M and L

AOS // Great News!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Great news!!!!

We finally received approval for Lili's green card. Took approximately 9-months from when we turned in our AOS paperwork in January.

Lili came to USA for the first time in December 2011

Married End Dec 2011

AOS paperwork sent in 1 week later

Biometrics Mid Feb 2012

Transferred to CSC Mid Feb 2012

Wait Wait Wait checking MSC number many times

Checked again Sept 7th; Approved; No 2nd interview or additional info required

System said we should receive green card within 7 days via mail.

Matt and Lili

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Awesome, congratulations, still got you beat by a month. 10 for us.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Can your new wife work (get a job) while we wait for the green card ?

When you file for her AOS be sure to file an I-765 (Employment authorization). It takes a couple of months but once she has it she can work. Also if you file it with the I-485 there is no additional fee. The same is true for the I-131 (Travel document).

Best advice is file for all three at once. AOS, EAD and AP.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:thumbs: CONGRATULATIONS !!! :thumbs:

That is great news !!!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Can your new wife work (get a job) while we wait for the green card ?

you mean your new wife, yes?

Of Course, if'n you include the EAD application with the I-485. When filing the EAD and the AP with the I-485, the fees for those two things are waived.

In a bit, she'll have the EAD card prior to receiving the Green Card.

Once she gets in the USA though, about 2 to 3 weeks past POE date, get to a SSA office, apply for a SSN. K-1 visa holders are allowed to apply and have them, but you've a definitive time window in which she can apply.

so, SSN first, EAD second - then can work, no worries there.

Hey - Congratulations !!

Great news!!!!

We finally received approval for Lili's green card. Took approximately 9-months from when we turned in our AOS paperwork in January.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.