Stuart and Thea

Buying a Wife from the Ukraine

191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Being entirely sincere here...this is reason #2 for a RUB wife

And for those who don't know what that means. I said they were taking care of our needs.

My needs include cooking, cleaning, laundry. :wacko:

WHY do we marry RUB women...VOILA!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

It would do any American a lot of good to see other parts of the world - and not just the third world bits. It's humbling.

I agree. As a cold war kid myself, and as a guy who did a hitch in the Marines during that period, I have to say that I was surprised at how the rest of the world looks compared to what I was taught. I found that true most places I have been.

Most people seem to be pretty happy where they are, and lots of them have zero interest in leaving there, and less in coming here.

To test my foto-posting prowess (ha), here is a foto of Mini-Bone, which I can't figure out how to rotate 90 degrees, but it's good for all of us to hear our neck vertebrae crack, ouch man. He's 20 months old now but was 5 months old in this foto, which remains my favorite of many good ones, gee man.

Good loking kid T.

Adoption by foreigners is viewed negatively because there have been high profile cases where Russian kids were adopted by American families and things went very wrong.

I think with the political situation now, dating/marrying foreigners is seen positively because there is more opportunity in Europe and the US.

Again, very interesting. Here, kids from Ukraine and Russia are said to be high risk. Meaning that there is a pretty high incidence of health or mental problems in the kids that are adopted out overseas. Not surprising that foreign adoption is viewed negatively in Russia either. It is no secret that many states here do a terrible job even fostering out American kids, let alone adopting.

About foreign marraige, I was unclear about something you posted. There is more opportunity for what in Europe exaclty? You could have meant marraige, happiness, careers (although that wouldn't make much sense).

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

I never asked why you marry 'RUB women'. I presume you married Alla (ONE woman) for a myriad of reasons. Which you actually don't need to explain, but you won't understand that.

But seriously...how dirty is your house, how much laundry do you have, how much could you possibly eat, that your wife is so busy 'tending your needs' that she can't 'waste time online'?

Alla is not the first woman to run a household. We all do it. But for her to be so busy that she literally has *no time* is a bit sad. Perhaps you should make less of a mess or eat less. I dunno.

Our house is extremely clean, it is not dirty because Alla cleans it.

You asked how I had time to post on VJ if we were always busy having sex. We are not always busy having sex because Alla has housework to do and that leaves me free to post on VJ. Is all that clear now?

Cry for her.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I never asked why you marry 'RUB women'. I presume you married Alla (ONE woman) for a myriad of reasons. Which you actually don't need to explain, but you won't understand that.

But seriously...how dirty is your house, how much laundry do you have, how much could you possibly eat, that your wife is so busy 'tending your needs' that she can't 'waste time online'?

Alla is not the first woman to run a household. We all do it. But for her to be so busy that she literally has *no time* is a bit sad. Perhaps you should make less of a mess or eat less. I dunno.

Oh I forgot to mention fashion modeling. You should try it, good pay and lots of free clothes. No time for VJ though.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

Oh I forgot to mention fashion modeling. You should try it, good pay and lots of free clothes. No time for VJ though.

She doesn't have the right to VJ if there's furniture to be polished! I'm pretty sure that's in the handbook.

edit to remove dupe post.

Edited by Anita Cocktail

Timeline

She doesn't have the right to VJ if there's furniture to be polished! I'm pretty sure that's in the handbook.

edit to remove dupe post.

How would you know?

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

On my, and Olya's, list of priorities, going on VJ to read posts like yours is wayyyy down the list! The only reason I am on here is that when I am on duty where I work there are often slow times with very little available to do. If I could have Olya here I would have NO time for you! :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Always thought Mrs T-B was a figment of your imagination. Nice looking wife and baby.
Thank you, si man. I was having nightmares about red, yellow, & purple hogs, but my shrink told me that they were merely pigments of my imagination.

And Tbone shows us why the fashion model industry is absolutely dominated by RUB women and Latinas.
The RUBbettes probably dominate the blonde/redhead categories, see man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Again, very interesting. Here, kids from Ukraine and Russia are said to be high risk. Meaning that there is a pretty high incidence of health or mental problems in the kids that are adopted out overseas. Not surprising that foreign adoption is viewed negatively in Russia either. It is no secret that many states here do a terrible job even fostering out American kids, let alone adopting.

About foreign marraige, I was unclear about something you posted. There is more opportunity for what in Europe exaclty? You could have meant marraige, happiness, careers (although that wouldn't make much sense).

Orphans in Russia, at least, have to be available for adoption for Russian parents for a certain amount of time before they are allowed to be placed with foreign families. So there is an even greater chance of getting a child with some sort of issue if you are foreign.

Even though unemployment and everything is better here than in most parts of Western Europe, wages are lower and there is a view that there is not much room for growth. And even if things aren't great in Europe now, they probably will be in the future and it's just seen as a better life, with working formal institutions. Also now they are making medicine and education paid, which sucks.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Perhaps you should make less of a mess or eat less.
This advice is anathema to any red-blooded American male. It's a badge of honor to live like pigs to as maximal an extent as possible and to stuff ourselves until we're about to be sick, whee man. :lol:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Orphans in Russia, at least, have to be available for adoption for Russian parents for a certain amount of time before they are allowed to be placed with foreign families. So there is an even greater chance of getting a child with some sort of issue if you are foreign.

There is a couple in our town that has adopted two Russian children, a boy and a girl. Neither of them speak Russian, so they are paying one of our friends to help the kids retain their Russian and try to learn to read and write it. The boy is about 8 and the girl is 5 or 6. With the exception of the boy being a bit belligerent towards learning his Russian, they both seem pretty normal. :thumbs:

Even though unemployment and everything is better here than in most parts of Western Europe, wages are lower and there is a view that there is not much room for growth. And even if things aren't great in Europe now, they probably will be in the future and it's just seen as a better life, with working formal institutions. Also now they are making medicine and education paid, which sucks.

The first paragraph explains a lot. In your second, it looks like you are saying that foreign marraige is an accepted way to access superior economic opportunities in the EU?

There is a couple in our town that has adopted two Russian children, a boy and a girl. Neither of them speak Russian, so they are paying one of our friends to help the kids retain their Russian and try to learn to read and write it. The boy is about 8 and the girl is 5 or 6. With the exception of the boy being a bit belligerent towards learning his Russian, they both seem pretty normal. :thumbs:

I have a client whose son and daughter-in-law adopted a Russian boy (2 years old I think). He had a very difficult time adjusting, hitting at day care workers and parents, throwing shoes, etc. at them. Their pediatrician said that in addition to the normal adjustment problems and his perceived lack of stability in life generally, their son also showed signs of personality disorder common with kids born to parents that have substance abuse problems. Apparently the background information on adoptable kids is either sketchy or unavailable.

When Vika and I were in the US Embassy in Kiev, there were a number of adoption interviews going on. The parents to be couldn't speak any Russian, but Vika could understand what the kids (pre-teens) were saying. Apparently the kids did not fully understand what was happening to them, and the translator for the orphanage was not really translating the entire conversation. If those older kids were misinformed or not understanding that they were leaving Ukraine permanently, I can only imagine what happens to the younger kids. One of the pre-teens was already making nasty sounding, hostile comments about her American parents. I remeber Vika saying that those parents were going to have lots of trouble.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.