5 posts in this topic

I'm filling for my AOS from k-1 after a year of being in the states. I don't have any of the medical paperwork needed for green card package, however I'm in a financial gutter and financially can't afford to get denied. My plan initially was to send my package as it is, without the medical paperwork and wait and see if I get an RFE.what is the general rule in cases like this ? Should I expect an RFE or a denial ?

Edited by Beach Bum

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Very unlikely you'll get a denial, but if you cannot afford the medical now, what makes you think you an afford it in a month or two, when you;ll get the RFE?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I can afford medical, But I can't afford getting denied and having to start all over again and having to pay the filling fee because of an accident involving my pet. If anything at this point it's a matter of should I wait and file after I can afford to get my medical done ( later this month ) or should I send it off ASAP to not waste any more time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I can afford medical, But I can't afford getting denied and having to start all over again and having to pay the filling fee because of an accident involving my pet. If anything at this point it's a matter of should I wait and file after I can afford to get my medical done ( later this month ) or should I send it off ASAP to not waste any more time.

I would wait and get the medical done then send everything together that is required.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm filling for my AOS from k-1 after a year of being in the states. I don't have any of the medical paperwork needed for green card package, however I'm in a financial gutter and financially can't afford to get denied. My plan initially was to send my package as it is, without the medical paperwork and wait and see if I get an RFE.what is the general rule in cases like this ? Should I expect an RFE or a denial ?

Your medical abroad has almost certainly expired. You'll need a new medical. If you don't submit it with the AOS package then you'll get an RFE for it. You'll have a limited amount of time to respond to the RFE. If you don't respond with a medical packet from a civil surgeon then you'll be denied, and have to start over.

Wait until you can afford the medical. Make sure you include everything that's required in the AOS package. There's no time limit for adjusting status, so there's no point rushing it and risking a denial.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.