ourjoy

Embassy visa interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

What is it about some files being in pink (or having pink ribbons around them) and some in white. I have read on VJ about some people seeing their files in pink at the embassy interview and being worried about been denied their visa. Also, a friend went to a spousal interview on Monday and saw that her file had a pink ribbon around it and she wasn't the visa (told to bring further evidence they listed) but those whose files had white ribbon got approved. It seems that the consular officers make up their minds before you even sit in front of them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What is it about some files being in pink (or having pink ribbons around them) and some in white. I have read on VJ about some people seeing their files in pink at the embassy interview and being worried about been denied their visa. Also, a friend went to a spousal interview on Monday and saw that her file had a pink ribbon around it and she wasn't the visa (told to bring further evidence they listed) but those whose files had white ribbon got approved. It seems that the consular officers make up their minds before you even sit in front of them.

Of course they have made a decision. They have had probably a good month or more to examine your evidence. Thats why front-loading for many of the toougher embassies (Like my husband Nigeria) is so vital.

When you think about it whatelse can be said or done at an interview. The denials at times are pretty compelling so unless someone had some real good counter evidence there's no much more to say or do.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

They usually have the decision way before. This is why some embassies will not let you to present any evidence during intervew like dwheels76 mentioned front loading for high fraud consulate, is really not an option but a requirement.

In my case I went thru easy embassy and didn't had to front load anything, neither they asked for any evidence during the interview, which lasted about 3 minutes total.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Timeline

But USCIS only request "evidence of having met in person within the two years prior to filling your petition" and this may be different front "evidence of ongoing relationship" that the embassy requests. If you haven't visited sites like VJ, you wouldn't know to front load it at the USCIS state, which I did not. So why should the embassy rely only on the evidence presented to USCIS and not wait for the evidence to prove ongoing relationship before even having thoughts of approval or denial. They are just playing with people's life

Of course they have made a decision. They have had probably a good month or more to examine your evidence. Thats why front-loading for many of the toougher embassies (Like my husband Nigeria) is so vital.

When you think about it whatelse can be said or done at an interview. The denials at times are pretty compelling so unless someone had some real good counter evidence there's no much more to say or do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

But USCIS only request "evidence of having met in person within the two years prior to filling your petition" and this may be different front "evidence of ongoing relationship" that the embassy requests. If you haven't visited sites like VJ, you wouldn't know to front load it at the USCIS state, which I did not. So why should the embassy rely only on the evidence presented to USCIS and not wait for the evidence to prove ongoing relationship before even having thoughts of approval or denial. They are just playing with people's life

Ourjoy excellent question. And I can tell you from my numerous friends that went through K1 and even CR1/IR1 through Nigeria were denied before they found VJ. Even with lawyers they have been denied. Cuz baby Lagos is its own sepatate thing. (funny I have yet to have a friend who has got a denial who found VJ before the interview hmmm good success rate).

And you are right for you K1ers it says only requirement is to have met within 2 years. And I know for me I knew nothing about high fraud, red flags Bonafide evidence of a marriage (I thought that waas what a marriage certificate was for) after much googling, reading through guides and testimonals my poor husbands embassy falls in that category "guilty so prove yourself innocent". It is what it is.

Many people I know finding VJ after they initially filed, but by NVC found it have front-loaded at that stage. Because unfortunately too many times we have all read here "The CO wouldn't let me show my evidence I brought". So why not put in their hands ahead of time.

Look at it this way you are trying to convince a total stranger that you two are in love and deserve to be together on US soil. So your evidence needs to convey such a relationship and love story.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Thanks a lot

Ourjoy excellent question. And I can tell you from my numerous friends that went through K1 and even CR1/IR1 through Nigeria were denied before they found VJ. Even with lawyers they have been denied. Cuz baby Lagos is its own sepatate thing. (funny I have yet to have a friend who has got a denial who found VJ before the interview hmmm good success rate).

And you are right for you K1ers it says only requirement is to have met within 2 years. And I know for me I knew nothing about high fraud, red flags Bonafide evidence of a marriage (I thought that waas what a marriage certificate was for) after much googling, reading through guides and testimonals my poor husbands embassy falls in that category "guilty so prove yourself innocent". It is what it is.

Many people I know finding VJ after they initially filed, but by NVC found it have front-loaded at that stage. Because unfortunately too many times we have all read here "The CO wouldn't let me show my evidence I brought". So why not put in their hands ahead of time.

Look at it this way you are trying to convince a total stranger that you two are in love and deserve to be together on US soil. So your evidence needs to convey such a relationship and love story.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You know, I remember wondering the same thing. Obviously we went through Nairobi. Our file was in a bright pink file folder and I remember being worried about that, but then our interview took less than 5 minutes and it was approved right away. Sooo...take that for what it's worth, I guess!

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.