onesassygirl

Canadian Fiance(s)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What does the typical timeline look like for a Canadian fiance(e)? We are just about to send our I-129F in and was wondering how long we have to wait. I've read that typically, on average, it takes 6-9 months for everyone. I was just wondering if maybe Canadian cases go a little faster?

Anyone care to share? It would be much appreciated =)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
What does the typical timeline look like for a Canadian fiance(e)? We are just about to send our I-129F in and was wondering how long we have to wait. I've read that typically, on average, it takes 6-9 months for everyone. I was just wondering if maybe Canadian cases go a little faster?

Anyone care to share? It would be much appreciated =)

Depends on where you're filing. and everyone is different.

Somehow, homeland security thinks that we canadians are a potential threat and give us the same attention as those from unfriendly countries.

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd say that for Canadians, the process depends a lot more on which Center in the U.S. your application is going through; which is to say, it has more to do with where the U.S. citizen lives. The process of getting your NOA2 varies drastically based on that.

After your NOA2 is processed, your application gets sent to the National Visa Center, and then to one of the two American consulates in Canada; that part of the process is more consistent for all Canadian cases. You can see the latest stats on that here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Filed: Timeline

I dont think its really your nationality that speeds up your process, but i do think they have a bit more leniency towards us. It's easier for us to visit our fiance(e)'s, to call them, its easier for us to prove we have a relationship since we are just next door. Also, depends on your case, if its simple or not. Anyway, before i start rambling, good luck on your journey! lol :thumbs:

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Luckily, CSC seems to be speeding up, but based on current stats, I'd say you've got about a 3 month wait in California, then another 72 days (or 2.5 months) before the interview and the visa being granted. That's assuming no requests for evidence or administrative reviews. But that's purely speculation on my part. The stats change over time.

Good luck in the process!

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

going through vermont chk below

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well

I think the time is the same to Canadians, or Brazilians, or whatever.

It does not depend the nationality of your fiance, and if it depends, sorry but it is a big #$@# because everybody here wants the same thing and are going through the same problems...

But if you look at the processing time, you'll see vermont looks like the faster process and california the slowest.

Well. i wish you good luck with your canadian fiance, and i hope you process goes fast and fast!!!

Visa Approved!

Removal of Conditions

21/03 - VSC Received it

24/03 - NOA 1

27/03 - Check Cashed

08/04 - Biometrics received

July 8th - Approved

"Do you think who made the ears wont listen to you? Do you think who made the eyes, wont see? God is always watching you and listening to you"

988_d85d41946422f5b8fb58899bbfd0ba87_prod.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

They do what ever they want when ever they want and it is different for everyone. :thumbs:

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
They do what ever they want when ever they want and it is different for everyone. :thumbs:

Good luck,

Peter Miami

:yes:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

A TSC transfered to CSC Canadian here! Check my timeline (5 months) but I think CSC has slowed down a bit since we filed. Good luck, and I hope you have a speedy processing time :)

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Timeline
A TSC transfered to CSC Canadian here! Check my timeline (5 months) but I think CSC has slowed down a bit since we filed. Good luck, and I hope you have a speedy processing time :)

thank you! i hope so too!

Timeline
We filed in mid august and I got my visa at the end of January. We went through the Texas centre (very slow) and the Vancouver consulate (great). Good luck with all.

5 months or so.. not bad. I think CSC has slowed down though.. so I am expecting 6-7 months (assuming that all goes well).. ah well, what can you do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.