relationship if you are there during the interview. You are not allowed into the consulate when he has the interview. You would be waiting at a caffe. But your DH would make a point of teling the CO your wife is here if he/she needs to speak with her.

I will need to use some excuse to get off work too. When we fianlly get the date for the interview I will not have the time to make a request for time off. I also dont have any vacation time built up since I was on sick leave for 6 weeks last fall.

The only thing I or you can do is claim time off for the family leave act. Do you know about that? You can take time off work to attend to family illnesses. Your brother in law may qualify for that. You will have to have a medical statement from his doctor. Check into that option.

For me I have a statement on file already because I have asthma. It means I can be off work for that and not lose my job. As long as I don't say where I am going I should be ok to be in Morocco for a few days or weeks. I just have my doctor take me off work. He wants me to go on disability ( last year) because it is so bad. I get so very sick from perfume and fragrances. I was quite ill in Morocc from the disel fumes last year. If I was to live there I woud have to live in the mountains, which I would love to do anyway.

I just want you to understand it is only my opinion that the wife be there for the interview. I know of nothing else that may help. It does not mean it will help, but it sure can't help. I would rather be there than wait another year to go by and try again.

Being there in Moroc possibly shows the CO that you have a valid relationship if you are there during the interview. You are not allowed into the consulate when he has the interview. You would be waiting at a caffe. But your DH would make a point of teling the CO your wife is here if he/she needs to speak with her.

I will need to use some excuse to get off work too. When we fianlly get the date for the interview I will not have the time to make a request for time off. I also dont have any vacation time built up since I was on sick leave for 6 weeks last fall.

The only thing I or you can do is claim time off for the family leave act. Do you know about that? You can take time off work to attend to family illnesses. Your brother in law may qualify for that. You will have to have a medical statement from his doctor. Check into that option.

For me I have a statement on file already because I have asthma. It means I can be off work for that and not lose my job. As long as I don't say where I am going I should be ok to be in Morocco for a few days or weeks. I just have my doctor take me off work. He wants me to go on disability ( last year) because it is so bad. I get so very sick from perfume and fragrances. I was quite ill in Morocc from the disel fumes last year. If I was to live there I woud have to live in the mountains, which I would love to do anyway.

I just want you to understand it is only my opinion that the wife be there for the interview. I know of nothing else that may help. It does not mean it will help, but it sure can't hurt. I would rather be there than wait another year to go by and try again.

Oopsy again...I mean it can't hurt to be in Moroc for the interview but it sure may help.

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline
Jen..

the reason why the priority is favorable to k-1s are because, the goverment has heads up on whom you are bringing over to marry. when you marry withou their knowledge they get pissed off about. they dont have warning so they pentalize us. bottomline the goverment can not play cupid.

Where are you geting your info at? The k3 has the same info on it as the k1.

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Thanks for the thought Sharon, but I'm specializing in business law. What's your medical specialty going to be?

I'll be doing family medicine, it's kind of like general practice; you see adults, children, and do low-risk obstetrics. I LOVE babies :luv:

When do you anticipate getting your law degree? I imagine it's hard when you're trying to work at the same time.

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just want you to understand it is only my opinion that the wife be there for the interview. I know of nothing else that may help. It does not mean it will help, but it sure can't help. I would rather be there than wait another year to go by and try again.

I just want you to understand it is only my opinion that the wife be there for the interview. I know of nothing else that may help. It does not mean it will help, but it sure can't hurt. I would rather be there than wait another year to go by and try again.

Oopsy again...I mean it can't hurt to be in Moroc for the interview but it sure may help.

I wouldnt be allowed in the consular? Why not? Its just waiting! My brother in law has some type of brain cancer or tumor the really arent sure yet. But he has been this way for months now he cant even work he is getting some type of disability pay cause of it I guess. My mother used the family medical leave act like this for her husband in Morocco before. But she never had to have a letter or anything from a doctor. I believe right now I can probably get like 5 days off. And I definately want to be there, but if they dont know im there how can it help? I dont know much about the family medical leave act I was just told by a few people I should try it.

