~kiyah~

Returning Petitions to the United States via 221g

830 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

In California, the state labor law say that if you take more than 5 consecutive days off then its considered a leave of absence which technically means they don't have to give you your job back. I don't know which state you live in, but I would be more than happy to research the laws for you :D

Wow...tough law! I work for a company that is based in California although I am in Utah, and I have just started a leave of absence for surgery. I hope I have a job when I get back! lol :blink:

now in morrocs case .. you holler FMLA.

I did....and I am even being paid at 100% my wage for the entire time I am out! :thumbs: I have no complaints..hehe

Wow thats good morocco4ever so is there something can get so that way they have to give me time off? His brothers situation is pretty severe i guess and he is getting worse. They suspect he will never be able to work again. I dont care if I have to go without pay but it would be nice ive earned a week of paid time off id like to be able to use it atleast if they will allow it.

Timeline
jenn

look in your employee hand book. you know you dont have to get in detailed with them about why you need the time off. make it known.

you dont want strangers in your business at work.

I am fortunate to work for an airline they certainly make for me to take time off and travel.

Shonjaved I did look I looked all over their handbooks all I find is FMLA. I dont want to tell them my personal business but if I dont i dont think I can get time off. I havent been here long enough.

Filed: Timeline

oh I see jenn.

Jenn.

I thought FMLA applies to family situations. couldnt you

tell them you have a family problem and you need to sort it out?

why do they need to know you are leaving the country? why would you even tell them any details. certainly if its medical they have no right to ask you the medical issue. couldnt you say you have a family problem and you need x amount of days to sort it out. - if they wanted to know tell them its a sensitive issue.

shon.gif

Timeline
oh I see jenn.

Jenn.

I thought FMLA applies to family situations. couldnt you

tell them you have a family problem and you need to sort it out?

why do they need to know you are leaving the country? why would you even tell them any details. certainly if its medical they have no right to ask you the medical issue. couldnt you say you have a family problem and you need x amount of days to sort it out. - if they wanted to know tell them its a sensitive issue.

Well I think FLMA does but it depends he is only a brother in law. But for their FMLA it says you must of have been employed by them for atleast 12 months. I will have been there about six months soon. I dont want to tell them cause none of them even know who he is they just asked me who the cute guy was hanging up in my desk. I think if i tell them his illness they will know its serious and they would be more filling to give me time off is the thing. thanks for all your help shonjaved.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Only six months....hmmmm...I think this is a problem. I have been with my companyt for over 3 years now. Wish I could be of more assistance, but I think this is more related to your company than anything.

Good luck!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
Only six months....hmmmm...I think this is a problem. I have been with my companyt for over 3 years now. Wish I could be of more assistance, but I think this is more related to your company than anything.

Good luck!

I think so but not sure I know my mom got the time off but another person did her then will do mine. I guess i dont have to worry about it anyways. Most interviews are scheduled by the 7th of the month and thats tomorow. I just hope this dont cause a major problem my husband is only allowed to resign from his job from March to April and he does not want to apply for it until he knows if he is approved or not.

I talked to my boss about this.

she said you could get a simple note from your dr saying you are stressed or somthing and take the time off. I tried jenn.

I am gonna agree with Morocc. maybe the problem is your company.

I know my company makes it easy as pie to take off with no penalty.

shon.gif

she said you could get a simple note from your dr saying you are stressed or somthing and take the time off. I tried jenn.

shon.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

good gods, shon. Did you sit on your keyboard? I just got 20 replies to this topic in my inbox!

:wacko:!

edit: they keep coming---Make that 21.

Edited by meauxna

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
good gods, shon. Did you sit on your keyboard? I just got 20 replies to this topic in my inbox!

:wacko:!

edit: they keep coming---Make that 21.

:lol:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Really a simple document as that? But problem is would the doctor give it to me? LOL I was starting to have like a nervous breakdown cause of how long its been since I seen my husband last. I work for SEARS.COM is who I work for I dont know much about their policies but I did look at their stuff. I know I can get a letter from his brothers doctor if its need thanks for all your help everyone especially shonjaved I really appeciate it!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Getting back to discussing 221g .......lol...........I called Senator Dole's office today...like everyday since I went to talk with her representive for this mess...and still Casa has not responed to their first inquiry made last Tuesday morning.....I told him I wasn't suprised........Casa still isn't telling me anything but validity of relationship and has already been sent back.......etc etc...BS

Last update on this end.

Anybody else have any updates for thier 221g denial?

Mary (NC) Atif (Youssoufia)

NOA2 for 129F on 16 Nov 2005......NOA2 for I-130 on 28 Nov 2005

INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 9AM[GMT] 27 FEBRUARY 2006-Issued 221g for Validity of relationship....told being sent back to USCIS/Atif Received Visa On 10 March 2006

AOS/EAD

10 July 2006--signed I-485 and I-765

25 July 2006 recieved NOA-1 for both

18 Aug 2006 Biometrics Appt.

21 Oct 2006 EAD arrives in mail

26 Dec 2006 received aapt.->01 Feb 2007 AOS interview->CANCELLED! rescheduled 01 Aug 2007-waiting

09 Feb '07-received denial of AOS--#######??!! MTR filed--Interview-01 Aug 07

27 Sept '07-I-765 [#2] filed--14 Nov '07 Biomerics for I-765 [#2]

Take it from me....GO TO THE AOS INTERVIEW DATE ANYWAY!!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET THE SNAIL MAIL NOTICE!!!

August 2009--Permanent Resident Card arrives!!!!

We are Finished with Immigration for 10 years!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.