NeakyNich

Having a hard time getting a job..

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I am really having a hard time getting a job here in hawaii.. I got my green card november of last year.. The problem is i dont have any job experience here..all i did while waiting for my card is to baby sit.. I am a registered nurse in the philippines.Now since early this year i was applying to many jobs here in the US but no luck yet.. I tried any job openings even those entry level jobs, even fast food chains or any store but no one called me back for good news. I am really getting stressed and depressed. Can somebody help me what to do?!

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I am really having a hard time getting a job here in hawaii.. I got my green card november of last year.. The problem is i dont have any job experience here..all i did while waiting for my card is to baby sit.. I am a registered nurse in the philippines.Now since early this year i was applying to many jobs here in the US but no luck yet.. I tried any job openings even those entry level jobs, even fast food chains or any store but no one called me back for good news. I am really getting stressed and depressed. Can somebody help me what to do?!

Thanks in advance!

Weill what you could do is try to apply in any hospital as Nurse Aide,you are RN back home and that is a plus, be patient you will find one.

Petition for my Mom

11/11/12 - Sent application
11/15/12 - Priority date
11/ /12 - NOA1
01/15/13 - RFE noticed recieved
01/17/13 - Mailed RFE documents
01/26/13 - APPROVED

NVC JOURNEY

02/04/13 - Case recieved
02/25/13 - Case number assigned
02/28/13 - Recieved email from NVC
02/28/13 - Sent Choice of Agent from beneficiary email add
02/28/13 - Paid AOS bill
03/06/13 - AOS "paid"
03/08/13 - Choice of agent accepted
03/11/13 - Recived IV bill
03/12/13 - Sent AOS packaged
03/27/13 - Recieved RFE for I-864A
04/02/13 - Re send I-864A
07/01/13 - Paid IV bill

07/29/13 - Sent IV Packet

08/01/13 - NVC Recieved Packet

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What do you have to do to get your RN license here in US? I have many philippino friends who are RN's here at Emory University.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

Weill what you could do is try to apply in any hospital as Nurse Aide,you are RN back home and that is a plus, be patient you will find one.

Thank u for your reply! But most of them are still asking for experience.. I will still try to look for opportunities..

Timeline

What do you have to do to get your RN license here in US? I have many philippino friends who are RN's here at Emory University.

I need to pass the nclex.. Im not really immediately looking for a RN job.. Im just looking for any job so that i could save up money to use to pay for my cgfns and nclex fees and requirements..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I need to pass the nclex.. Im not really immediately looking for a RN job.. Im just looking for any job so that i could save up money to use to pay for my cgfns and nclex fees and requirements..

What about ER Tech. Could you do that? That way you still get to be around the medical field.

Good luck and I hope you find something!

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Around here, they are always looking for home health care workers. It's not being a nurse, but it's in the same field at least.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks in advance!

My husband has been looking for jobs since he got his SSN -August 7th. Since then he has applied to almost every job in Craigslist -that didn't work UNTIL he started going to the JOB FAIRS. I'm happy to say that he got an offer yesterday (8/30 -22 days after receiving his SSN) in one of these job fairs, yesterday got he's drug test we're waiting for the background check. I don't know how long it will take but at least he will have his first job in America. It is a part time job at a thrift store, but is only 4 miles from home -since we don't have a 2nd car he will ride the bike.

He also got a call from a Hotel for a second interview today, again he attended to the job fair. I hope he gets this one too -working for a Major Hotel Chain is nice for advancement.

So, I agree with Ms C -go in person to apply for jobs. Go to as many job fairs as you can and tell them your situation. A lot of times these are recruiters and they want to get as many people as possible.

Hope this helps! GOOD LUCK!

