avoci

Pleaase help with 2 questions

15 posts in this topic

How do I get a "certified copy of federal income tax"?

Also, it says I need the original affidavit of support, but then it also says I can download the form? Do I have my husband send me the original???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also, it says I need the original affidavit of support, but then it also says I can download the form? Do I have my husband send me the original???

You can order transcripts directly from the IRS

Original meaning copy of document with "original" signature

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The form is down loadable but it wont save the data typed in to it, he will have to fill it out and print it out and send you the original, best to print out extras.

Since you posted under DCF but your profile shows K-3 I am unsure which Affidavit of support you ar refering to, K-3 uses I-134, and DCF uses I-864.

He sends you the original I-134 signed and notarized for K-3, or I-864 (No notary needed on I-864) for CR-1/IR-1 or DCF

Finaly about tax returns, Tax Transcripts are acceptable in place of copies of the tax returns. Transcripts can be ordered by phone from the IRS and are free. http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Why do people post to multiple forums? Sometimes confusing and may even get wrong answers, like Affidavit of support is different depending on the Visa type K3 uses different one than DCF or IR-1/CR-1

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Why do people post to multiple forums? Sometimes confusing and may even get wrong answers, like Affidavit of support is different depending on the Visa type K3 uses different one than DCF or IR-1/CR-1

People post to mulitple forums because sometimes thier posts are not responded to in one forum, even if it's the forum most appropriate for the post.

That's been my experience, anywho.... :whistle:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

People post to mulitple forums because sometimes thier posts are not responded to in one forum, even if it's the forum most appropriate for the post.

That's been my experience, anywho.... :whistle:

Agreed but not three times in two minutes.... We never get a chance to help in these situations... and we have to verify the info on three different threads to get a "snapshot" of all the replies and if those replies are accurate... It simply increases the chance that the questio will not be answered accurately and that ain't a good thing

YMMV

We are doing the I-864. So, he has to send me (the petitioner) the I-864??? I thought I could download it? Do I have to order these certified copies of taxes from the IRS even if I have my copies from when I filed with my accountant? According to the IRS website, it seems like waiting for "certified copies" could take quite a while... I figured a certified copy meant my copy with my signature signed by a notary. I wonder if my local IRS office could do that????

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

The form is down loadable but it wont save the data typed in to it, he will have to fill it out and print it out and send you the original, best to print out extras.

Since you posted under DCF but your profile shows K-3 I am unsure which Affidavit of support you ar refering to, K-3 uses I-134, and DCF uses I-864.

He sends you the original I-134 signed and notarized for K-3, or I-864 (No notary needed on I-864) for CR-1/IR-1 or DCF

Finaly about tax returns, Tax Transcripts are acceptable in place of copies of the tax returns. Transcripts can be ordered by phone from the IRS and are free. http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

Timeline

We are doing the I-864. So, he has to send me (the petitioner) the I-864??? I thought I could download it? Do I have to order these certified copies of taxes from the IRS even if I have my copies from when I filed with my accountant? According to the IRS website, it seems like waiting for "certified copies" could take quite a while... I figured a certified copy meant my copy with my signature signed by a notary. I wonder if my local IRS office could do that????

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

The instructions included with form I-864 makes absolutly no mention about "Certified copies" of the Tax returns. They do request tax transcripts, which are FREE and can be ordered over the phone by calling the IRS

The transcript can be ordered by completing a Form 4506-T (PDF) or calling (800) 829-1040 and following the prompts in the recorded message. There is no charge for the transcript and you should receive it in 10 business days from the time we receive your request. Tax return transcripts are generally available for the current and past three years.
http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

I ordered them for our affidavit of support, and had them in less than a week.

Please read the instructions on form I-864 http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-864.htm

Again YOU DO NOT NEED "CERTIFIED COPIES" OF TAX RETURNS ONLY TRANSCRIPTS THEY ARE FREE.

On the directions sheet I received it says I do need "certified copy of most recent feral income tax return".... :( I really hope this doesn't set us back!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

The instructions included with form I-864 makes absolutly no mention about "Certified copies" of the Tax returns. They do request tax transcripts, which are FREE and can be ordered over the phone by calling the IRS

The transcript can be ordered by completing a Form 4506-T (PDF) or calling (800) 829-1040 and following the prompts in the recorded message. There is no charge for the transcript and you should receive it in 10 business days from the time we receive your request. Tax return transcripts are generally available for the current and past three years.