Im thinking besides im diying to see my husband again. That going is the only way to make sure he is approved! Its been since August 2004 I saw him last might not look to great to them. But if any thing or a denial would happen we could try and overturn it right there. While im there to prove them wrong!

Could you tell me more about Family Medical leave act since you have used it before please?! Thanks

Jen..

Chi,

K-1 and k-3 are diffrent. same 129f petition but diffrent requirements

K-1 is for fiancee.

k-3 is for married persons.

you have to apply for k-1 if your intention is to be in the USA to marry.

K-3 you basicly dont have to apply for this- this is ONLY to allow the spouse in the

USA and wait for the green card. again its an option not a requirement.

if you married already in the USA or out of the USA.

k-1 is usless. however if the goverment dont reconize your marriage.

k-1 is the option for you.

if in the USA file to AOS

if out of usa file CR1 and k-3 if you want to.

shon.gif

Thanks for the thought Sharon, but I'm specializing in business law. What's your medical specialty going to be?

I'll be doing family medicine, it's kind of like general practice; you see adults, children, and do low-risk obstetrics. I LOVE babies :luv:

When do you anticipate getting your law degree? I imagine it's hard when you're trying to work at the same time.

Sharon

That's cool Sharon. I don't like babies and kids so I wouldn't enjoy that at all. It's good thought that somebody does - they need medical care too. Too bad you aren't in my area. Every time I go to the Urgent One they tell me to find a general practitioner. I just haven't been able to find one I like, so I use my gynecologist for one. He gets a little miffed at me some times, but otherwise he's ok with it.

I still have 3 more years to finish my undergrads. I only need about 39 more hours, but at 1 class in the summer and 2 each in spring and fall, it takes forever. I'm also allowing one semester each just for the senior thesis in economics and the capstone course for political science. After I graduate I have to work one year more for my employer because they're paying for my education and that's the deal they require, then I can quit and move to go to law school since there isn't one here. That's ok because I can use that year to prepare for and pass the LSATs.

I have been very fortunate that the university I go to offers tons of law classes in the political science major, so that's mostly what I've taken to fulfill my undergraduate in that. I also work in contracts at work, and my mentor and advisor there is a corporate attorney, so he has taught me a whole lot too.

Shon, how much more do you have to go? I think family law is probably a pretty good guarantee of a paycheck with all the divorce out there and people fighting over child support, but I don't think I could handle that. I'm much better with numbers than with people. Most of the negotiation I do is by e-mail or over the phone, so I have very little actual face-to-face interaction, which is fine with me. Do you enjoy the litigation stuff? I'd be so nervous fighting a case in front of a judge. I know I'll have to do some of that, but at least I'm pretty confident in the stuff I do, so I wouldn't be so afraid.

Timeline

Jen..

Chi,

K-1 is for fiancee.

K-3 you basicly dont have to apply for this- this is ONLY to allow the spouse in the

I know the difference between the two petitions. The requirements are basically the same whether it is a k1 or k3.

What I meant was your statement >>>

"the reason why the priority is favorable to k-1s are because, the goverment has heads up on whom you are bringing over to marry. when you marry withou their knowledge they get pissed off about. they dont have warning so they pentalize us. bottomline the goverment can not play cupid".

Where di you get this information?

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

I wouldnt be allowed in the consular? Why not? Its just waiting! My brother in law has some type of brain cancer or tumor the really arent sure yet. But he has been this way for months now he cant even work he is getting some type of disability pay cause of it I guess. My mother used the family medical leave act like this for her husband in Morocco before. But she never had to have a letter or anything from a doctor. I believe right now I can probably get like 5 days off. And I definately want to be there, but if they dont know im there how can it help? I dont know much about the family medical leave act I was just told by a few people I should try it.