Edited by July15

USCIS
July 15, 2011 - NOA 1, Jan 24, 2012 - NOA 2

NVC
Feb 8, 2012 - NVC # & Invoice ID # Received
Feb 8, 2012 - Emailed NVC DS-3032 ( choice of agent ) Accepted!
Feb 9, 2012 - AOS Fee Paid
Feb 10, 2012 - AOS bill shows Paid :-)
Feb 10, 2012 - IV bill Paid (In Process)
Feb 14, 2012 - IV bill shows In Process, Fee was withdrawn from Bank Account. So,is PAID :-)
Feb 14, 2012 - IV bill shows Paid.
Feb 17, 2012 - AOS and IV Packages Sent to NVC, same envelope :-)
Feb 21, 2012 - AOS and IV Packages RECEIVED by NVC
Feb 24, 2012 - AOS Accepted.
Feb 24, 2012 - IV RFE "Original Marriage Certificate" It was included. Waiting for supervisor to review Marriage Certificate (10 - 15 days)
Mar 20, 2012 - RFE Sent
Mar 22, 2012 - CASE COMPLETE

Embassy ~ New Delhi
April 10, 2012 - Received Email, Interview Date: May 9th! Yeeey!
April 16, 2012 - Medical Exam
May 09, 2012 - INTERVIEW = AP
Jul 03, 2012 - Called DoS AP OVER, VFS's website says passport was handed over to Blue Dart, Waiting for delivery :-)

Jul 06, 2012 - VISA IN HAND (Visa was issued on July 2nd)

POE
Jul 17, 2012 - SAN DIEGO

July 28, 2012 - Welcome Letter Received
July 31, 2012 - Green Card Received
Aug. 01, 2012 - Applied for SSN
Aug. 07, 2012 - Received SSN Card :-) yeeeeeeey! Time to look for a job!

ROC I-751

May 08, 2014 - Sent I-751 to CSC

May 14, 2014 - NOA Received (Dated: 5/09/2014)

May 14, 2014 - Check Cashed

June 12, 2014 - Biometrics Appt.

Timeline

Around here, they are always looking for home health care workers. It's not being a nurse, but it's in the same field at least.

Thanks for the info..

How did you apply for these jobs? I suggest you go in person to the places where you want to work and ask for employment applications and do a follow up a week later, from 25 jobs I applied online no one called me.

I applied online.. Cause i dont know how to drive yet.. I know its a plus if you apply in person.. I will go try that this coming days.. Thanks!

My husband has been looking for jobs since he got his SSN -August 7th. Since then he has applied to almost every job in Craigslist -that didn't work UNTIL he started going to the JOB FAIRS. I'm happy to say that he got an offer yesterday (8/30 -22 days after receiving his SSN) in one of these job fairs, yesterday got he's drug test we're waiting for the background check. I don't know how long it will take but at least he will have his first job in America. It is a part time job at a thrift store, but is only 4 miles from home -since we don't have a 2nd car he will ride the bike.

He also got a call from a Hotel for a second interview today, again he attended to the job fair. I hope he gets this one too -working for a Major Hotel Chain is nice for advancement.

So, I agree with Ms C -go in person to apply for jobs. Go to as many job fairs as you can and tell them your situation. A lot of times these are recruiters and they want to get as many people as possible.

Hope this helps! GOOD LUCK!

Thats good to hear! Goodluck! I will try to apply in person too from now on.. Thanks :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I applied online.. Cause i dont know how to drive yet.. I know its a plus if you apply in person.. I will go try that this coming days.. Thanks!

I don't drive either, my husband took me to all the places in his day off, start with places around you or with the ones that have the same schedule like your husband so he can take you back and forth. Is there a bus where you live?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

That's what I did -I drove my husband to some places, others he went on the bus. By the way he also got the Job at the Hotel. Is part-time but they told him that he can get 40 hours later. For now that's good because he has the one from the Thrift store as well. I know he will do great at the Hotel and will get a Full time job soon.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Edited by July15

