channie14

RFE request apparently sent but we never received it

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Our initial documents were received on December 12th and sent to Cali for processing. It had been almost 8 months and we hadn't heard anything back so we called last week to inquire what was happening. We got an email over the weekend stating that in May they sent us a request for evidence. We never received this request letter.

I track our application online everyday and our status never changed to "request for evidence", it still shows "initial processing", and we registered to receive our updates via text and email and we never received an update saying they'd sent us a letter.

I'm worried that our application has been disregarded because we haven't replied within a deadline, but we haven't replied because we had no idea about them needing further evidence.

We had to log a further request to find our what evidence it is that they want because the guy we spoke to said he can't see anything from his computer system so we have a query number and we have to wait another 10 days to hear back about what evidence they want.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Or heard of them sending a request for evidence and the request never being received? And also the online status not being updated etc.

I'm a little worried about where this leaves our application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

If I were you, I would be calling USCIS immediately!

Try to speak to a tier 2 representative. Don't be rude, but be firm. You have questions and they have the answers! good.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yup, you need to call ASAP. dont delay. might have been 3 months since they sent it to you

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Timeline

We waited because we knew applications can take from anywhere to 5-8 months before you hear anything so we weren't overly concerned when we didn't hear anything back, plus because each day I tracked the application it stated it was still in initial processing I didn't think anything of it. So we called right on the 7.5 month mark and now all this has happened.

Edited by channie14

Timeline

Apparently tier two representatives can't help us either. We just have to wait to receive a copy of the letter which they have requested be sent to us again. They said our online status wasn't adjusted "because sometimes that department just forgets to do that at times"...great. Basically if we are outside of the deadline they issued for the RFE we have to start an entire new application. We won't know if we're outside of the deadline until we receive a copy of this letter they say they sent in May. Unbelievable.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Apparently tier two representatives can't help us either. We just have to wait to receive a copy of the letter which they have requested be sent to us again. They said our online status wasn't adjusted "because sometimes that department just forgets to do that at times"...great. Basically if we are outside of the deadline they issued for the RFE we have to start an entire new application. We won't know if we're outside of the deadline until we receive a copy of this letter they say they sent in May. Unbelievable.

This is awful! huh.gif I hope they send that letter to you very soon, so the ball can keep rolling. I would be livid!

Best luck y'all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.