87nan

please help

6 posts in this topic

VETRANS OF VJ PLEASE HELP ME IN THE JOURNEY OF MY WIFE AND 2 YEAR OLD CHILD.

MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1. I DON'T KNOW MY PARENTSS DATE OF BIRTH WILL THIS COUSE A RFE OR I CNA JUST GUESS ANY THING. MY PARENTS ARE FROM A VILLAGE AND WERE BORN AT A TIME WHEN THE VILLAGE HAS NO BIRTH AND DEATH REGISTORY.

2. DO I HAVE TO FILL THE THE G-325A FORM, FOR THE MINOR. IF SO WHO SIGNS IT?

3. CAN I PUT BOTH APPLICATIONS IN ONE ENVELOP OR ISSUE ONE CHECK FOR THE TOTAL OF 840 DOLLARS

PLEASE ANY ADVISE WILL BE APPRECIATED OR A REFER TO A LINK THAT I CAN FETCH THE ABOVE INFOR. THANKS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

1. Put UNKNOWN for your parents' date of birth. Do not guess anything.

2. I think you have to fill it for the minor and sign on his/her behalf (but someone can correct me on this if I am wrong).

3. Nobody knows what you are applying for. So you have to provide more information on this. But I am guessing you have to put both in one envelope but separate the checks in case there is a problem with one application and so they can go ahead with the one with no problem.

VETRANS OF VJ PLEASE HELP ME IN THE JOURNEY OF MY WIFE AND 2 YEAR OLD CHILD.

MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1. I DON'T KNOW MY PARENTSS DATE OF BIRTH WILL THIS COUSE A RFE OR I CNA JUST GUESS ANY THING. MY PARENTS ARE FROM A VILLAGE AND WERE BORN AT A TIME WHEN THE VILLAGE HAS NO BIRTH AND DEATH REGISTORY.

2. DO I HAVE TO FILL THE THE G-325A FORM, FOR THE MINOR. IF SO WHO SIGNS IT?

3. CAN I PUT BOTH APPLICATIONS IN ONE ENVELOP OR ISSUE ONE CHECK FOR THE TOTAL OF 840 DOLLARS

PLEASE ANY ADVISE WILL BE APPRECIATED OR A REFER TO A LINK THAT I CAN FETCH THE ABOVE INFOR. THANKS

2. I think you have to fill it for the minor and sign on his/her behalf (but someone can correct me on this if I am wrong).

3. Nobody knows what you are applying for. So you have to provide more information on this. But I am guessing you have to put both in one envelope but separate the checks in case there is a problem with one application and so they can go ahead with the one with no problem.

thanks for the reply. by the way i am applying fir ir-1/ci-1

For my minor child (2 yr old also): I only submitted the I-130 w/ 1 passport style photo along w/ other supporting docs, NO G-325a.

Mailed it TOGETHER in ONE envelope, w/ a cover letter stating there are two separate petitions and separate checks for my wife and child. No problems, so far. Hope this helps.. :thumbs:

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

1. Don't make up information. Put "unknown". If it won't let you type that in, write it manually after printing.

2. No G-235A for the child/stepchild.

3. My husband used two separate envelopes, each with their own separate check for $420.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Please don't guess. Somebody will be along who doesn't have to guess.

1. Yes, put unknown for the parents' dates of birth if unknown.

2. Do not submit a G325a for a child

3. He isn't applying for anything. He's filing a petition for a spouse and stepchild. You can file in one package but the two stacks stand alone and have their own checks.

The US Citizen files the petitions and the checks must be written on a US Bank that is actually IN the USA.

These questions indicate the OP has not yet carefully studied the CR1/IR1 guide and/or the I-130 instructions. Doing so will be critical to their ultimate success, as will ignoring answers from people who say they are guessing.

3. My husband used two separate envelopes, each with their own separate check for $420.

This is a great way to get the two cases separated and approved at different times. I recommend against it. Separate checks and stacks that stand alone separately (if separated) absolutely but separate envelopes are not a good idea.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.