madtownguy

airport pick up plans?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm curious. I've been looking into the future and wondering if it is best to meet my fiance at like LAX or something so that she does not have to try to navigate the airport alone. Being the first time ever flying on a plane and doing it to a large airport in the US might be somewhat confusing. What have others decided to do, I'm sure some go all the way to Philippines. My biggest concern is even when she has the visa I have heard of people getting turned back for odd reasons and having to come again at a later date. The process just isn't that full proof.

Go pick her up in the Phils. Being her first time, you don't want her to freak out and not get on the plane. Plus, she will feel much better (more secure) knowing you are by her side.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some have successfully picked up their fiancee at the POE. Just how proficient in English and nervous she is comes into play. Just make sure she has a way to communicate with you when she lands. And of course you can track the flight online as it progresses.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Yes I am thinking of joining my fiance at the POE. She will be coming into either Chicago or Detroit and then I would be joining her from there to the last leg of the flight to Raleigh, NC. Is it possible that they will let me wait for her in the immigration area when her flight arrives?

11/30/11 Mailed K-1 petition

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

5/8/12 Called USCIS for OUT OF NORMAL PROCESSING TIME inquiry

5/10/12 received email from VSC stating to wait 60 more days for decision

6/25/12 emailed my congressman

6/29/12 congressman's caseworker called me to gather more information about my case

6/29/12 sent request to state senator for an official inquiry into my case

7/3/12 Touched

7/3/12 text and email received for NOA2 approval

7/9/12 Received NOA2 hard copy in the mail

7/16/12 Called and received NVC Case Number

7/18/12 Called NVC and was told my case was in "additional processing"

7/27/12 Called NVC and was told my case is in "administrative processing"

8/2/12 Called NVC and was told my case is on the way to Manila.

8/6/12 Petition arrived in Manila

8/7/12 Called and obtained Embassy Interview Date, received appointment letter in email

Interview Date : 9/13/12

8/8/12 Fiance passed medical exam at SLEC

8/10/12 Fiance took CFO seminar

8/10/12 NVC letter arrived in mail (hardcopy)

8/13/12 Called the US Traveldocs number and asked to have earlier interview from 9/13/12 to 8/17/12

8/15/12 Interview Instruction Letter arrived in email

8/17/12 Interview date

8/17/12 Interview complete, 221g issued to send NSO CENOMAR to embassy through 2go

8/31/12 Called Senator to ask for inquiry at embassy.

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/5/12 2GO Courier service has visa in transit

9/6/12 2go Courier delivered VISA at 4:30 pm

9/6/12 Ticket purchased for flight leaving 9/8/12 POE Chicago

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Airports are user friendly enough that I have no worries about my fiancee making it to Ft Myers via Chicago or Detroit. Just give them detailed instructions, quiz them a few times until they have it and they will be fine. As one mentioned on another topic a few days ago. It is like a cattle call anyways. She can just follow the lines and ask questions if she is able too. If her English is bad then maybe you meeting her and accompanying her is best. Mine talks all the time :rofl: so I have no worries she will make it :lol:

Timeline

I highly doubt they will let you wait in immigration area, they aren't the most charitable government agency. Kennard I was kind of thinking I would do what you said, basically I will give her her cell phone when in Philippines or mail it to her so when she lands she will have a phone to use in the US. I do see the point of flying there and bringing her back, but then same would go for interview and everything else she will do in life and she's going to have to learn it eventually. I think meeting at POE would be a middle ground.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes I am thinking of joining my fiance at the POE. She will be coming into either Chicago or Detroit and then I would be joining her from there to the last leg of the flight to Raleigh, NC. Is it possible that they will let me wait for her in the immigration area when her flight arrives?

No, you will wait outside.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tell your girl to 'wear her big girl pants'! Now's the time to do it. good.gifNo way she'll get lost in the airport. no0pb.gif One doesn't need to be fluent in English to ask questions to fellow passengers.

My wife's final destination was her POE. She had a roaming sim for a smart cell phone, but I think it didn't get activated before she left, as it never worked. I had a USA cell phone for her on arrival. But she was so slow getting through immigration and customs that it was me freaking out waiting for over 3 hours for her to get out of there. I even called the airlines to make sure she didn't miss her connection in Japan. Although she was nervous, she handled it perfectly, even asking questions in Japan when she was unsure which way to go. Her only complaint was how long the flight was between Japan and the USA.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

No, you will wait outside.

But if he has a flight to NC, the same flight she does, can he not wait in the boarding area and then all she has to do is pass immigration and then head to the gate that is going to NC where then her can meet her?

May 9, 11. Met on dating site Filipinacupid

chat 2x a day since

Dec 23, 11. met in Cebu, traveled to Balamban.

Dec 25th 11 asked her fathers permission to marry her in Cebuano. Engaged.

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 18th 12, I-129f recieved at vsc

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

July 16th, called nvc recieved case #

Aug 1st, CFO completed

Aug 16th, Interview date and Approved

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everything really depends on the actual airport layout that she is flying into. For instance, if it was LAX,she would have to go outside to meet him since they have a separate international terminal. Detroit on the other hand, she could stay inside and meet him at the boarding terminal of the ongoing flight. However, if Detroit still has the wicked witch of the midwest working there, I wouldn't have anyone flight thru there for a POE. When my now wife and myself flew through there, she made me go through one line and my fiance had to go through another one even though we got off the same flight. The other workers there were just shaking their head at her. This was some time ago though, and someone has probably already knocked the witch in the head. I don't know how Chicago is layed out.

Timeline

LAX isnt that bad for a POE.I just picked up my Fiancee there. She arrived on July 7th at LAX. I told her in advance what to expect since I have had friends pick up their Relatives and friends from Tom Bradley Intl Terminal Many times and I of course came through the Terminal a few times from flying Abroad but not as a Immigrant. She told me it was basically a breeze, no issues at all. It is a separate Terminal from domestic, but for us we loved LAX as a POE.

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

As long as they know basic english and can read and write, anybody should be able to navigate through an airport. When I flew from Manila to SFO, it was my first time as well. It was easy and fast. We had no communication but he was waiting for me when I landed at SFO, so it was easy breezy. No need to spend time and money to accompany her. The US is one big place and she can start getting used to it by travelling alone.

Timeline

As long as they know basic english and can read and write, anybody should be able to navigate through an airport. When I flew from Manila to SFO, it was my first time as well. It was easy and fast. We had no communication but he was waiting for me when I landed at SFO, so it was easy breezy. No need to spend time and money to accompany her. The US is one big place and she can start getting used to it by travelling alone.

Yeah I think I agree with that. A round trip to LAX is cheap not so bad to meet her there. I guess if they can navigate those jeepneys that's a lot harder than anything in the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.