Jnaz

If petitioner goes to the interview, does he get questioned too?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So i know that for the USEM in manila the petitioner is allowed to be present for the interview.. but does that mean he/she gets interviewed too? Are there any petitioners here who attend the interview and can share their experience? Thanks! :)

08.07.12 ::: FedExed K1 Petition to California Service Center

08.10.12 ::: NOA1 Text

08.16.12 ::: NOA1 Receipt received in the mail

04:19.13 ::: NOA2 Text and Email (Yay!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

there have been postings here where the petitioner was interviwed and in one case it was a very thorough interview for both in seperate times and answers cross checked. so be prepared

Timeline

there have been postings here where the petitioner was interviwed and in one case it was a very thorough interview for both in seperate times and answers cross checked. so be prepared

That is my fear.. might add the risk of having conflicting answers. If thats the case maybe i can go to the Philippines for my fiancee's interview but stay out of the consulate's office... be there for just moral support and to celebrate after :)

Hi I had my interview yesterday.. yes he'll be asked for some question.. Mostly about your relationship.. Some do having interview together.. Some are separately.. Good luck!!!

Really? Congratulations! We're you two interviewed at the same time?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was there for my now wife's interview and it was no problem. The CO asked her some questions, and then me and the CO talked a little, but it certainly wasn't interviewing. I really think each case is different. If there are no red flags on anything, I don't think a person has a problem either way. However, if there are any red flags hidden in the big stack of paperwork, then you better look out even if both are there together.

Many people want to go on about how bad the CO can be during the interview, and I have known some that didn't pass. However, each time when the dust settled, they were trying to pull a fast one on the CO and didn't have everything in order.

I think your wife will do find either way, but she'll feel a lot better if you are there.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So i know that for the USEM in manila the petitioner is allowed to be present for the interview.. but does that mean he/she gets interviewed too? Are there any petitioners here who attend the interview and can share their experience? Thanks! :)

yes CO will ask you some questions about employment and your visits. CO will look for red flags, just let your fiance answer the questions without coaching. Also you will be standing together in front of bomb proof window, there is no office per say

Edited by Anne and Bret

I went to my fiancee's visa interview. The CO did ask both of us questions, but it was only confirming what was in the information packet that was submitted with the application. Just make sure you and your fiancee know everything that is in the application. We actually rehersed a little before the interview day. If your relationship is legit, you have nothing to worry about. It really does depend on the CO. We actually had a harder time with the pre-screener.

I personally think it helps that both are there. I'm not sure if it really matters, but, making a special trip half way around the world to support your fiancee with her interview would demonstrate legitimacy to me if I was the CO. Just sayin'.

K1 Timeline:
Aug 2007 Met online, April 2009 Met in person (engaged), 6-18-09 Mailed I-129F, 6-29-09 NOA1 received in mail, 9-28-09 NOA2 Hard Copy Received, 10-06-09 NVC Letter Hard Copy, 10-19-09 Medical passed (after some minor paperwork difficulty. whew!), 11-09-09 Interview - APPROVED, 11-17-09 CFO Seminar, 11-21-09 POE Chicago, 12-15-09 Received SSN, 1-13-10 MARRIED!!!!, 1-26-10 Received new SSN card with married name
AOS Timeline
3-26-10 Mailed AOS and EAD to Chicago Lockbox
4-9-10 Received NOA1 for AOS and EAD - Touched
4-22-10 Biometrics completed
5-03-10 AOS Transfered to CSC
6-04-10 AOS APPROVED!!! Welcome notice mailed.
6-07-10 EAD Approved!!! Card production ordered.
6-08-10 GC Production Ordered.
6-12-10 Welcome Notice Received vis USPS.
6-16-10 EAD Received via USPS
6-19-10 GC Arrived via USPS.
Report of Marriage/Passport Change
11-13-10 Filed Report of Marriage and applied for new passport with married name to Philippines Embassy
Removal of Conditions
3-6-12 Mailed I751 to VT Service Center
3-8-12 I751 Delivered to VT Service Center
3-15-12 NOA1 Received by USPS
3-30-12 Biometrics Completed
12-14-12 ROC Approved
12-20-12 10 yr Green Card Received vis USPS
US. Citizenship
9-21-15 Mailed N-400 to TX service center
9-27-15 N-400 Packet delivered to Dallas TX Lockbox
10-01-15 NOA1 notice via text

10-08-15 NOA1 notice via USPS

10-21-15 Biometrics Completed

10-30-15 "In Line" for interview

11-06-15 Interview Letter Received

12-08-15 Naturalization Interview - Louisville, KY Completed (Passed!)

01-13-16 11:05 AM Finished oath and became a citizen of the United States of America on wedding anniversary

01-19-16 Applied for US Passport

02-05-16 Passport Delivered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We interviewed yesterday and I was there with my fiancee. The pre-screener asked us both questions at the same time - It went really good. When the CO called we both went up together, he thanked me for the long journey and could I please have a seat. He interviewed my fiancee for 5 minutes and was asked to sit down. Five minutes later, my name was called to the same window and he interviewed me for a couple minutes. He said Thank you and that was it. We were called up to window 72 and asked how we were picking up our visa.

I think either way you better have the same answers, why wouldn't you? They knew a couple things about me that I would have never guessed they would question me on, and my fiancee definetly wouldn't have known. Just be honest and the outcome will be a good one.

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have read lots of posters here who was accompanied by their US citizen spouse/fiance, some were questioned together and some were only the beneficiary and there were some that both the consul and the US citizen talked like they were friends. I think it depends on the consul that will conduct the interview. As during my interview I saw that a US citizen was standing a little away from the window where the fiance was being interviewed. Good luck for the rest of your process!! :) :) I wish you the best!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

The questions were addressed to us both.. anyone could answer :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It was a very good experience when I was there; Filipino pre-screener asked as both questions but spent more time just chatting with us, CO asked me as many questions as my wife and he also spent time just chatting with the two of us. If you can be there, its for sure a good time.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I guess i got my answer.. all should be well as long as our love is legit. I will go ahead and attend the interview with her, all should be good because we are truly in love. :) I guess the paranoia just got the better of me (reading all the horror stories on this board can do that to you lol). Thank you all for giving your honest advices.. they are much appreciated. ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.