squaw_1970

please can someone offer some advice

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am really sorry OP for you and your child. May time heal you both. What breaks my heart is I have read too many times and it seems so many USC's treat their foreign spouses like pets from the pound and want them returned when they feel like it. It seems he like set you up and didn't do his due diligence and file the necessary paperwork so you could stay. Unfortunately because this country is not so versed in every arena about immigrations your rights were also voplated. You had a VAWA case and they should have allowed you to seek shelter. But than you said you didn't want to press charges I think.

Well is there anyway for you to go back to the job you had before you left your country? I wish you all the best. Time is a great healer.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Timeline

These kind of stories makes me livid.

Note to otheres, place love, relationships and all the other BS aside when you get married. You;re basically in a business relationship, treat the marriage as such; know where all teh properties are, that pertians to you, at all times, have your name on everything, know where the money is, and above all please have your own source of income.

Good luck to you Madam, at this pount I think you just need to focus on restarting your life in the UK, then get divorced. Forget the stuff in the US, they are gone.

Thank you so very much x i have a feeling it's what he did to his 1st wife all those years ago too and hope karma happens just feel like these people just do it and dont care. cant believe al the years i loved him and am totally shattered as no explanation nothing.jo interview tomo after applying for loads of jobs so please say me a prayer xx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It seems you never started anything. Like the UK you obtain an Immigrant Visa outside the country to immigrate into it.

If I understand it correctly you only ever visited.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

oh no we started the process and the first bit was approved then when i came out again in 2010 and was told i was being made redundant we called and were wrongly told (now i know) that as i was already here i could adjust status!! we had our medicals etc and then once i had been arrested turns out he never bothered doing the rest and because he never got in touch with them it was cancelled after so long which would mean i had to return to england and start the process again and i had overstayed as i only entered on a visa waiver as was only meant to be a trip!! just a total mess

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

i really wish you and your daughter the best, things will get better soon. i know you miss the US, it was your home. The positive thing is that UK is not such a bad country and you have a good chance of providing a good living for you and your daughter. Good luck to you and God bless.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The only thing we know for certainty is that the US is not in your obvious future.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I feel so bad for you after reading the story. You may be entitled to equity that the house earned in the last two years, but if property values drop, and they do, you can also be liable for half of the loss. Choose your battles wisely. Your story has some gaps but that may be to maintain privacy. I think the ban on coming to the US is way too much, but that's just me.

My wife is from the UK, we have had out ups and downs and try to work through any issues which arise. The fact that you had an issue arise over a webcam installation just shows that it was bound to happen for one reason or another. He already had that set up in his mind. I hope things turn out for the better soon.

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

My bus changed at Buffalo , New York on my return trip but there were Border Patrol Officers at the station and they asked to see my passport which I showed them and then was arrested and searched and questioned and was not allowed to even call him....I was finally released to appear at the immigration office in C******* awaiting deportation and was dropped back at the Bus station....

After seeing the Immigration people I was told that my paperwork had been cancelled and that we needed to leave the country to which I contacted an attorney who said they would fight the case but needed a $10,000 retainer....

Can I ask, what is this about? Were you not here on an I-129F or I-130 visa originally? Did you come here on a different visa? Did you file to adjust status once married? Who cancelled your paperwork and why? So many questions before we can know your possible solutions....

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

hi and thank you for your reply i will try to fill the gaps.... after we got married i came back to the u.k and he applied for both myself and my daughter if i remember correctly i think it was the 130 .... i visited whilst this was still going through at the christmas and then came back again in may 2010 which is when i was just coming for a visit so came into the country on visa waiver which is 90 days.... whilst i was visiting we rec notification that it had been approved and also that i was being made redundant this is when the call was made and i was told as i was here i could adjust status ( which later found out was not true) my husband had said that with that being the case it was pointless for me to go back to no job and my tenancy agreement was due to run out on the house i was renting in the uk too, it seemed silly to go back when he could support us etc..... so i stayed and he said he would file the paperwork....... when i was arrested border patrol were checking peoples papers at buffalo bus station and obviously when they saw my passport and called through they took me in.... this was sept 2011 by which time because the authorities had rec nothing at all from husband after the notification of approval of the first part it had been cancelled and i was told only way would be for me to go back to the uk and start whole process again which just seemed crazy as my daughter was in school in ohio and i had been raising money for the local community and we had not been claiming any help etc at all...i know it's a mess im not trying to justify that obviously it was against the law but i under all knowledge thought it was being sorted out and yes i agree all couples argue etc but the webcam thing etc and then not coming to england etc does make me think it was just an excuse he wanted to get rid of us sadly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.