Minith8

police certificate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

Here is my situation : I am from Thailand but living in Canada and will have interview at Montreal consulate. I am 4 months after NOA1 so still waiting for NOA2. I am not sure if I need to wait for NOA2 or I can get a Thai police certificate now. Do we need any document from USCIS before applying for the police certificate? Thank you anyone for your help.

You have to collect 2 police clearances, you may know-------from Thailand and Canada. It depends on how long it takes to collect PC. If it takes much time you can collect it now, otherwise it is better to collect it after you will get NOA2. You do not need any documents from USCIS or NVC for it. The condition is ---- police clearance can not be older than 1 year at the time of your interview.

an1cMoo0g410000MTAwNzY0M3wzOTA0OTM5NDRkbGF8SW50ZXJ2aWV3IGFmdGVy.gif

sbuwda6l6ki.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I moved your post to the Thailand forum so other people from there can give you an idea of how much time it might take you to get that Police Certificate, and you can plan accordingly.

From my experience and reading posts on the board, they're not likely to issue your report without having NOA2 or some other official letter from the US regarding your visa petition.

You can always try however, since as I'm sure you're aware 'official' protocol is never really certain in any scenario in Thailand. Good luck.

BTW we did ours a few weeks ago and they made a copy of the NOA2 letter.

Edited by T and P

USCIS - CSC

7/30/12: I-130 sent to Chicago lockbox

8/01/12: NOA1

8/13/12: NOA2! (USC living abroad)

NVC

8/28/12: Case # issued

8/31/12: DS-3032 email sent

9/11/12: DS-3032 email rejected, re-sent

9/13/12: AOS invoice received, paid

9/19/12: AOS package sent

9/21/12: AOS package delivered

9/21/12: DS-3032 email accepted

9/24/12: IV Invoice received, paid

9/25/12: IV Package sent from Thailand

9/27/12: IV package delivered

9/28/12: RFE by phone for employment letter

9/29/12: RFE information sent from Thailand

10/2/12: RFE info delivered

10/9/12: NVC case complete!

10/12/12: Interview scheduled (Nov 16th)

10/16/12: Case left NVC via DHL

US Embassy - Bangkok

10/19/12: Case arrived

10/30/12: Medical at Bumrungrad hospital

11/16/12: Interview - APPROVED

11/20/12: Passport arrives in mail

POE: Slated for 1/31/12 at LAX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

When my wife went to get her PC last month in Bangkok, they required the NOA2. She also brought the bio page from my passport and the Packet 3 letter just in case, cost 50bht for postage. The first time she went without these documents they said no except for the officer who gave her moblie number and told her he could take care of it.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

I am in Canada and will also need Police certificate from Thailand. I found this info at the website of Thai Embassy in Toronto - info below.

I called Thai Embassy and he told me to send the info listed below to the address below. He said it will take about 3-4 weeks. So, we should expect to have around 4-5 weeks to reach Canada. For me, I just want to prepare everything as I am not in Thailand physically. Will email or call at night and will update here. Hope they will help.

Thailand Police Clearance Certificate:

Foreign applicants residing in Canada who have previously worked or resided in Thailand can apply for Police Clearance Certificates at the special Branch, Royal Thai Police at the following address:

Please send all your documents securely to:

Special Branch Division

Police Clearance Service Centre

Royal Thai Police Department

1st Fl. Building 24

Henri Dunant Road

Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand 10330

Tel: +66 2205 2165, +66 2205 2168 - 9 (Mon.-Fri. 08:30 - 16:30)

E-mail: pcsc@police.go.th

Applicants must submit the following documents:

- A photocopy of Passport

- Document(s) which proves that applicant has worked or resided in Thailand.

- A photocopy of Thai Working Permit (if available)

- Two photographs (1 inch by 2 inches)

- Three sets of fingerprints. (For applicants residing abroad, fingerprints must be taken at local police or authorized agent in the residing country, with the signature of the issuing officer). There is no longer a need for consular certification of the documents.

- There is no fee applied for this service. However, applicants must include a self-addressed, proper-sized envelope and 5 international postage vouchers Here

http://www.thaiconsulatetoronto.com/faq.php

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

I did not forget to update here about Thai Police Certificate.

Before I sent out all the supporting documents, I called to 66-2205-2168, 66-2205-2169 to confirm what they need and address. Finally, I found out like that .

http://pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/filedownload/Prepare-document-for-post.pdf

Please follow their instructions and mail all the supporting documents. I mailed all these by express mail and can track who receive the packet.

Then, I called and remind them again for what I need.

It took 3 weeks to process and another 2 weeks to mail. I called to the same number after 3 weeks and the officer said he mailed it to me in Canada. I received this yesterday.

It can take about 6 weeks depend on the day that we sent and their holidays.

P.S Thank you so much Karee. I tried to call the number that you gave me but there had the line error.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.