Im thinking besides im diying to see my husband again. That going is the only way to make sure he is approved! Its been since August 2004 I saw him last might not look to great to them. But if any thing or a denial would happen we could try and overturn it right there. While im there to prove them wrong!

Could you tell me more about Family Medical leave act since you have used it before please?! Thanks

I don't know why they won't let you in the consulate. To get in you must speak to the military police and state your business. I just know others where not allowed in for the interview if that was their purpose for being there. How will it help? It will help because you are there waiting for him. If they pull any ####### your husband can always go and get you to speak with the CO. They will know you are waiting outside because your husband will tell them! He must make sure the CO knows you are just outside waiting to hear the good news.

As to the family leave act you can accsess it at your place of your employment or on line.

http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/

I have copied a few of the pertinent guidelines here>>>

Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

Quick Links

Links to ESA compliance resources:

ESA Compliance Assistance

WHD Compliance Assistance

Links to other Departmental compliance resources:

Compliance Assistance

Summary of Major DOL Laws

Compliance Tools

Employment Law Guide

The Law

The Regulations

29 CFR Part 825

Special Rules for Returning Reservists under USERRA

Synopsis of Law

Covered employers must grant an eligible employee up to a total of 12 workweeks of unpaid leave during any 12-month period for one or more of the following reasons:

for the birth and care of the newborn child of the employee;

for placement with the employee of a son or daughter for adoption or foster care;

to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) with a serious health condition;

to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition.

Since it has been quite a while since you have seen your husband it would be my guess that being there during his interview would be a good idea.

Jen..

Chi,

K-1 is for fiancee.

Wait, you say>>>>

"if you married already in the USA or out of the USA.

k-1 is usless. however if the goverment dont reconize your marriage."

The government does not reconize marriage out of the USA? Sorry but that is incorrect.

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I took family medical leave act last june when my mom had cancer. They wanted a note from her doctor determining her illness. Also if you have medical insurance you have to keep up on those payments if you don't have any sick time build up. But they usually want some kind of proof as to why you are taking off.

5-2005/ met online

11-4-2005/ went to see him in republic of georgia

11-25-2005 returned home

01-17-2006/ sent I129F to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->nsc<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

01-23-2006/ packet was recieved and signed for

01-23-2006 / NOA 1

01-26-2006/ check was cashed

01-31-2006/ recieved NOA 1 in mail

03-23-2006/ NOA 2 - oh yeah

03-27-2006/ touched

03-30-2006/ recieved NOA 2 in mail

04-07-2006-petition was sent to nvc

04-19-2006/petition got entered into nvc system recieved case number

05-30-2006/ interview date ( yahoo)

05-30-2006/he was put on a/p

Timeline

I don't know why they won't let you in the consulate. To get in you must speak to the military police and state your business. I just know others where not allowed in for the interview if that was their purpose for being there. How will it help? It will help because you are there waiting for him. If they pull any ####### your husband can always go and get you to speak with the CO. They will know you are waiting outside because your husband will tell them! He must make sure the CO knows you are just outside waiting to hear the good news.

As to the family leave act you can accsess it at your place of your employment or on line.

Quick Links

Compliance Assistance

Compliance Tools

Employment Law Guide

The Law

The Regulations

29 CFR Part 825

Synopsis of Law

Covered employers must grant an eligible employee up to a total of 12 workweeks of unpaid leave during any 12-month period for one or more of the following reasons:

for placement with the employee of a son or daughter for adoption or foster care;

to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) with a serious health condition;

to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition.

Since it has been quite a while since you have seen your husband it would be my guess that being there during his interview would be a good idea.

Jen..

Chi,

K-1 is for fiancee.

thanks for your information!!! As soon as we find out interview date eventually I will ask my employer certainly!! I think it probably dont look to good that its been over 1 1/2 yrs since I seen my husband last. But that last time I was there for three months. And they do recognise marriages outside of the USA cause you have to go to the American Consular for a affidavite that your eligible to marry. I hope they will give me time off but not sure how incase Id get caught liying! Would anyone consider a brother in law immediate family?

