NC&LEYTE

Is it normal not to touch it in 5 months?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I just checked my case status,last time they touched on 3/18/12.We filled on 3/12/12.Is this normal?

Welcome to the forum

Yep. If you call them they will likely tell you the same thing.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Thanks. I also noticed the same thing; I guess its first touch it is probably assigned to someone, and the status isn't updated unless there is a RFE or the case is completed. Our NOA1 is June 4, touched June 6 and nothing else since.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I love the title of this post.

Is it normal not to touch it in 5 months? it normal not to touch it in 5 months?

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

OK, now that I am breathing. You probably will get a NOA2 before you see a touch again. Don't put much credence on the "touches"rofl.gif

The USCIS website is not very reliable. I know one person who got NOA2, K1 approved, entered US and married and the website still said initial review.

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is it normal not to touch it in 5 months? it normal not to touch it in 5 months?

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

OK, now that I am breathing. You probably will get a NOA2 before you see a touch again. Don't put much credence on the "touches"rofl.gif

The USCIS website is not very reliable. I know one person who got NOA2, K1 approved, entered US and married and the website still said initial review.

SMH @ the dirty mind...lol I didn't even think of that when I read this :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SMH @ the dirty mind...lol I didn't even think of that when I read this :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL Que Saudade is not alone. I only entered the thread to see if anyone else responded because they were thinking the same thing I was at first.

Yes, it's normal. Our case had no updates until the day we got our petition approved.

~~~~USCIS~~~~
02-12-11 -- Mailed CR1 Petition (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
02-14-11 -- Petition delivered to the Chicago Lockbox
02-16-11 -- NOA1 Text/E-mail
02-22-11 -- I-797C received in the mail
05-24-11 -- NOA2 E-mail (no text, no RFE)
05-28-11 -- I-797C received in the mail

~~~~NVC~~~~
06-07-11 -- Case entered into system
06-08-11 -- Received e-mails with DS-3032 and AOS
06-09-11 -- E-mailed and snail mailed DS-3032 and paid AOS fee
06-10-11 -- AOS status: PAID
06-14-11 -- Mailed AOS package (USPS First-Class Mail)
06-15-11 -- DS-3032 e-mail accepted by NVC and IV bill generated
06-16-11 -- Paid IV bill
06-17-11 -- NVC withdrew money for IV bill from my account
06-23-11 -- IV status: PAID
06-24-11 -- Mailed IV package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
06-27-11 -- IV package delivered
07-11-11 -- Final Review
07-12-11 -- CASE COMPLETE
08-03-11 -- E-Mail received about interview date
09-12-11 -- INTERVIEW

~~~~Removal of Conditions~~~~

08-02-13 -- ROC window opens

08-05-13 -- Mailed I-751 package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)

08-09-13 -- Package delivered (Delayed at Post Office)
08-12-13 -- NOA1
08-15-13 -- Check cashed
08-24-13 -- Received biometrics letter for September 10
08-26-13 -- Early walk-in for biometrics
09-16-13 -- Received letter stating our case was transferred to CSC on September 12
10-02-13 -- Received text/email update. Case changed from "transferred to Local Office" to "was transferred and now being processed at a USCIS Office"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortunately you are going through VSC....and they are still doing February I do believe...Hang in there.:wacko:

Hello NC&LEYTE

mine also we filed March 13 then NOA1 March 20,and we got touch June 28 and until still nothing....don't know what happen to VSC now...but the normal process now as what mostly got approved from VSC was 6 to 8mos the whole process as they told me..don't know how reliable was that source that i heard...:( :( :(

I just checked my case status,last time they touched on 3/18/12.We filled on 3/12/12.Is this normal?

March 13,2012 = I-129F Mailed to Dallas,texas

March 15,2012 = received email from USCIS,that they got the packet

March 20,2012 = received email from USCIS for our NOA1,and they routed to VSC

June 28, 2012 = touch

October 03,2012 = F received RFE via text

" Dave and Rose forever "

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for all the feedback I just find it hard to believe that VSC are this slow with computers. I was afraid maybe it was lost or something. I laughed at the topic title myself once you pointed it out lol.

LOL Que Saudade is not alone. I only entered the thread to see if anyone else responded because they were thinking the same thing I was at first.

Yes, it's normal. Our case had no updates until the day we got our petition approved.

We all really only want one touch. More than one touch means they either got pulled off (which is what you hope) or they have questions that need someone else to review or discuss your case with. Touches = delays though. LIke one poster stated they were touched one time and then approved. Good Luck to you and everyone...

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

:rofl:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to K1 Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We all really only want one touch. More than one touch means they either got pulled off (which is what you hope)

whistling.gif I usually want more than oneOff-Topic2.gif

As I said, you will probably get approved before you see another "update"

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.