gretchen_darren

princess rose

112 posts in this topic

You're calling the baby Princess? or is that a nickname?

Its actually a popular name in the Philippines.. I went to school with 3 girls named Princess. I never realized it was even odd here in the US until I moved here.

Anyway, congrats Darren and Gretchen! All the best to you and your new family! I am just beginning my journey to motherhood and still have a long way to go.. :) keep us updated on princess rose and hope Gretchen recovers quickly.

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

He swallowed meconium and the heart rate plummeted on the fetal heart monitor.

I have seen that with my job. That is a serious life threatening situation. Was he in he ICU for awhile? I delivered a baby in the field that had inhaled meconium. Since her heart rate was below 60 we had to do CPR. That was a scary call. My heart rate was elevated and that NEVER happens to me on the ambulance.

Congrats Darren! I wish good health for your newborn and Gretchen!

Congratulations to you both. Our baby was delivered by C-section too, 2 years ago this month on the 16th, and she did well. God bless you all, and enjoy all these days.

Congratulations to both of you!!

ANDY & MARICAR

N-400 Timeline

05/14/2012 - Mailed N-400 packet to Dallas/Lewisville Lockbox via Priority Mail.

05/21/2012 - NOA1

06/12/2012 - Biometrics

06/29/2012 - Interview Notice

08/06/2012 - Naturalization Interview in OKC PASSED!!!!!!!

09/28/2012 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!!!!

U.S. CITIZEN!!!!!

What is that supposed to mean? There's nothing wrong with having a birth that way. Women of small bone structure sometimes cannot deliver vaginally. My son would not enter the birth canal because of my small bone structure. He swallowed meconium and the heart rate plummeted on the fetal heart monitor.

It's not "too bad" for a woman to have a c-section. It's a way for her and her child to have a life together.

Darren - her recovery will only be slightly longer than with a vaginal birth. Her tummy area will be very sore and she'll need to keep it covered when she bathes. She'll have lifting restrictions for a short period of time. It's really not that bad. And the good news is her bottom won't be hurting.

I say its too bad bcoz of the recovery...i am not against c section...if thats how the baby and mother can be saved why not...I was the same size with gretchen when i had vaginal delivery with my first born thats why i kinda felt bad for her that she will have c section...taking care of the baby while recovering from c section plus still adjusting the life in US and the married life at a very young age...i would think it can be overwhelming sometimes. thats why i said its too bad. But hey maybe its not too bad for both of them thats just what i think now if you think theres something wrong with what i think oh well thats too bad. :)

I have seen that with my job. That is a serious life threatening situation. Was he in he ICU for awhile? I delivered a baby in the field that had inhaled meconium. Since her heart rate was below 60 we had to do CPR. That was a scary call. My heart rate was elevated and that NEVER happens to me on the ambulance.

Congrats Darren! I wish good health for your newborn and Gretchen!

Thanks for asking about my son. As soon as he was born, they put a long tube down his throat and sucked everything out. I have it on video and it was much scarier in retrospect than while it was happening. There was no "baby cry" right away.

Today, he's a very healthy normal 24 year old college grad, looking for work!

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks one and all. Update: 3:30 MST, going in for C-section. baby just will not come naturally. Good news is baby Princess WILL be born today....

Darren and Gretchen - Prayers, blessings, and many congrats to you both and baby Princess! --RK&Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

I tell you what will make a c-section mom feel a whole lot worse than pain from her incision. That's people implying or saying that there was something "wrong" with how she gave birth.

Since you didn't have a c-section, you're actually not a very good judge of recovery from it. It's really not that difficult.

I agree with you. I gave birth twice through C-sec. First with my daughter born in the Philippines and I went back to work after 3 weeks. Second was with my son born in Las Vegas. They operated on Wednesday and I went grocery shopping on Saturday while he was still in NICU since he was a preemie, and taking care of him was just all on me and my husband because his relatives are in Buffalo so there was no other help. I think the recovery depends on the person and how she's taking and handling it. The first 2 days were painful but after that, I went back to my normal activities minus heavy lifting.

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

I tell you what will make a c-section mom feel a whole lot worse than pain from her incision. That's people implying or saying that there was something "wrong" with how she gave birth.

Since you didn't have a c-section, you're actually not a very good judge of recovery from it. It's really not that difficult.

Dont get too emotional about what i said just bcoz you had a c section. Dont bring your frustration here. Who would want to have a c section if they can help it. Just be happy that our babies are healthy. You dont really need to make such a big deal about what i said bcoz the post wasnt meant for you. :) now snap out of it and move on. Im outta here :P

Dont get too emotional about what i said just bcoz you had a c section. Dont bring your frustration here. Who would want to have a c section if they can help it. Just be happy that our babies are healthy. You dont really need to make such a big deal about what i said bcoz the post wasnt meant for you. :) now snap out of it and move on. Im outta here :P

Um.

People don't usually have c-sections unless they can't help it.

Like Gretchen.

Upon whom I am anxiously awaiting word.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The need a thumbs up emot-con!

thumbsupd.png

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.