Wait, you say>>>>

The government does not reconize marriage out of the USA? Sorry but that is incorrect.

thanks for your information!!! As soon as we find out interview date eventually I will ask my employer certainly!! I think it probably dont look to good that its been over 1 1/2 yrs since I seen my husband last. But that last time I was there for three months. And they do recognise marriages outside of the USA cause you have to go to the American Consular for a affidavite that your eligible to marry. I hope they will give me time off but not sure how incase Id get caught liying! Would anyone consider a brother in law immediate family?

I took family medical leave act last june when my mom had cancer. They wanted a note from her doctor determining her illness. Also if you have medical insurance you have to keep up on those payments if you don't have any sick time build up. But they usually want some kind of proof as to why you are taking off.

Thanks denali_1963 for your reply. Well they only know his brother has something probably wrong with his brain. It sounds weird but they arent sure and its hard to figure out cause my husband dont undertand what im talking about if i say like chemeotherapy. I do know is he has been like this for awhile forgets who he is, who other people are, he cant work, he is getting some type of disability pay right now. And its gotten so bad had to sell his house to afford the medical treatments. I think for right now they are calling him stable cause nothing has happened yet. But not sure if I could get anything cause its not really immidate family and if I lie they will probably catch me and want a letter or something. Which the letter wont be in english most likely. I havent been at my job that long started early September so I really havent earned much two days off with pay is about it!

thanks for your help

Edited by jennieh

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am not sure for the Family Leave, but most companies do not consider a brother-inlaw as immediate family to get paid time of for a funeral, so it is probably the same for a brother in-law. Plus if you do is your brother-law your sister's husband, if so they could ask why isn't she taking care of him. It probably couldn't hurt to ask one of the Human Resouce people if a brother in-law is immediate family. But have a story ready why only you can do this treatment or care giving to your brother in-law. Also ask for this Human Resource person to keep this silent until you work this problem out and decide the best path to take.

Good luck

Quick Links

Compliance Assistance

Compliance Tools

Employment Law Guide

The Law

The Regulations

29 CFR Part 825

Synopsis of Law

Jen..

Chi,

K-1 is for fiancee.

Wait, you say>>>>

Thanks denali_1963 for your reply. Well they only know his brother has something probably wrong with his brain. It sounds weird but they arent sure and its hard to figure out cause my husband dont undertand what im talking about if i say like chemeotherapy. I do know is he has been like this for awhile forgets who he is, who other people are, he cant work, he is getting some type of disability pay right now. And its gotten so bad had to sell his house to afford the medical treatments. I think for right now they are calling him stable cause nothing has happened yet. But not sure if I could get anything cause its not really immidate family and if I lie they will probably catch me and want a letter or something. Which the letter wont be in english most likely. I havent been at my job that long started early September so I really havent earned much two days off with pay is about it!

thanks for your help

Timeline

I am not sure for the Family Leave, but most companies do not consider a brother-inlaw as immediate family to get paid time of for a funeral, so it is probably the same for a brother in-law. Plus if you do is your brother-law your sister's husband, if so they could ask why isn't she taking care of him. It probably couldn't hurt to ask one of the Human Resouce people if a brother in-law is immediate family. But have a story ready why only you can do this treatment or care giving to your brother in-law. Also ask for this Human Resource person to keep this silent until you work this problem out and decide the best path to take.

Good luck

thanks ohio buck, thats what I thought not immediate enough family. Id lie but just my luck id get caught and I dont know who else or what other reason to use. Only other thing is my husbands mother is kind of mentally ill psychotic so maybe that could be used. But they probably will want a doctors letter. Im trying to think now!! I heard not to long agao they denied someone for time off that wanted to be with their sister that was dying of cancer for just a few days!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.