kintu

Vaccinations for I-693 from a local county clinic

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Folks,

We filed for AOS few days back and have not included the medical exam results I693 along with the packet as advised by my attorney.also, i have no prior immunization record.i just want to ask the follow VJ members if it is ok to get all the required Vaccination done for free/cheap at a local county clinic and than approaching the USCIS authorized civil surgeon for his/her service ?Plus ,share your story if any member who sent his/her medical exam results after filing the AOS petition ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Folks,

We filed for AOS few days back and have not included the medical exam results I693 along with the packet as advised by my attorney.also, i have no prior immunization record.i just want to ask the follow VJ members if it is ok to get all the required Vaccination done for free/cheap at a local county clinic and than approaching the USCIS authorized civil surgeon for his/her service ?Plus ,share your story if any member who sent his/her medical exam results after filing the AOS petition ?

You can get the vaccinations elsewhere cheaper and bring the vaccination record with you when you see a civil surgeon. You are not required to get another medical if yours was done within a year of filing for AOS, but a lot of civil surgeons insist on giving one and charging for it anyway. You may to need to call around and check out the post here on VJ about civil surgeons who don't rip you off.

The only vaccinations required for AOS are MMR, Tdap/TD, varicella(unless you had the chickenpox) and flu shot(only during flu season> Oct.-Mar.). You only need the first shot in a series to file for AOS.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

You can get the vaccinations elsewhere cheaper and bring the vaccination record with you when you see a civil surgeon. You are not required to get another medical if yours was done within a year of filing for AOS, but a lot of civil surgeons insist on giving one and charging for it anyway. You may to need to call around and check out the post here on VJ about civil surgeons who don't rip you off.

The only vaccinations required for AOS are MMR, Tdap/TD, varicella(unless you had the chickenpox) and flu shot(only during flu season> Oct.-Mar.). You only need the first shot in a series to file for AOS.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

thanks jay kay , one more question, what about the blood tests and the TB tests ? can i get them done at the state's local health clinic as well ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

thanks jay kay , one more question, what about the blood tests and the TB tests ? can i get them done at the state's local health clinic as well ?

If you are adjusting from a K-1 and had your medical within the last year, then you do not need blood tests or a TB test. If you need to get the full medical, then the civil surgeon must perform those as part of their medical exam.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
my apologies to the Admin for posting the thread in the wrong category. please do the needful. thanks
Transferred from K-1 Progress to AOS Case Filing.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

My husband needed his mmr, flu shot, and varicella so we went to our family doctor for that. I had him under my insurance by then already. We called around for a civil surgeon that would transcribe the shots to I-693 without making us do a physical. He had his TB done before he came to the US...but my brother had his TB done at a local free clinic. Also I think you should get all that ready do when you get an RFE for the I-693 (your shots) you can send then right away.

Timeline

My husband needed his mmr, flu shot, and varicella so we went to our family doctor for that. I had him under my insurance by then already. We called around for a civil surgeon that would transcribe the shots to I-693 without making us do a physical. He had his TB done before he came to the US...but my brother had his TB done at a local free clinic. Also I think you should get all that ready do when you get an RFE for the I-693 (your shots) you can send then right away.

Thanks for the INFO hnubno

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.