USCIS
July 15, 2011 - NOA 1, Jan 24, 2012 - NOA 2

NVC
Feb 8, 2012 - NVC # & Invoice ID # Received
Feb 8, 2012 - Emailed NVC DS-3032 ( choice of agent ) Accepted!
Feb 9, 2012 - AOS Fee Paid
Feb 10, 2012 - AOS bill shows Paid :-)
Feb 10, 2012 - IV bill Paid (In Process)
Feb 14, 2012 - IV bill shows In Process, Fee was withdrawn from Bank Account. So,is PAID :-)
Feb 14, 2012 - IV bill shows Paid.
Feb 17, 2012 - AOS and IV Packages Sent to NVC, same envelope :-)
Feb 21, 2012 - AOS and IV Packages RECEIVED by NVC
Feb 24, 2012 - AOS Accepted.
Feb 24, 2012 - IV RFE "Original Marriage Certificate" It was included. Waiting for supervisor to review Marriage Certificate (10 - 15 days)
Mar 20, 2012 - RFE Sent
Mar 22, 2012 - CASE COMPLETE

Embassy ~ New Delhi
April 10, 2012 - Received Email, Interview Date: May 9th! Yeeey!
April 16, 2012 - Medical Exam
May 09, 2012 - INTERVIEW = AP
Jul 03, 2012 - Called DoS AP OVER, VFS's website says passport was handed over to Blue Dart, Waiting for delivery :-)

Jul 06, 2012 - VISA IN HAND (Visa was issued on July 2nd)

POE
Jul 17, 2012 - SAN DIEGO

July 28, 2012 - Welcome Letter Received
July 31, 2012 - Green Card Received
Aug. 01, 2012 - Applied for SSN
Aug. 07, 2012 - Received SSN Card :-) yeeeeeeey! Time to look for a job!

ROC I-751

May 08, 2014 - Sent I-751 to CSC

May 14, 2014 - NOA Received (Dated: 5/09/2014)

May 14, 2014 - Check Cashed

June 12, 2014 - Biometrics Appt.

Hawaii is a hard place to get a job anyway.

You will def. need to be patient.

Have you looked into becoming a traveling nurse maybe? They make pretty good money.

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Thanks in advance!

Just keep on sending ur resume. I was lucky i did noht have a hard time finding a job my first application i had i was hired..then 2 yrs later i was looking for another better paying job i was able to get hired in one of the hospital here where i am currently working for 2 years now. Just keep on trying and call them make follow up .That shows u are really interested in the job if u make phone calls to follow up your application.

Don't be picky to start with for experience coz that's what i did and thankful i am now employed in one of Georgia's 10 Best Places to work .

Hello again!

I am nurse from our country but no experienced there,i was doing volunteering from one hospital to another without any pay but went to Singapore and was a nurse aide there at first and passed there RN qualifications. SO i came here got married took a few months off work as soon as i got my green card i applied online right away as a Nurse Aide,indicated in my resume that i am a RN back in philippines and singapore,got an interview and offered me the job.

And by the way you do not need to take CGFNS here in indiana CGFNS is required before you can take NCLEX but what i did i applied through California Board of Nursing bec CBN dont require you to take CGFNS and when you pass the test you can just apply for reciprocity to the boards of nursing in california then you can practice in your home state.

Hope this helps you out and hope you find a job soon.

If you have any concerns dont hesitate to message me.

Petition for my Mom

11/11/12 - Sent application
11/15/12 - Priority date
11/ /12 - NOA1
01/15/13 - RFE noticed recieved
01/17/13 - Mailed RFE documents
01/26/13 - APPROVED

NVC JOURNEY

02/04/13 - Case recieved
02/25/13 - Case number assigned
02/28/13 - Recieved email from NVC
02/28/13 - Sent Choice of Agent from beneficiary email add
02/28/13 - Paid AOS bill
03/06/13 - AOS "paid"
03/08/13 - Choice of agent accepted
03/11/13 - Recived IV bill
03/12/13 - Sent AOS packaged
03/27/13 - Recieved RFE for I-864A
04/02/13 - Re send I-864A
07/01/13 - Paid IV bill

07/29/13 - Sent IV Packet

08/01/13 - NVC Recieved Packet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.