Please read the instructions on form I-864 http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-864.htm

Again YOU DO NOT NEED "CERTIFIED COPIES" OF TAX RETURNS ONLY TRANSCRIPTS THEY ARE FREE.

And one more question, do I need the transcripts if I have copies if my tax returns from my accountant?

On the directions sheet I received it says I do need "certified copy of most recent feral income tax return".... :( I really hope this doesn't set us back!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

So, transcripts are the same as certified copies?

You can order transcripts directly from the IRS

Original meaning copy of document with "original" signature

Timeline
And one more question, do I need the transcripts if I have copies if my tax returns from my accountant?

I have copies of the original returns prepared by my accountant as well as the tax transcripts, from the IRS, again the instructions included with the I-864 form specify tax transcripts. By signing the I-864 you are certifing that the copies of the tax returns are true copies.

Note the recent rules on documentation for the I-864 form.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...pp_062106FS.pdf

Section 213A(f)(6)(B ) of the Act gives discretion to alter the affidavit of support requirements so that a sponsor need only file a copy of the tax return from the most recent tax year, rather than the returns for the three most recent tax years. This final rule adopts this alternative. That is, once this final rule enters into force, a sponsor will only be required to submit one Federal tax return, for the most recent tax year. However, the sponsor may, at his or her option, submit the sponsor's or household member's Federal income tax returns for the three most recent years if the sponsor believes these additional tax returns may help to establish the sponsor's ability to maintain his or her household income at the applicable threshold set forth in Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.

Use of IRS Transcripts Instead of Copies of the Required Tax Returns

Another commenter asked whether the sponsor may submit IRS-generated transcripts of the returns. Under current IRS policy, IRS will provide transcripts, free of charge, if the sponsor files IRS Form 4506T. There is, by contrast, a fee for filing an IRS Form 4506, rather than the free IRS Form 4506T, if one wants to obtain an actual photocopy of the filed return. It is important to note that the interim rule did not require the sponsor to obtain photocopies of the sponsor's own returns from the IRS. If, as the IRS recommends, the sponsor has kept photocopies or duplicate originals of the sponsor's returns in the sponsor's own files, the sponsor may submit copies of his or her own file copies. Section 213A requires the submission of certified copies, but the interim rule and the Form I-864 itself make it clear that, by signing the Form I-864, the sponsor certifies under penalty of perjury that the copies are true copies. The final rule does give the sponsor, substitute sponsor, joint sponsor, household member, or intending immigrant the option of submitting either photocopies or IRS-generated transcripts of the required tax returns. Along with the transcripts or photocopies, the sponsor, joint sponsor, or household member must submit copies of all Forms W-2, Forms 1099, and schedules, as specified in the rule.

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01...006/06-5522.htm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

If you filed a K-3 then why are you wanting info on the I.864??? :huh: For K-3's you fill in I.134. Its a K-3 my hubby filed for me and we're doing the I.134 You are only required to fill in I.864 if your doing CR1/IR1

:whistle:

Separated!!

Timeline
If you filed a K-3 then why are you wanting info on the I.864??? :huh: For K-3's you fill in I.134. Its a K-3 my hubby filed for me and we're doing the I.134 You are only required to fill in I.864 if your doing CR1/IR1

You are correct in your assesment the OP needs to make the change to their profile it shows K-3 but if you read their profile "our story" it states "I spent the entire summer with my husband and his family. We filed the I-130 at the embassy in Tirana, Albania on July 5,2006." So they are dong a DCF instead which is a CR-1, and requires I-864 form.

AVOCI can you please fix your profile so it shows that you filed for DCF not K-3, it originally confused me and confuses others when they read your post.

Edited by YuAndDan

It started as a K3, but is apparently now a CR1

Will do.. didn't realize it at the time.

Thanks!

You are correct in your assesment the OP needs to make the change to their profile it shows K-3 but if you read their profile "our story" it states "I spent the entire summer with my husband and his family. We filed the I-130 at the embassy in Tirana, Albania on July 5,2006." So they are dong a DCF instead which is a CR-1, and requires I-864 form.

AVOCI can you please fix your profile so it shows that you filed for DCF not K-3, it originally confused me and confuses others when they read your post.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.