~kiyah~

Returning Petitions to the United States via 221g

830 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I found this online http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=...mmediate+Family Does anyone agree with me this is right? Sorry im just going crazy to find a way to get some time off. I dont want a denial thats for sure and I cant wait to see my husband again!! A real live husband not a computer!

hahahaahahahaa..when you and him reunite he will learn your tastes..

the fun part is the learning right..

LOL he knows my taste already but he is obcessed with cooking. But of course he says he isnt. LOL its cute I mail him gifts he kind of starts to complain he wants junk food and candy not anything else really. You would think the man never saw junk food ever. LOL doritos, ranch liquid gold to him, and bubble gum from here he just loves! LOL fun part learning you got that right he taught me how to make mint tea;)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

If I am understanding you correctly, FMLA does not apply to visits. Is your employer not willing to give you vacation time? Brother-in-law is usually considered immediate family. Even Aunts and Uncles are considered immediate family, however each company can set out their own payment guidelines for that.

I would not lie about anything, especially when you are working so closely with a government agency. I have having that very difficult problem right now and im racking my brains out about how to take care of it.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
If I am understanding you correctly, FMLA does not apply to visits. Is your employer not willing to give you vacation time? Brother-in-law is usually considered immediate family. Even Aunts and Uncles are considered immediate family, however each company can set out their own payment guidelines for that.

I would not lie about anything, especially when you are working so closely with a government agency. I have having that very difficult problem right now and im racking my brains out about how to take care of it.

Well I have time off that I have earned a little over a week. But the issue is im not allowed to use it unless some special approval or something happens. We have to wait until the end of our first year of employment to use it. I dont want to lie but i really want to be at the interview and to see him again. And the thing about his brother is the truth. Just trying to find a way! Thanks for everyones help.

Timeline
Can you take unpaid time off?

I dont know Im allowed to miss 6 days a year without getting fired. But I have to call in for every single one of those days. I know when my mom did it they were unpaid days.

Filed: Timeline

there has to be a way to take off from work. and not disclose all your business to your employer. get creative.

I work for an airline we get Shift trade and comp time. I dont know how you can weasle around it. unless you tell your job you are having a nervous break down and need time off < I pulled that stunt once >

I mantained my job.

shon.gif

Timeline
there has to be a way to take off from work. and not disclose all your business to your employer. get creative.

I work for an airline we get Shift trade and comp time. I dont know how you can weasle around it. unless you tell your job you are having a nervous break down and need time off < I pulled that stunt once >

I mantained my job.

I dont know how I can get time off. LOL i had a nervious break down Icant take being this long since i seen my husband last! I need help to get time off but if i tell them about his brotherr i can get it maybe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

In California, the state labor law say that if you take more than 5 consecutive days off then its considered a leave of absence which technically means they don't have to give you your job back. I don't know which state you live in, but I would be more than happy to research the laws for you :D

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
In California, the state labor law say that if you take more than 5 consecutive days off then its considered a leave of absence which technically means they don't have to give you your job back. I don't know which state you live in, but I would be more than happy to research the laws for you :D

Wow...tough law! I work for a company that is based in California although I am in Utah, and I have just started a leave of absence for surgery. I hope I have a job when I get back! lol :blink:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Wow, I guess I feel really lucky. We have both short term and long term disability at my job and if you need to take a leave of absence for family purposes (without pay), depending on which boss you work for, you can without fear of losing your job. One girl I work with has taken quite a bit of unpaid time off because her mother had a stroke and her father is diabetic and can't really care for himself (they are really old) so she has to take off work a lot to go to North Carolina and help her sister take care of them.

I think a lot of times it depends more on your boss and company policy than on the state you live in. If a company or boss wants to deny you they can always just follow a law exactly, but if they are more family focused they won't fall back on laws like in California.

Jenniah, have you tried discussing this with your boss to see how they feel about family issues? I know it's hard sometimes but I've found that if your boss is at all understanding he/she will probably work with you to let you go to the interview. Our secretary had already booked a cruise when she got hired at our company and our boss let her take the accumulated time off even though she had only been there a short time because he didn't want to make her lose the money she had invested in the cruise.

Good luck and I hope things work out for you.

Timeline

I work and live in Iowa I know my team manager would give it to me. But she isnt the one who approves it I have this guy who hates me who dont even know me that doesnt seem to like me. He is the department manager and would be the one to approve it. So I dont think my chances of getting time off are to high some of it having to do with him. I know I need to be at the interview but I cant afford to lose my job. So Im researching to find out how, only been at my job since September 9th so not sure I even qualify for anything yet. Thanks jordanianprincess thats sweet of you to offer!

Wow, I guess I feel really lucky. We have both short term and long term disability at my job and if you need to take a leave of absence for family purposes (without pay), depending on which boss you work for, you can without fear of losing your job. One girl I work with has taken quite a bit of unpaid time off because her mother had a stroke and her father is diabetic and can't really care for himself (they are really old) so she has to take off work a lot to go to North Carolina and help her sister take care of them.

I think a lot of times it depends more on your boss and company policy than on the state you live in. If a company or boss wants to deny you they can always just follow a law exactly, but if they are more family focused they won't fall back on laws like in California.

Jenniah, have you tried discussing this with your boss to see how they feel about family issues? I know it's hard sometimes but I've found that if your boss is at all understanding he/she will probably work with you to let you go to the interview. Our secretary had already booked a cruise when she got hired at our company and our boss let her take the accumulated time off even though she had only been there a short time because he didn't want to make her lose the money she had invested in the cruise.

Good luck and I hope things work out for you.

I have not talked to the one who will approve it cause he is cruel and well he is just plain mean. He is the type who if they need someone to be let go they find him. He just mean to be honest and has no heart you cant even get the guy to say hi or smile.

Edited by jennieh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I completely agree. This needs pinned!! I really hate to think this can happen to everyone dealing with Morroco :angry:

I agree we need to get this pinned.

I agree also

Wow...tough law! I work for a company that is based in California although I am in Utah, and I have just started a leave of absence for surgery. I hope I have a job when I get back! lol :blink:

now in morrocs case .. you holler FMLA.

shon.gif

Timeline

I will do whatever I can to get time off but I cant afford to lose my job over it. I need to be there at his interview it dont look to good thats its been over a year since I seen him last.

Edited by jennieh

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

now in morrocs case .. you holler FMLA.

I did....and I am even being paid at 100% my wage for the entire time I am out! :thumbs: I have no complaints..hehe

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.