NiNi123

VictiM of marriage fraud

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

I am a USC and I am sorry you went thru this and my husband comes from a HIGH fraud country and it may or may not work out for us I pray it does but it is a gamble when you marry anyone. My ex husband was a USC and he was bipolar one minute sweet as can be next minute so cruel... relaltionships are a gamble regardless of who you marry... I think what happens the shock of the marriage ending after investing so much time for both parties not just the USC..for the USC they decide they have been used and now they are on the line because of the AOS.... so my advise is READ WHAT U SIGN you are agreeing to this regardless of what happens to your marriage. The best revenge anyone can have on a spouse that wronged them is to have a happy life without them... So I hope your future is bright and you find that right person not all USC cry scam.. but some do rightfully but some immagrants can say the same...

Thank you.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your situation. Don't let this bring you down completely, maybe he got scared and overwhelmed with the whole situation? I'm not condoning his behavior but there may have been more behind his actions than it appears (and not necessarily fraudulent intentions). Nonetheless, you must take care of you and that baby. I wish you nothing but the best for you both. Time will heal though the pain may persist for a while.

I would suggest considering a consultation with a divorce lawyer on the matter of proceeding with a divorce if he refuses to tell you where he is. I'm hesitant to give you any advice on the matter not having any legal background so I'd advise to speak with a professional about such matters. I think most will do an initial consult for free.

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Nini - the person that files for divorce, the petitioner, controls all of the process.

Remember that, as you are studying for 'how to file for divorce' at yer local county courthouse (yes, go in person, talk with the clerk of the court and the law librarian at the law library attached to the court)

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

getting one, or filing for one? Seems a bit fast, for 'getting ' one, yes?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If my husband had changed after I immigrated to US, I'd leave him and go back to my home country. The purpose of the petition is to be re-united with family. I just find it hard to believe that immigrants are willing to stay over here at all cost after being subjected to abuse shortly after arriving in US claiming the marriage wasn't entered for immigration purposes.

They stay here primarily for one reason and one reason only...MONEY. Once they are here, very few go home.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

best of luck but just so you know some men are just jerks there are alot of guys in this country that are USC that walk out on their kids. Maybe being a dad freaked him out.. I dont know how long you have been seperated now but he may realize it was a mistake and come back. But either way it sounds like you have a good family behind you so love that baby and take care of yourself right now your hormones are all over the place after just having a baby this stress is not good for you or the baby. The best thing that ever happened to me were my kids. Regardless of his decission to stay or go you are the lucky one to have that baby. But he is not off the hook you need to make him pay child support. That you dont let him get away from. Let him have the American dream which is work hard everyday for every penny you get.. But also make him pay the american child support.... Good luck...

And just for the record there are plenty of bad women out there, too. And they will walk out on their kids, too. I know. I lived it.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I need help here. My husband got 10 yrs green card . He left me after 2 montths of living together in h US. I know there is nothing j van do yo deport him. Can I withdraw the AOS? How? Any one had this experience please share . I am so desperate. Thank you.

[/quote

I think that anyone considering giving a green card to fiance or husband should try to find other ways to make them stay legally in the US to see if the relationship holds water. After a year or two of marriage, he or she should start the application. My sister is a green card holder, and she has been married to her husband for ten years now. He still does not have a status. In a way, we USC don't "OWE" this to our partners. They should be the ones trying to stay in this country with us in other ways not just by marrying us.

Timeline

why do the US citizens always claim marriage fraud because the marriage didnt work out.Think about you could have been married to another US citizen and the marriage didnt work too,so then what would you have said.

This thing is getting too ridiculous with these US citizens.Why cant you say you all had a good time while it last.Some of these same US citizens go to the other countries and fool around with them and make a fool of them and they havent been complaining.As long you've been married to a US citizen and they did your papers and it happen that it didnt work out,you hear that it was a scam.What about the alien who continue to be treated cruel for years,even before and after marriage and still cant prove it to the officals because lacking of evidence.

Seems like its all about the US citizens and some of them want you to clean their #### or they report that you defrauded them for a Greencard.

Im so tired of hearing them complain about fraud when its them who are defrauding people because they have one over the alien.

There is a saying that you can do as much as you want but not as long as you want.Its time these US sposes stop crying FOWL.

You are right about this. My marriage to an immigrant did not work out because even when he "loved" me at first, his love was not strong enough. He brought his entire family to live with us and I ended up leaving my house to escape from the abuse. He supported them, and I could not do anything about it. Yes, the marriage was real, but he did not care much about the marriage. His family was first. In the end, after the interview, he became cold and distant. I had no choice but to withdraw the application. Im sure he'll now try to claim under WAVA saying I abused him. He is desperate and will try anything to stay here because his family need him to maintain their status in the US.

Timeline

How you withdraw the application?! Try but they said I can't because he had 10yrs green card. How u do it?

In your case is too late. All you can do is write a letter to USCIS explaining why you think he committed fraud. Include his alien number, date of birth and full name. This way, if he tries to bring a wife from his country here, he'll have to explain this during her own interview. Now, in USCIS eyes, your marriage just got sour. I'm sure he loved you at some point but later on just held on to the marriage for fear to lose his green card. In my case, I left my marriage to a USC because he was mentally abusing me. I didn't care about the green card anymore. I went back to my country. But I had a CPR (conditional permanent residence), so I came back and claimed under WAVA. Emotional abuse is hard to prove but not impossible. I knew I loved this man, but I also knew I would not go back to him for a green card. I removed my condition and later on became a USC. Part two of my story: me giving a green card to my last husband. Just so you know, if your husband would have wanted to leave you before, he could have done it. He could have self-petitioned his removal of condition by divorcing you and proving bona fide marriage.

Edited by pichi

Timeline

He just got here and they gave him 10 yrs green card right away, there were no condition Greencard. That is why he left me so fast. He just here for 2 months.

When did you file for him? How long were you married? If you were married longer than two years, then he got his 10 years green card otherwise he is just lying to you or USCIS made a huge mistake. If that is the case, then you can write to them explaining that. Did you see his green card?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.